“Unfortunate experience”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in New Boston
Nashville, Tennessee
“Unfortunate experience”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were delighted to find a pet-friendly smoking room - and because of a previous experience on this trip at a America's Best value Inn in Junction, TX - we thought, "Why not?" It started well, the check in desk staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was convenient and appeared moderately habitable. The housekeeping staff really let all of the other staff members down however. Apparently smoking rooms and pet-friendly rooms do not get the same attention as the other rooms here. Bathroom was filthy and as I was emptying my luggage, a used condom from a previous occupant got stuck to my slipper. An unfortunate incident that was preventable by simply adequate cleaning of a motel room. I won't return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Raleigh
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have been staying in hotels alot recently and this has got to be one of the best! Of course people will probibliy quick to judge the hotel hence the name and the reputation, but it was very clean and the rooms we got were king rooms that were very spacious. The housekeeping staff was very quick about doing things and wanting to help. The pool was a great feature as we hade been traveling all day and we weren tired. We also used the gues laundry-mat, which was nice since we had clothes to be washed. The breakfast was good and fulfilling for a property like there self. We were in room 119 and it was towards the back of the hotel but it was quiet and nice. I have no complaints about the property at all it was extremly nice. If I was back in the area I would definitly chose this hotel. The management must be very good and strive to make it a great hotel considering it use to be a best western!!! If you like propertys like this and are in the area stay here and see for yourself!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tanner B
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a great place to stay. We travel a lot for business and pleasure and this is our favorite motel. Love not having carpet. You can see how clean the floor is. Everything is always spotless. Room is comfortable, etc., nice TV. The breakfast is super and the room rates are well worth the price!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank greenpat99
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This review is strictly relative to other 2-star peers in the area. The staff was helpful and polite, AC worked without drama, Internet access excellent, continental breakfast included waffles and was fully stocked, public areas were clean and well tended. There aren't a lot of choices in New Boston, but this one is a solid one for the money. Would definitely stay there again. Only downside is that the location is in a dry county, you have to drive to Texarkana, Arkansas to get a meal with wine or drinks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Smarmite
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed here last week and this weekend, along with several other family members, due to a death in the family. As other reviews have stated, this place is not the newest, but the staff here do work very hard to make your stay pleasant. I asked for late check in, letting another family member take my room the first night, extra towels every day, and delaying housekeeping while we coordinated our family schedules. All requests were graciously accommodated. Every time I called the front desk or came down in person, there was someone there that was friendly and knew what they were doing. The beds were very plain but very comfortable.

Room Tip: No elevator, so ask for ground floor if you have lots of luggage.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Rich L
sunnysinha, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff and your stay. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Management
peyton, co
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The staff is very friendly.. the rooms are clean. The housekeepers are all very nice as well, along with the maintenace man. If there was a problem, all I had to do was call the nice Front Desk girls and they would have it taken care of ASAP. I also enjoyed the continental breakfast they served each morning that i stayed. When I come back into this area, I will definitely be stopping there and enjoying the nice company. All the other reviews I read about this place are just insane..don't let their reviews keep you from staying there- it was GREAT!!

Room Tip: Ask about their rooms that have the flat screen tv's and tile floor..can't beat it!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank lollilover
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I am in the military, I was told a week out that I was going to Texarkana, alot of confusion.I made my reservation for 15 days ...my orders fell through and in all the confusion I forgot to cancel reservations . Got a call day after from a nice girl.. told her that I forgot she said OK but my card was charged for the WHOLE 15 days, which I dont think is legal , I kept calling she was very helpful, kept trying to talk to owner but he or she was nowhere around , got credit for all but one night . I got stuck paying for 1 night , I told my command about it , they could not believe it , So the best way to fix that problem is to stay somewhere else . I was there for the government and that was the best that hotel could do. I am going to Texarkana in September now, But I am staying and another hotel along with all my shipmates. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Residence Inn Texarkana
Residence Inn Texarkana
#5 of 19 in Texarkana
Best Western Plus Texarkana Inn & Suites

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!