“Fun rides, but old and stinky park”

Schlitterbahn Waterpark New Braunfels
More attraction details
Owner description: Come explore over seventy acres of shared family fun, thrilling adventure, and relaxation! Schlitterbahn is nestled along the beautiful banks of the Comal River and features world-famous attractions, epic river adventures, kid’s water playgrounds, and beautiful spots to relax and share a picnic.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun rides, but old and stinky park”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We visited for the first time because we absolutely love the commercials on TV. They advertise a awesome place and it's not so awesome. We were there during the week so we didn't have too many long lines but the park seemed dirty and some areas were very stinky. I think they should cut down on the advertising budget and put in money to renovate the old areas. I will never visit again until it gets fixed. The rides and attractions are fun, but the overall look of the park overshadows that.

Visited August 2013
SchlitterbahnNB, Guest Relations Manager at Schlitterbahn Waterpark New Braunfels, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable visit. We are always looking for ways to improve the park and we will take your suggestions into review. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Austin, Texas, United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“I LOVE SCHLITTERBAHN”

Oh Schlitterbahn, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
1) Free and abundant parking; free and frequent shuttle between east and west parts of the park.
2) Coolers allowed, and a seemingly endless supply of picnic tables to park them on
3) Abundant tree shade in the old part of the park
4) Spring-fed tube rides, with 72 degree water that is as refreshing as anything can be on a 100 degree day
5) Friendly staff
6) Master Blaster - even with a long line.
7) The new longest-in-the-world-water-ride - just going round and round for as long as you want
8) Whitewater - maybe even more fun that Master Blaster and a much quicker line - total mayhem on the water
9) Cliffhanger - going in endless loops in the eddies, bumping into everyone, and not caring how long it takes to get to the bottom but totally thrilled when you go over that final cliff!
10) A place our teenagers can go off by themselves and leave us to have fun at our own pace
11) Plenty of rides and attractions for people of all ages.
12) Frozen margaritas at the pool bars
That would be 12, then.

Visited September 2013
Thank you for your review! We are very pleased to see you count the ways you love us! Enjoy the rest of your summer. We hope to see you again next year!
Houston, TX
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Excellent everytime - though always long lines”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We always enjoy Schlitterbahn. It is great for children and adults. Its funny to watch every adult let loose and enjoy the water rides, how can you not?

Parking is easy and directed by staff. They have staff everyone on guard to help you through the ticket line and then again to check your coolers and bags. It's great that they allow you to bring in your own food and beverages (no glass, no alcohol) as that can significantly help families reduce expenses. You can purchase food and beverages (including alcohol) at the park(s).

I recommend getting there early around 9:30-10am to get through the line, find a nice spot to leave your coolers and food, get your locker for your valuable items, and find an innertube that fits you. This will allow you to hop right into a few rides before the lines get backed up - which when they do, you can easily wait in line 20mins to 1 hour for each ride.

This is the major draw-back for this park (as I am sure is the case with any water-park, this is the only one I've been to at least 50 times in my life). I know there's not much that can be done given the popularity of the park and the great measure of safety that they enforce.

I love every ride, but definitely recommend the original park over Surfenburg and Blastenhoff to start at and leave your stuff. It has the most shade, the most rides, and is all spring fed from the Comal. The other two have chlorine water which I am not a fan of.

Food and beverages are pretty standard prices for a theme/water park so I don't think any of it would be a shock. They sale hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, turkey legs, funnel cakes, ice cream, etc etc.

There's restrooms pretty conveniently located around the park which also have changing rooms and showers. This is nice if you have a long drive ahead of you when you leave. They close at 7pm so expect to not be able to get on any ride shortly after 6 as they'll want people off of the rides as close to 7 as possible.

There are stairs everywhere and ramps all around the park(s). If you're injured or handicap I do not recommend going to here. I badly sprained my ankle recently and managed to get around, but it was difficult and I was in pain by the end of the day (worth it, of course). The ground is wet almost everyone as to be expected, so water shoes are a good idea. This also helps with the hot concrete you will inevitably walk over as well. I've never seen an elevator here, I don't know if there are any on the property.

This is a great place to go to get out of the summer heat and into the cold water.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank rlbtx3
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you had a great time while visiting us this summer. Just to clarify, in September we close at 7:00pm, but June through August we are open until 8:00pm. Enjoy the rest of your summer. We hope to see you again next year!
Corpus Christi, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“FUN!!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Always a great time!!! family time at its finest!! Never a dull moment. Fun for all ages. My 3yr old rode almost every ride with us!! can't wait to go back!

Visited August 2013
Thank you for you review! We are happy to hear that you had a great time while visiting us this summer! We hope to see you again next year!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Voted best waterpark multiple times for a reason!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Schlitterbahn a total of 3 times this summer. Saturdays in July & August seem to be most crowded, but we were still able to ride most of the rides. Prepare to stand in line for a few hours to ride the newer attractions such as the Wolf Pack, Black Knight, and Master Blaster. Make sure to visit both parks, too. There is a tram that will shuttle you between the two. Tubes are always free and life jackets are available. You can bring your own picnic, just leave the glass jars/bottles and alcohol at home. Prepare to spend all day here! The older park has more slide/rapids type rides and use untreated Comal River water. We also saw lots of deer in the woods across the river, near the golf course. My advice is to plan your day by going to their website and downloading the map to make sure you ride everything you want to. Awesome place to take your family!

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that you had a great time while visiting us this summer! Enjoy the rest of your summer. We hope to see you again soon!