“Watch Out for Fourth Floor Rooms”

Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nassau Bay
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at this property during OTC week - with meetings at both NASA Johnson and downtown, the hotel met my location needs. I wasn't prepared for sleepless nights, however.

The hotel is obviously new, and the rooms and public areas were very clean. The pool area was small, but nice. The staff seemed disinterested in assisting customers. I waited quite some time for check-in (one employee socializing), but the largest problem I had was with noise. I asked for, and received, a top floor room. I didn't realize that my room would be located directly underneath the air conditioning unit on the roof. I returned to my room, from a work function downtown, at 11pm. I could not sleep due to a constant repeating vibrations/humming. I went into the hall and stairwell where it was louder. I tried earplugs and music to no avail - you can't drum out sound vibrations. Finally at 2 am I went down to the desk. The night audit clerk knew exactly what the problem was. Why, then, don't they either do something about this or not occupy these rooms? I was moved to a second floor room at 3 am after packing up all my belongings. At 5 am the person in the room above me decided to wrestle with elephants for over an hour. This happened again on night two. There is obviously little sound insulation between floors (or rooms)

To their credit, the hotel contacted me directly after I responded, truthfully, to a Marriott survey. Hopefully they do something about the air systems; however they can't do much about between floor noise insulation. Would I stay here again? Only if the area Hilton is booked.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Kristin A, General Manager at Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Skiscubamom,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is through our guest comments that we are able to make changes and improvements. We value your feedback and we are taking action to ensure that it does not happen again. Please feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.

Kristi Amiri

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was a last minute decision to stay nearer to Galveston for our cruise. Most hotels in Galveston were sold out or very expensive due to the Memorial Day weekend but we found this hotel at a reasonable rate. We booked through an online agency and everything went smoothly. The hotel was just as advertised. Clean, modern and comfortable. We did eat at the snack bar and the food was pretty good. They have a nice open lobby and there is a big screen TV there with lots of cozy couches and chairs to use. We chose to put on the NBA playoffs and there were no objections. It was nice, kind of like sitting in your big living room. The rooms themselves were comfortable and most importantly CLEAN! I thought the room/bed layout was a little other than the traditional configuration but different can be ok! Convenient location, right across the street from NASA so if that's your destination you can't stay any closer. We visited the Kemah Boardwalk instead and had dinner, it was pretty close. Would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again! Thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is a new hotel and everything ran like clockwork. Great welcoming staff, nice large room and overall excellent place. My only suggestion is to have a complimentary coffee station in the am as well as water during a hot afternoon like many other Marriott properties.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel is new, surrounded by great restaurants. It's about 20 minutes from the airport and across the street from NASA. Because of the cute restaurants and shops it almost feels like you are in a neighborhood. Staff was very friendly. The only downside was they didn't have enough help in the restaurant so we had to get muffins to go for breakfast. Complimentary breakfast is not included.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed here for a week for a Space Education Program and it is definitely one of the best. It's very cosy and has a very homely atmosphere. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are incredibly friendly and they have a little market in the corner where you can buy snacks and body care items. The food from the cafe is also delicious. I would definitely come here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Very friendly staff, clean room and common areas, great pool, great location - what else is there to say? No continental breakfast, but the cafe ( a Starbucks) has whatever you might need. If you are staying for longer (we were there for almost a week) there is a small fridge in the room if you want to get supplies to bring in with you.
We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I tried priceline's option of putting in a price and hit the jackpot. the motel is 1 year old, all modern. it is directly across from the johnson space center which we were visiting the next day. they serve breakfast for a small fee and there are restaurants within walking distance od motel. staff is very friendly and helpful though taxis are hard tocome by.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster
Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area

Been to Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake? Share your experiences!