“No frills but very pleasant”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in New Boston
Atlanta, Georgia
“No frills but very pleasant”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed here last week and this weekend, along with several other family members, due to a death in the family. As other reviews have stated, this place is not the newest, but the staff here do work very hard to make your stay pleasant. I asked for late check in, letting another family member take my room the first night, extra towels every day, and delaying housekeeping while we coordinated our family schedules. All requests were graciously accommodated. Every time I called the front desk or came down in person, there was someone there that was friendly and knew what they were doing. The beds were very plain but very comfortable.

Room Tip: No elevator, so ask for ground floor if you have lots of luggage.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Rich L
sunnysinha, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff and your stay. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
peyton, co
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The staff is very friendly.. the rooms are clean. The housekeepers are all very nice as well, along with the maintenace man. If there was a problem, all I had to do was call the nice Front Desk girls and they would have it taken care of ASAP. I also enjoyed the continental breakfast they served each morning that i stayed. When I come back into this area, I will definitely be stopping there and enjoying the nice company. All the other reviews I read about this place are just insane..don't let their reviews keep you from staying there- it was GREAT!!

Room Tip: Ask about their rooms that have the flat screen tv's and tile floor..can't beat it!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank lollilover
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I am in the military, I was told a week out that I was going to Texarkana, alot of confusion.I made my reservation for 15 days ...my orders fell through and in all the confusion I forgot to cancel reservations . Got a call day after from a nice girl.. told her that I forgot she said OK but my card was charged for the WHOLE 15 days, which I dont think is legal , I kept calling she was very helpful, kept trying to talk to owner but he or she was nowhere around , got credit for all but one night . I got stuck paying for 1 night , I told my command about it , they could not believe it , So the best way to fix that problem is to stay somewhere else . I was there for the government and that was the best that hotel could do. I am going to Texarkana in September now, But I am staying and another hotel along with all my shipmates. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank forwhlrcr65

Travelers are raving about these New Boston hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed there friday 7/22/2011 and no problem. Improvements must have been made not dusty room very cleaned also continental breakfast. Receptionist on arrival was nice also upon check out she was nice as well. If in the area again will stay there as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank glo34
lehigh acres, florida
Reviewed August 25, 2010

This place is a total dump and forget about complaining to either the manager, any staff member or corporate headquarters including Guest Relations. I have written two letters with no response so apparently they do not care that their name in on this poor excuse for a motel. You would be better off sleeping in your car.
The room is filthy, the ice machines do not work, nothing in the room is as claimed including the coffee maker and the pool was drained. Management does not care.
Free breakfast was a big joke.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank billiedarline
Booneville, Arkansas
Reviewed July 5, 2010

THE HOTEL PUT UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES ON MY CARD YES FRAUD!!!!!! Then the owner said he could and he did and said corporate could not do anything. The rooms were dirty, the pool was green and the service was horrible.Thank you MR. SINAH, for the WORST experience of my life!!

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank OUTRAGED090
Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2010

This was the most horrible motel/hotel I've ever stayed at and I've traveled from coast to coast and Gulf to Canada. Arrived late in evening during a road trip. Checked around 10:30 p.m. with teen daughter.

Room was warm and humid, but we assumed the a/c would help. It didn't. Bathroom smelled dirty. Tub was torn up, with huge sections of surface pulled off. Mold all around edge of shower/tub. We asked for a double room, which meant we received as room with two beds, two towels (yes only two) and ONE washcloth. When we called to ask for more, we were told housekeeping had left and there was nothing that could be done.

Made it through the night. In the morning, my daughter (while using the bathroom) started screaming because when she flushed the toilet it began overflowing. When we called front desk clerk told us there was nothing should could do because maintenance wouldn't be in for another half hour. Fortunately the water soon stopped flowing, but bathroom was flooded.

We went to have breakfast at the free breakfast. The mini donuts were so hard they couldn't be broken in half; the waffle batter had started drying out on the top and the only things to drink were coffe and milk (which was warm to the touch).

We ended up just going to a fast food restaurant across the street.

Basically, the room was dirty, moldy and smelly and the staff was horribly rude, going so far as to ask my daughter (who was asking where the ice machine was) why she wanted to know.

Not only will I never stay in another one of these (anywhere), I will also be filing a complaint with corporate as soon as I return home.

Take my advice, if you are going east on 30 and looking for a place to stay, keep going to the next exit!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
#5 of 17 in Texarkana
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#12 of 19 in Texarkana

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!