“Typical of Marriot chains, decent hotel, good location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nassau Bay
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Typical of Marriot chains, decent hotel, good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We did have a hiccup at this location. It was reported to management through Marriot's website. It was taken care of and we will return to this Courtyard.

Hotel is clean, well maintained, and very close to the NASA Center. There are plenty of places to eat in a very short driving distance. We jogged in the immediate area and never felt threatened. Definitely not a bad choice for a night's stay.

The Lowdown:

The Good -
* Typically Marriot Chain, clean, well maintained
* Good location
* Given the price point, you pay a little more for Marriot but you know what you are getting

The Bad -
* Because of location, this hotel can fill up in an instant with large traveling groups
* No free coffee anymore, is this something Marriot canceled?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeramieOK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here two nights, I added a night using my reward points and the staff made sure we kept our same room and that in the re-checkin for the second night that our room would be refreshed. It was a great stay, great service, and we would stay here again. The hotel is two years old but is so well kept it looks brand new. I love all the different lounge areas inside and out so you don't feel like you are trapped to your room. We also smelled cigarette smoke in the hall on our first night, we called the staff and they were genuinely thankful for our report and took care of the situation promptly. The bed and pillows were also fantastic, exactly what I've come to expect from Marriott brand hotels

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Granbury, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

A great place to stay when visiting NASA Space Center. Updated, clean, and competitive rates ($118 - used AAA and got substantial disc on a dbl Q room). Located in a shopping area directly across from entrance into Space Center. Note: GPS's won't find the website address, even though it's correct (mgmt has been made aware). Even though location is in a busy area, we heard no noise inside the hotel. No free breakfast items but a small Bistro/lounge that was very nice - had a limited menu but good food and drinks. Comfy beds and great shower. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family came for vacation to Houston. They didn't clean our room at all, no towels either, when I went to Front Desk to complain the ladies working there looked at us like they were lost or didn't know what to say. but we already had a meeting with the housekeeping about that, so is not the first time something like this happens, oh!! no!!! happens all the time....really???? There were kids running everywhere at 1 am no one did anything about it when we called the front desk to complain. I just called cause my son and I left a few things in our room, they lady that answered the phone said she was going to check with lost and found and that she was going to call me back. She did called but to say that nothing was returned from that room from that weekend. I said I know what I left what does that mean that someone took our stuff? again her response Uhhhh! I don't know what to say. Managers of this hotel, this is a nice hotel and location is great but the service is awful......service from housekeeping and from the front desk as well. Never going to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Vanessa M
Kristin A, General Manager at Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Vanessa M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for your experience with us. We take pride in providing world class service and clearly we did not show case that during your visit. I have shared your feedback with the team to ensure this does not happen again. We truly appreciate your business and we hope you will come back again.

Kristi Amiri
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Great little hotel in a quiet location close to the Space Center and within easy reach of Kemah. Loved the deluxe king room! New, clean, quiet with a sitting area and huge desk which would be great for a business trip or in my case just lots of extra space to spread out my stuff. :) Clean crisp white linens. Sweet! Very nice outdoor patio area with water features. Nice central fountain in seating area and a big sidewalk fountain for running through to cool off on the hot days of summer. There's a pool too! This is not one of those hotels with a view but the interior design makes up for that. There is a separate corner cabinet for the coffee maker, fridge, & micro. Love this feature! Great little bar downstairs and good service too. This is a hidden gem!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Pasadena, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I needed to sleep all day but didn't need the room at night. The staff was over helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to accommodate me.
The room was beautiful and roomy, the coffee wonderful, and the bathroom comfortable.
I would return if I needed a hotel in this area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
      Rooms
Sidney, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We are Canadians and arrived in Nasa St. John Hospital by ambulance from a holiday on the Caribbean Princess where my husband had taken ill. We are from B. C. and were traveling with our Son and wife and small child. My husband was in very serious condition and my son needed to stay on with me while his family returned home. We had to find a place to stay within walking distance of the hospital - the first hotel we found was not suitable and after spending a very uncomfortable night we desperately approached the Courtyard by Marriott at 8 a.m. in the morning - we had not showered or had any sleep for several hours. The desk clerk immediately showed us a great room that met all our needs and without even asking the price we said YES. We explained our circumstances and stated we didn't know how long we would be staying and that we were very stressed. He took care of everything for us - our baggage arrived and he had it placed in the room - everyone went overboard to make our days easier. We were at the Marriott for 4 nights and every day they asked about my husband and even the lovely little restaurant made sure we had lovely fresh meals - On the day my husband was released we had to remain in Nasa and when we asked the staff they immediately had an adjoining room available for us - what a blessing - When my husband walked into the hotel for the very first time - they greeted him with a welcome home. At the end of the day we received a final bill that was well under what we had anticipated and nothing could have paid for the service and compassion we received. The rooms were new, well appointed, had all the amenities of a first class hotel - and the staff - unsurpassed- The Courtyard by Marriott Nasa was our oasis in what was a terrible experience. We are now home and my husband is now doing well. This was our first stay at a Marriott hotel - we will definitely choose Marriott again in our travels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake

Been to Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake? Share your experiences!