“Do You Like DMV Lines?”

Schlitterbahn Waterpark New Braunfels
More attraction details
Owner description: Come explore over seventy acres of shared family fun, thrilling adventure, and relaxation! Schlitterbahn is nestled along the beautiful banks of the Comal River and features world-famous attractions, epic river adventures, kid’s water playgrounds, and beautiful spots to relax and share a picnic.
Sacramento, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Do You Like DMV Lines?”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

If you do this place is for you. We went on a Wednesday and I thought the lines wouldn't be too bad in the middle of the week, but I was wrong. The average line was about 30 minutes. I will say that once you get on the ride it is fun, but the wait (especially in the heat) wears on you. I will say that my kids really had fun but for me I just couldn't handle the long lines. I went to the Mater Blaster at 630p (this is the time I was told to go there because the line would be shorter) and there still was an 1.5 hr wait. Luckily, my kids were too scared to go on the ride so I didn't have to stand around for that long. I was told that earlier in the day the line for the Master Blaster and the Viper were over 2 hours long.
The rides in the park are fun but the lines sure do test your patience. I will also add that the lifeguards could have been a little more customer friendly.
Parking is free!

1 Thank kjbllb

Terrell, Texas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“We had a great time!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This was our first visit to Schlitterbahn and it was wonderful. All of the staff were great and the rides even greater. Be prepared to stand in long lines for the new bigger rides located in the new parts of Schlitterbahn, but the original part of Schlitterbahn did not have a very lengthy wait time. We will definitely return!

2 Thank LaDonnaann
Pasadena, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We will be going back. It was so much fun! It was worth the money and it is great they let you bring your cooler ton save on buying meals. One thing I will do next time is only carry a few things so I don't have to tote it around the whole time. Also there are buses that take you to the other sections.

4 Thank LAP0709
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wayyyy tooooo crowded”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

It can't be said any straighter than the title....just too many people. We chose to go on a Monday, but it was absurd. We went on 3 rides, and were there for over 6 hours, stopped briefly for lunch. Master Blaster.....forget it. Estimate we got was about 2-1/2 hours. Went on Dragon's Revenge, Dark Knight and the Straw body slide thing ont he old side. All were OK, nothing overly spectacular, but fun. We spent time on the rivers, at Surfendorf and Bastenhoff, they were fun actually (at least kept us cool), but again, just absurdly crowded. I was actually amazed at how clean the water is there, considering all the people, and even the place, in general, is reasonably well kept. The east side places we liked better, just because the Comal River used a lot on the old side was cold....and the place was just ridiculously packed, and not the greatest of signs as to where to go, for the rides. The only thing they could to EVER get us to go back again would be to limit the number of people. Once they hit a certain #, that's it.....and I'm sure the $$ will never allow them to do that, so forget it. And the rides were nothing spectacular, they were just so-so. And Master Blaster would have to be better than orgasm if I am going to stand in line for 2 to 3 hours for a minute or two ride (sorry kids). In general, place is overrated, could be halfway decent, but just wayyyy tooooo crowded.

2 Thank nonnemat
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beware”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

BEWARE.....SCHLITTERBAHN Resort now charges EVERY guest a $25 a "Stay and Play" fee per night whether you go to the water park or not! Maybe it should be called "Stay and Pay" instead. If you decide to do something other than the waterpark during your stay at the resort, you still have to pay Schlitterbahn, too!

1 Thank toobz2be