Candlewood Suites Nederland
Airport Inn(Nederland)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree dinnernice hotelbedsinternettexas
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had recently stayed at this Canlewood Suites for business. I booked 2 n/s rooms for myself and coworker $110 each room. The first room I went into stunk to high heaven of tobacco and the fake leather chair was completely ripped to shreds like a pit bull play toy. I reached for the phone to call the front desk and the phone fell apart. I went down and got changed to a n/s room. This room smelled of mildew and the chair was torn up like the first. Whoever is the manager of this property needs to go back to school or inform the owners that this is no way to run a hotel if they want return business. Stay at a motel 6 , save $35/day and save yourself from a serious bad decision. DO NOT BOOK HERE!

Room Tip: If your planning on spending $100 for a room, save yourself a headache and book elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Nederland, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear DougieFresh67,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room condition. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The AC leaked on the floor (dripping all night) and there were wires coming out of the wall. I asked for two extra pillows, they told me that the door to house keeping was locked and they don't have a key. I had to go to the Wal-mart and buy two new pillows and pillow cases. The gym looks nice, but the elliptical and treadmill both don't work!! There are three washing machines and two dryers (only one works). After talking with management the next morning she offered an upgraded room, which was nice (she was very pleasant and friendly). I accepted the room, only because the hotel we are switching to doesn't have a room available until Monday. I took pictures and will be emailing there corp. when I get home.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Sweetpea590
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Nederland, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear Sweetpea590,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We are disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations. I apologize for any inconveniences you had and the unfortunate incident relating to our housekeeping services, air conditioning unit and gym facilities. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future as we continue to try to improve and update our services and products.

Zelyn N
IHG Care

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I expected more from Candlewood Suites! The picture on their website says Now Open, but it appears they've been open for several years. The carpet was dirty looking and sticky feeling, the bathroom needed an upgrade, and the large group of noisy construction workers was a bit of a turnoff. Also, we had tiny double beds....who offers double beds anymore?? Didn't realize until we checked in that they don't offer any kind of breakfast. As much as we paid, I expected breakfast! Wish we would have stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandy6-68
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Nederland, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Sandy6-68,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay with us. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Horrible management!!! Tried to upgrade my room because of constant noise an music all hours of the night an the manager lied about having a suite available. Online I could book the room but when I call she tells me there is no suites available. The pictures they put online look nice, that is until you get there and everything is different.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank DonBasney
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Nederland, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear DonBasney,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J

Reviewed March 10, 2012

My company has booked this hotel many times for many people.Some guys went home for the weekend, came back on Monday and found they had been "checked out" so they could rent the room for a night. Even though the company had reserved and paid for a couple of weeks. At least the night desk clerk was helpful to call around to other hotels for room. This happened Three Times to my co-workers during my last three week stay.

the Air Conditioner in my room leaked condensate all over the carpet. Unfortunately, one of my bags was there. And the room had a mouldy smell before this happened, so I am guessing it had happened before.. There are three washers & two dryers... go figure..!!

Try to avoid..

Room Tip: any room at the Holiday Inn should be better
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Nederland, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

IREngr,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J