“Great value, room comfy, unfriendly staff”

Comfort Suites Nacogdoches
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in June with kids for a vaca. The hotel is located on a busy street with a number of other hotels and food chains (South street is essentially Hwy 59 business route). It is adjacent to Sonic, and easy to find. The room itself was nice, roomy and clean. You can hear some road noise at night, but I can't imagine how all of the other hotels in this road wouldn't as well. We travel with a sound machine to muffle noise for this reason, so we slept fine. Breakfast was good and free: bisquits, egg, toast, pastries, packaged oatmeal or grits, Texas waffles, cereal, uice, coffee, milk, yogurt, fruit.

The staff was okay. No one really went out of their way to greet or say anything other than business needs only when they were aaked. During checkin, the young lady at front desk had mild sarcastic comments about staff on previous shift only making 1 key card per room, so she needed to make an additional one (took all of 15 seconds!) I witnessed her do the "blame game" with another customer about his room location/floor. Customer service training could be beefed up. Leave the personal issues to yourself, and handle every patron with a warm friendly attitude. It will go a long way.

Overall, this was a good stay and great value.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TravelingforFunTexas
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay. It is very important to our management team that our staff is always professional and courteous. We will continue to strive for excellent guest satisfaction. We will address this incident with the staff member, and express the importance of customer service with all of our staff members. Again, thank you for your feedback. If have any additonal concerns, please don't hesitate to contact a member of management at 936-560-9900.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Nacogdoches

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Front desk staff are very helpful.

When i walked into my room the temp was 85 degrees! They don't have the AC on at any level. It was a long time until the room cooled down to a tolerable level. I got in the shower and turned on the cold water to get cooled off.

The pillows are really small and too smushy.

The doors slam loudly due to the closing devices.

To end on a positive note the rooms are fairly nice.

• Stayed: May 2013
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts on our property. We truly appreciate it! We strive for Excellent Customer Satisfaction, and if your stay was not satisfying to you, please accept our apology. We never want to hear an unsatisifed guests story. We want everything you encounter at Comfort to be outstanding! We want you to know we realize that the summer months are here and we have become proactive and began turning on all air conditioning units in each guest room prior to each guest arrivals. We also have ordered larger new pillows for our property. Our doors are heavier than normal hotel doors due to us having fire rated doors. We apologize if the doors slammed while you were here, but our property chose these doors for the protection of our guests. If we were to have a fire, these doors wouldn't burn as fast as a normal standard doors alloting each guest more time to vacate the room in case of an emergency. We pray this never happens, if it did we will feel we've done everything we could possibly do to ensure your safety. I hope this response finds you well, and we look forward to serving you again.

COMFORT SUITES-NACOGDOCHES

Reviewed May 25, 2013

No problems. Price was decent. Rooms were clean. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Breakfast wasn't anything to write about but it sufficed. About the only negative was the tile in the pool was dirty. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us your feedback on your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed being our guest. We apologize, for our pool area not being up to standards at the time of your visit. We have ensured that someone in maintenance is on property everyday to maintain our pool area. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit, please stop by our front desk during your stay, I'd love to meet you!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Awesome stay! I checked in at noon and they had a room ready for me. 3rd floor far from the elevator which led to a very quiet room. The room was clean and comfortable. Beds were extremely comfortable and the room was huge. Free Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank michellevw
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback!

We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

(936) 560-9900

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Althought the hotel does not offer any 'bereavement deals' they did extend our AARP discount to all family members who had to travel from out of town for my mothers funeral. The hotel was clean. The staff was freindly and compassionate. The breakfast was excellent with a variety of items to choose from. I would stay here again whenever I visit Nacogdoches.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nomi B
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel because we had tickets to the Messiah at SFA. We dropped our stuff in the room and had to run an errand before showering for the concert. The door would not lock! We had to call the front desk up to move our room. The woman desk clerk told me the room locks and it still didn't lock when she started to go down the hall. I called her back and I was getting agitated. She told me I was making way too much out of this situation. Trust me, we had tickets and I wasn't going to miss the Messiah. She didn't comprehend the urgency of the situation as we were limited on time. I wasn't making too much out of it. We moved into a second room, and the door on that room didn't lock either. I sent my husband downstairs to round up a desk clerk and the guy came up with him. By the time they got up there, I tried sticking my key in the slot and removing it and that reset the lock. It wasted all of our time, though, and we didn't get to shower because we had to be at the auditorium early to get a good parking spot because of my recently broken foot. I was a bit angry about this and it was even worse when the auditorium was stifling hot and I was sweating bullets in my good suit. I would have felt much better had I been able to shower before going. I'm not happy, COMFORT SUITES. You won't be getting our business again, even though the room was OK and the breakfast was good for a change. Sorry! Also, you need to tell your front desk clerk not to make comments like that at people when they are panicking about being late. I was really angry with her. She's very lucky I held my temper. I don't need to be told how to handle by situation by some young twit.

Room Tip: Get a room that locks, that way you won't have to worry about your belongings.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nooxfordforme
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

At Comfort Suites we strive for excellence in guest satisfaction. All hotels have mishaps from time to time, and I sincerely apologize for any that may have occured during your stay. It is rare that things occur of this nature, and we have addressed the situation to improve going forward. Again, we appreciate your feedback, and giving us your thoughts on how we can improve. If there is anything else I can do to assist your further, please feel free to contact me directly. Our telephone number is 936-560-9900.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Wow, where do I begin? I always read reviews on tripadvisor prior to booking my hotel reservations at any hotel. I have came to believe that some people must just sit around and make up things because, this hotel was absolutely fantastic! I stayed at another property that had the best reviews and was ranked number one but had horrible service, rooms, and food when I visisted on several occassions.. So I really believe you should call the hotel and get a feel on the clerks attitude. If they are superb, 9 times out of 10 their service, rooms, and foods will be too, but thats just based on the experiences Ive had. STAY HERE!!! They have a full hot breakfast, and happy hour on a few night a week. I will definitely make this my new choice of stay EVERY time I visit Nacogdoches going forward. One of the manager's really really took her time to get to know us and made us feel like we were her priority. Great service!

Room Tip: 210 was a great room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.