Schlitterbahn Waterpark New Braunfels
More attraction details
Owner description: Come explore over seventy acres of shared family fun, thrilling adventure, and relaxation! Schlitterbahn is nestled along the beautiful banks of the Comal River and features world-famous attractions, epic river adventures, kid’s water playgrounds, and beautiful spots to relax and share a picnic.
Reviewed August 8, 2011

If you plan on a vacation DO NOT STAY AT THIS RESORT the rooms have mold smell and the bathroom tub had mold the ceiling had lots of water stains lamp shades are torn beds have springs in your back and the price was one night $260 and the A/C went out and can not forget the wounderful TRAIN EVER 20 MINS if you stay there you will not be happy I promise you I have left lots of message for Gary Henry the owner to call me he will not return my call all the people that work in the desk are RUDE I sure did not feel like I was in TEXAS that is how Rude they R. ALL I CAN SAY IS DO NOT STAY HERE THEY ARE LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!

9  Thank tcbpip04
Write a ReviewReviews (1,899)
All reviews
in 36 reviews
"season pass"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I had read reviews about Schlitterbahn on Trip Advisor before headed out and was a bit worried, but after visiting a few days I can recommend going to all families who love water and good family fun. Highly recommend buying admission tickets on-line. Also, take a picnic and plenty of drinks to stay hydrated. Don't worry, there are great treats to buy there and you will, but you will not feel like you just ruined 6 months of watching your figure to spend a few days in a bikini. The newer sections of the part and super clean and the water is chlorinated. It can get somewhat crowed and if you hit is wrong the lines are long. The older or "Original" section is large and has a somewhat confusing layout. Just ask young teenagers nicely where to go or what to do and they will tell you (or look for someone who has a season pass wristband on). The people are very friendly. Do beware that in the Original section it so spread out and it is easy to get separated from your group. Make a meet-up plan for your group and you will be glad that you did. After 5pm the lines significantly go down. So find rides that don't have much wait time and save the others for later in the day. We had an amazing time with our 10 and 12 year old girls. There is a little something for everyone. The Original section has water from the river. It is not crystal clear....it is river water. If that is a problem for you, stay over in the new section.

3  Thank Adaofnm
Reviewed August 8, 2011

There's a reason this is voted "best water park in the world" on the travel channel. Whatever your into be it slow, medium, fast. high entertainment, cruising, or napping, there is a place (and maybe 2 or 3) for you somewhere in this huge 60 acre resort.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

My 18 year old son wanted to go here based on the Travel Channel ranking as the best waterpark in the country. We did all of our research and had a fair idea of what was in store. You must understand: the waterpark is split up into 3 separate and distinct parts, you cannot walk from one of the parks to the other 2 areas (you have to take a shuttle bus), the lines are likely to be long. I've always enjoyed setting up a "home base" from which you could wander around the park and come back to for a rest and to read etc. Not easily done at Schlitterbahn
I don't know the history of Schlitterbahn but it appears to me that the park is a 1970's era park that has expanded, is land locked and is struggling handling the crowds.
The parking is free, but haphazard. The lines are likley to be long, we went on a Tuesday and a Thursday and waited 1 hour and 40 minutes to ride the Master Blaster. The ride was great, but just too long of a wait.There is very little else to do in this part of the park, the wave river was fun but very crowded.
My son came up with a term for the lines, he started referring to the lines as "Schlitterlines", you gotta have a sense of humor while waiting!
The older part of the park offered the smallest wave pool I've ever seen, a very large kiddie area and multiple "chute" rides that were fun but all seemed repetitive.
It was nice to bring in your own cooler (no alcohol) and own food. FYI - management allows you to drink beer while waiting in line. I'm not so sure this is the greatest idea at a family oriented park.
The 4 new rides advertised as "Opening Summer of 2011" did not appear close to being open in late July. Employees seemed stressed and not all that friendly.
Overall a disappointing visit. Certainly not the best waterpark in the country, Schillterbahn has a few great rides but the overall experience was poor. I would certainly rank the two Disney waterparks and Noah's Ark as a much better parks

4  Thank tivmamtv