“Comfortable stopover”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Boston
Ohio
“Comfortable stopover”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I booked a handicap accessible room. We found it to be large enough, clean, quiet and comfortable. We slept quite well on the comfortable king bed. The tile floor in the bathroom was sticky, but not because it was dirty. I've been in other hotels where the products used to clean the floors leave a residue and this is what I suspect to be the case for this room. My only complaint is that the wireless internet was very slow.

The breakfast was typical for Holiday Inn Expresses, with good selections of hot and cold foods that were kept well stocked.

The hotel staff was professional and friendly.

All in all a good stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
terrimay, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you so much for taking a few moments out of your day to give us your feedback. We appreciate you letting us know about your a/c so we can better watch for this issue. Please let us know if we can assist you in anyway if you should return to New Boston,

TMay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed here for business and there were 4 other people in the group. When checking in the Front Desk was very friendly. A new item that the hotel started in January 2014, you can have either the welcome treat or have the extra points. When I first entered my room, it smelled very fresh. The bathroom was very large about 6x8. Towels were very white and clean smelling. Breakfast was very hot and fresh. I did not have any problems however, one of the other traveling coworker did, her remote did not work and when the ice melted in the ice bucket there was unknown black items floating.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevators you will hear the noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
terrimay, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you so much for giving us great feedback. We thank you for choosing us for your hotel accommodations and look forward to seeing you again.

TMay
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business and there were 4 other people in the group. I was the only one stuck on the second floor next to the elevator. My TV remote malfunctioned and I could not adjust the sound or change the channel, I requested a repair when I left the second day and it was not done until I came back and called the front desk. I got ice from the ice machine and when the ice melted multiple black peices when in the liner bag. Overall not a very good stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank roxiekay
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience with our hotel. We will do our best to improve. Please let us know if we can assist you in anyway if you should return to New Boston and would love to show you a better experience. Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.

T May
Noel, Missouri
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We were headed down to south Texas on Christmas Day and decided to stop for the night and drive the other 5 hours in the morning. Stopped and checked in at 9 to get some early sleep and get up early to go on. About 11:30 the wall started shaking as the next door guests threw the door into the wall. Then opened and slammed it shut about 5 times, with people running in hall. in 30 minutes it happened again. So much for a restful sleep so we could start out by 7 am again. The next morning parking lot looked empty so I asked how many people were staying there last night, I was told 12 rooms. Out of 61 rooms they had put all in one area of the hotel to make it easier for the maid to clean.

Another item I will post a picture of, it was damage in the bath, Any painter, sheet rocker or a good handy man could have fixed, (I will post a pic) The hole and decay doesn't look good, I asked about it at desk and they said several of the rooms had water problems but they didn't have anyone to fix the holes!

I have to say we had stayed there 2 other times and they were ok, I would say even above average. This was not a good stay so we detoured over to Texarkana on the way back up and stayed at a Hampton there. Will post on that also, It was great!

Room Tip: Ask for room away form others if not full!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
terrimay, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide superior accommodations. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and extend our limits to meet high expectations. It is truly disappointing you were not satisfied with service you received. Nevertheless, we have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Terri May, General Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a quiet and extremely clean property, easyto find and the perfect overnight halfway stop on our way from Houston to the Ozarks. Breakfast was included and a good start to our day of driving. Staff was impeccably polite and helpful.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
terrimay, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
We are so glad that you chose to stay with us! We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment about and recommend our hotel!
Thanks again and we look forward to having you stay with us again when you find yourself back in our area!

Mgr.
TENNESSEE
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Holiday Inn was very clean and modern. the location was located next to the freeway but you couldn't hear the Interstate noise at all. The front desk clerk was very young and a little flighty, but the only real negative was the lack of restaurants in the area.
The beds were very comfortable and of course we had the signature hot breakfast the next morning which is always appreciated. the breakfast area Hostess was so very helpful to my Stepdad who is elderly and blind but still likes to do things on his own, he responded well to her caring kindness.
Ok, now to the very clean beautifully appointed bathroom... the counter heights are built for very tall people. the depth to the actual sink was laughable, I couldn't reach the sink! but neither could my Mom.
This is a good quiet alternative to the bustle of Texarkana and the prices were $20 less than the same brand of hotel in Texarkana. next time I will try the Mexican restaurant right next door to the motel. yes, I did say next time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
terrimay, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I would like to thank for choosing to stay with us during your visit to New Boston. We are always glad to receive guest reviews of our staff doing amazing jobs and also where our attention needs to be brought. We take all of our guest concerns very seriously and strive to ensure guest are comfortable and happy during their time at our hotel. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you back in the future!
Van Buren AR
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Having stayed here before, I expected, and got, a very good room at a fair price. The only negative was the pool. It was not as clean as it could have been, with bugs floating on the surface and dirt and leaves in the bottom. While not a pool expert, it appeared to me as if the filtration system was not operating. Everything else was outstanding, including the breakfast, condition of the room, staff, and other in-room amenities.

Room Tip: If you don't mind using and/or waiting for the elevator, the 3rd floor rooms on the I-30 side ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Best Western Plus Texarkana Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#13 of 19 in Texarkana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston? Share your experiences!