“Basic & Clean”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Dallas, Texas
“Basic & Clean”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We have stayed in several Nacogdoches hotels over the years, the Victoria Inn was bypassed mostly because of negative reviews but the location was convenient so we decided to stay for one night. The motel is an older property, well mantained and convenient located near restaurants, shopping and the Stephan F. Austin University. The room we had was large with a seating area and all the usual items like refrigerator, iron board, coffee maker, tv etc. The decor was ok but not that important to us. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean although the carpet could use a shampoo but was not filthy. The bathroom could use some updating but was clean and the water very hot. The only complaint we had was the breakfast, mediocre at best but there are several restaurants nearby if you like a better breakfast. This is a very good motel to stay for a night or two, we have stayed at nicer motels in Nacogdoches but none at this price, we saved 50% compared with the last motel and at the Victoria Inn the bed was much more comfortable!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flyingdutchmanblue
Victorian_Nac, General Manager at Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

if I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (936)560-6038

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our Inn.

Kiran Patel GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Originally planned to stay 2 days beginning September 23rd. Arrived very late to be greeted by suite 102. Seemed like a bad idea from the beginning (dark, dirty, musty, etc...) convinced everyone to sleep in a spot without touching anything to get through the night after i was told that there was nothing more available. (should have opted for a night in the car) when morning came, the plan was to leave as soon as possible. Things worsened. I noticed the bathtub had a hole in the ceiling above and worse yet, when the occupant above showered, water leaked from this hole into my tub. Could things get worse before we left? Yes. Staff. I brought these conditions to the attention of the staff and after being challenged as though i was making this all up, i had to spend additional time communicating with unbelievably rude staff just to receive credit for the second night which I was already charged for... Outside with a blanket would be a better option.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Dwight A
Victorian_Nac, Manager at Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to complete review on your recent stay at our hotel.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience

Travelers are raving about these Nacogdoches hotels

Euless, Texas
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Staff was more than friendly and will accomodate all needs and wants for their customers. Rooms are very well kept...neat & clean! I was there for 3 nights and it was in a great location and safe environment, I loved it and would def. recommend it to others along with staying there again anytime I was back in that neck of the woods!

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Mariposa, California
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I had to be in Nacogdoches for two nights, purely for academic purposes. This was very definitely not a vacation. In searching through Nacogdoches hotel reviews, it seemed everything had scary reviews, unless people paid over $100 a night.This one's more recent reviews seemed to complain most about the decor, which I could get over. I needed a more economical place to stay, that was in a safe area, that had free wifi. And that's what I found at Victorian Inn and Suites.

The location is convenient. It's 5 minutes from Stephen F. Austin State University, which was one of the reasons I picked it. There are all sorts of random fast food restaurants nearby, along with a Walmart, and a Walgreens. Wifi was solid, and I used it a lot. I had to disconnect and reconnect twice during my stay to get it to work, but that was it.

I arrived later in the evening, and didn't have any problems with safety. I've lived in major metropolises as well as small towns, and this place was fine.

The customer service was friendly both on the phone and in person. The bathroom area/sink was sufficiently clean, as was the bed. The carpet had a few stains if you stared really hard at it (it's a dark dark green), but the place was obviously vacuumed on a regular basis.

My rate was well under $100 a night (well under) and I felt for that price that it was fair. If you are a person looking to spend lots of lounging time in the hotel, this is probably not the place. It has a standard tv (not a flat screen), and the room is a tad dark (thought it has a zillion tiny little lamps). The decor is older feeling (like a cross between western and victorian? Or something? I dunno I'm not a decor expert which is probably why I don't care much). Like many hotels, the walls are thin. I could hear the neighbor's tv at night, along with muffled conversations. But having roadtripped across the country numerous times, this is not unusual or out of the ordinary. Just be aware when you make your reservation. I was upstairs, so can't vouch for what the noise might be like on the bottom floor. There is traffic noise because it is right on hyw 59 business (but that's what makes it so convenient).

If you need a place to stay for a couple of nights for work or school purposes, and don't have a big budget, this is a fine place. If I had to go back to the university for more short visits, I'd return.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Houston
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We stayed over here over a weekened and liked the simplicity and the architecture of the motel. The staff is friendly and up to the standards of the service industry. Nacogdoches is the oldest town of texas and the crowd is awesome. Its a scenic place who like photography and love to be in the countryside.

This motel is within a mile of walmart and shopping malls. The location makes it to be the pick of my choice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed February 1, 2010

very comfortable and spacious rooms
quiet and pleasant area away from noisy traffic
close to good restaurants
short drive to historic downtown

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Victorian_Nac, Manager at Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2010
I thank you dearly for the positive and encouraging words. We take great pride in ensuring all of our guests are 100% satisfied before, during and after their stay. I will make sure to inform my staff of your experience at our property. Also, remember anytime you’re in Nacogdoches, think of the Victorian Inn & Suites. Thanks for your stay...
Montreal
Reviewed January 13, 2010

our stay at the Victorian Inn and Suites in Nacogdoches was very pleasent . The management and staff were very friendly and accomodating and helpfull as this was my first trip to nacogdoches texas , i was very impressed with the people and their friendly attitude towards us visiting their town . it was a long enjoyable drive from Montreal to Texas and we will do it again and as for a place to stay we have no need to look any further . The Victorian Inn and Suites was well located on the main route in the town.
Thank You to the management and staff Happy New Year