“Nice enough, but has slipped in quality”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Boston
Villa Rica, Georgia
“Nice enough, but has slipped in quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had visited this hotel approx. 3 years ago. During that stay everything was top notch. This trip there was a burnt smell in the room upon entering. I had made advanced reservations for several people in our party, but upon arriving, there was no bedding, or pillows provided for the fold out bed. The ceiling fan light did not work, and when a maintenance worker came to replace the bulb, the outer cover looked like it had not been cleaned in a long time. While having our breakfast one morning, a guest came up to us and asked if we had a problem with a mildew smell in our room, she said hers smelled awful.On the plus side, the beds were very comfortable, the staff very nice, the food pretty good. I think they have just let their housekeeping standards drop in the past years. Hopefully this won't be a continuing trend, as this is the only nice hotel in the city. I would hate to have to drive further to get a decent room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear waverunner53,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is a new hotel, very well-designed and constructed, visually appealing, with excellent rooms and staff. I stayed with a party of seven, which had come to attend a funeral in Avery, Texas. The staff somehow managed to get us all next to each other, and my wife and I chose one of the double-queen rooms with sitting area so that all of us could get together for conversation in one room. The room had a small refrigerator and (if I recall correctly) a microwave, air dryer, etc.--all the handy conveniences.

The breakfast was excellent and the person in charge cheerful and helpful.

We appreciated the help and courtesy of the manager. If you need a place to stay in the greater Texarkana area, I highly recommend the Holiday Express Hotel & Suites and consider it to be excellent value for the money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jde1776
Jackson, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

So we three were pretty weary after a long day at work and an eight hour first leg of our drive out west, and we came on this Holiday Inn Express. I had never stayed at one before, and I was kind of bummed because I prefer Hampton Inns. Oh well, too tired to care, really, and besides, it looked to be a fairly new hotel.

We were promptly registered, and so went to the room. It was very similar to a Hampton, only not quite as nice. Why, well, it had the microwave, fridge, TV of course, and an OK bathroom. I guess the thing I notice most is the fit and finish, and this one just did not have it. Big gaps of caulking around the shower surround and between the floor and bath tub are aesthetically unappealing. And those areas were already beginning to show slight molding. Yuk.

Woke up the next morning and headed down for some grindage. Yuk again. The breakfast was "complimentary", (aren't they all...), and showed it. Frozen cheese omelets thawed to a perfect temperature, and then lined up in a warmer. Same way with the sausage links. Sorry, I'll pass on all of that. So I just had some yogurt and cereal with fruit. Healthier anyway, I suppose.

And so, all in all, not too exciting, but I've been in much worse.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Hephzibah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

The staff went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. Breakfast could not have been better. The room was clean and well maintained.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

New hotel in good location right off I-30. Lot's of places to eat nearby. When we arrived the parking lot was empty so we didn't know what to expect. Didn't take long for it to fill up though. Hotel was very quiet and clean. Will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

Was a guest in this hotel recently with a friend. He was out on business and I was in the shower. Had a do not disturb sign on the door. When I came out of the shower a black man from maintenance was in my room.. I was very embarassed!! When complained to head of houskeeping was treated like my complaint was unimportant... The hotel rooms were fine... The employees on the other had were not very professional!!

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Purple6jr
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

I had an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn in New Boston, TX for a friend's funeral. He was a close college friend, and the funeral was in his hometown. There was no question that I was going to go to the funeral, but then my first thought was "where in the world am I going to stay in that town??" I got curious, and as always, Holiday Inn has yet to fail me. I used some of my priority rewards points for the stay, and got upgraded to a room with a kitchenette. The hotel is beautiful and quaint, you can tell it's newer. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable with fresh sheets, and the marble counter-tops in the bathroom were beautiful. The staff was SO nice, personable, and accommodating, which is to be expected from a small-town hotel. The breakfast was good too, and free parking and wi-fi is always a plus. They let me check in early so that I could shower and make it to the visitation on time. Thanks again New Boston HI!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
#2 of 19 in Texarkana
BEST WESTERN PLUS Texarkana Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Texarkana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston? Share your experiences!