“An Unexpected Great Stay”

Americas Best Value Inn - Nacogdoches
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Indianapolis, Indiana
“An Unexpected Great Stay”
Reviewed February 2, 2010

This hotel was just on the North side of Nacogdoches, on BUS US 59. Just a short drive South you could find just about anything you could want to eat. The room I had was very good. A few minor cosmetic flaws, but they had a regular maintenance man who stayed busy while I was there on another room. I stayed on a Tuesday, not a busy day, but I got the best sleep I had in a few nights. It was very quiet. Free WiFi worked well, I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Louisiana
Reviewed September 3, 2008

I made reservations at the inn to escape Hurricane Gustov. When we arrived at the inn on Monday morning, we were very leery by the outside look of the inn. On the building itself, it has a sign which reads "motel." it is very old looking and run down. It looked like a very unsafe place to stay. When we walked into the very small front office (there is no lobby), there was no one there to greet us. After a few minutes, a man of foreign decent walked out of a small office. He was wearing pajama pants, a thin, dingy white t-shirt and slippers. He knew approximately 10 words of the english language. He said yesterday, August 31st, he received the reservations roster by fax from the home office, but all the rooms were already full. He said he should have a room available at noon and asked if we could come back at that time.

As we left the office and began discussing the situation, we felt very uneasy about staying there. We knew prior to leaving home, all other hotels in the Nacogdoches area were completely booked. We drove down the street to a Days Inn in attempts of finding a room. Luckily, someone checked out a day early, and we were able to obtain a room. The look of the inn and the greeting we received from the employees was much more impressive than of Americas Best. When it comes to finding a good, comfortable, safe place to stay with your children, first impression is very important.

I knew I would be charged for one nights stay in Americas Best Value, because I exceeded the cancellation time for September 1st. I didn't care. I called the 800 number and cancelled my reservations for September 2nd. During my conversation with your employee, I told her about my experience. She did not offer an apology.

I am sure most of their inns throughout the country are pretty descent, but this one is not. It is a bad reflection and I would be very hesitant to ever book at stay at any of their other establishments.

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank HelloDollyLouisiana

Travelers are raving about these Nacogdoches hotels