“Not as good as it used to be”
Review of Filling Station Diner - CLOSED

Filling Station Diner
Cuisines: American
Description: http://www.navasotagrimeschamber.com/Community/Restaurants
Description: http://www.navasotagrimeschamber.com/Community/Restaurants
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Not as good as it used to be at least not for breakfast. Been there for dinner before and it was excellant.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food is GREAT and the service is EXCEPTIONAL. Only recommendation is to adjust hours of operation. Traveling as we do, by the time we arrive in Navasota this establishment is closed - I love their fish and pork chops but was unable to make lunch/dinner; however the breakfast made up for it. Look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Varied menu, super friendly and fast service. Very conveniently situated for shopping in historic Downtown Navasota.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We decided to walk on the wild side and stop in for a bite to eat at this homespun diner. Be warned - cash only, and there's nothing to tell you that until you try to check out.

Food offered is mostly burgers and sandwiches, with a few other selections available. The interior is rustic and a bit shabby. Drink service is pretty much self-serve (they give you a glass full of ice, you go to a drink station and help yourself). My wife had a BLT which had mounds of bacon, I had chicken strips, both were pretty tasty. Prices were reasonable. Service was average at best despite there being very few people in the restaurant at the time of our visit. Surprisingly, WiFi is available, get the password from your server.

With a little TLC, this could easily be a four-star place as the food is pretty good.

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were there yesterday afternoon for lunch. The service was good as was the food. It was a little pricey for what it was. I would go back.