“nightmare on fathers day weekend”

Victorian Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Nacogdoches
arlington,texas
Reviewed June 18, 2006

ii was disgusted during my stay, there was no ice availabe , the room hand a bad smell my wife had me to go get air freshner to spray in the room. the pillow was stained and nasty,i took it to the office toexchange it and the one they gave me was more stained than the one I already had so I kept the one I had. The face towels looke like the were as with dark clothes and one of the large toewls had a dirty spot on it like it ad not been washed.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed September 1, 2005

ok here I go with the problems.. The beds were totally uncomfortable, the room smelled like urine, there was a beer bottle cap on the floor and in the drawer, the room was non-smoking but still smelled like smoke, the bed spread had a cigarette burn through it, there was dead roaches in the room, the phone had grime on it (you could scrape it off with your fingers), they said the room was remodeled what from the 60's??!?, the lamps didnt work!, the only good thing was that they had internet, the pool was the only good thing but it wasnt clean, the bathroom had no door, the phone didnt work, the door had a hole in it..

I did not at all like this hotel.. It shouldnt even be there..

Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded May 23, 2006

To Sincere guest,
I would like to Apologize for any inconvience. I'm a new manager at this property, and we have gone through a major renovation. When hurricane katrina, and rita hit this area, the guest's during those stays trashed our rooms, and did servere damage to our rooms, and so for that reason Aug thru Oct our rooms may not have been up to par. please except my apology. We are not this type of establishment.

Reviewed August 27, 2005

This is the dirtiest, nastiest hotel we have ever been too! We checked out right after we checked in! The floors were stained, the comforters were stained, the chairs in the room were stained, the walls were stained! My 16 year old son said, "If we stay here, I will sleep standing up!" I can't believe anyone would enjoy staying here - it is awful!!!

• Stayed: August 2005
58  Thank Meghan M
Gladewater, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2005

I have just returned from a weekend at the Victorian Inn and Suites in Nacogdoches, TX. This motel was horrifying - not only was it filthy but I did not feel safe at all. Although I had requested a non-smoking room, I was given a smoking room. The phone in this room didn't work. I informed the man working at the front desk. Instead of him getting us, my 3 children and I, a different phone he had us repack our bags and move to a different room. The rooms were dirty. I picked up trash off the floor that had been left by the last traveler. The jacuzzi tub that did not work had a brown ring and a melted bar of soap left in the soap dish. The microwave, with its buttons missing, hadn't been wiped out in some time because it had several different kinds of food splattered all over it. The beds were hard as a rock. You could feel the springs through the mattress. They were even uncomfortable to the kids. The continental breakfast was minimal, 2 kinds of cereal and donuts. The coke machine didn't work but took our money which the front desk was "not responsible for." The ice machine was padlocked with a note from the manager that you could pay $10 to fill up your cooler. There was no free ice for you to use in the room. By far, this is the worst hotel that we have ever stayed in. We would have moved but the rooms had been reserved by my daughter's softball team and she didn't want to leave her team. We were very dissappointed in our stay at the Victorian Inn and Suites.

45  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, TX
Reviewed February 1, 2005

This is one of the best Hotel we have ever stayed in. It is a nice quite cozy hotel, with everything you need. the whirlpool bathtubs in the rooms are great after you have been on the road all day. The staff is very friendly and I strongly recommend this place to anyone thinking about visiting Nacogdoches.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member