“More than expected”

Dining options: Buffet
Houston, Texas
“More than expected”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Drove out to The Wrangler Steakhouse from Kingwood, Texas for an early Father's Day meal with a friend. We heard about the restaurant from a friend in Conroe, Texas. Believe me, the dining experience was A+. Our waiter, Aaron, was very pleasant and knowledgeable. My friend and I both ordered 12 oz ribeyes, medium well, and vegetable sides. Complementary rolls were heavenly. Steaks were seasoned well, no steak sauce needed. Overall dinner and dessert was moderately priced, good value. The apple cobbler was outrageous! Big enough to serve four people and just like Mom used to make! After dinner, we meandered into the rear bar for a beer and a game of pool. The barmaid, Megan, was very friendly and accomodating. If you are in the Navasota/College Station area, do yourself a favor, stop in at The Wranger Steakhouse. You will be glad you did.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank A10146

Navasota, Texas
“home away from home”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

we are regulars at the Wrangler usually for lunch buffet. The food is like Mom's home cooking, we really enjoy it every time

Visited May 2012
Navasota, Texas
“Great daily buffet and a la carte menu - Wrangler Steakhouse, Navasota”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Friday favorite - the best fried and grilled catfish ever!! There is always a great selection of vegetables, and a small selection of desserts. Excellent steaks cooked to order, well stocked bar and friendly service.

• Visited May 2012
Houston, Texas
“The Service was Good. The Food was ok.”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Based on previous reviews, I ordered the chicken friend steak. I was pretty disappointed with the taste. The meat was thin and didn't have much taste. The chip and queso were a different story. The chips were incredible and the queso was very good and creamy.

I must say, the service was very good. We were seated quickly and our order was placed promplty. When the server brought out my husband's chicken fried steak, she told us that she asked the cook to cook him another piece because the piece she brought him was small. It looks like they have a pretty good buffet. Most of the people that came in after us, ordered off the buffet, so it must be pretty good.

The peach cobbler was very, very good. It is huge, so be prepared to share.

• Visited April 2012
NJ
“Dated Decor but classic good-home classics”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

The interior of this restaurant was from the 70s, but it was comfortable nonetheless. I was interested in reading my book, the server was fine with letting me pace my meal as needed. I ordered an appetizer - fried pickles. Very tasty, but the ranch dressing provided as a dipping sauce could have been dressed up a bit, it was straight out of Hidden Valley bottle. I ordered the 8oz filet, mashed potatoes, and green beans. The filet was tender but fattier than I was used to - still it was cooked to a perfect bloody rare. The green beens were like my grandma used to make - sautéed with pork :). Yummy yeast rolls rounded out the meal. I had two glasses of wine and was left too full for the cobbler (it was tempting). All for 35$ - a deal. I doubt I will be back in the area, but if I am I will gladly return.

• Visited February 2012