“Roach Motel”

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Roach Motel”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The owner of this Hotel over charges on tax just to start, he does it all by hand, no computer.

Roaches and Bugs, there is such a gap under and along the opening of the door that bugs can freely enter, and do, roaches crawling the wall and baby roaches always in the tub.

The housekeeper threw a brown paper bag with my food in it, which also contained 3 DVD'S, Upon telling the owner of this, he says sorry, but that did not replace what was chunked out.

It is a dead hotel, bad reputation, few people stay there, as I quickly learned. The room was clean and had a cold fridge, but the bugs gotta go!!! And get a housekeeper that looks further into things before throwing out food etc....

Room Tip: my suggestion...don't, they are the cheapest hotel for a reason....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Wendy S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Do NOT believe ANYthing you see or read about this hotel! All pictures are fradulent! This hotel was the ABSOLUTE WORST hotel I have EVER been in! Sticky, nasty stains on the carpets! Brown, smoke-tinged walls (in a supposedly non-smoking room), FILTHY room; supposedly NEW & recently RENOVATED! NOT!!! - my husband & I walked in the door, after MULTIPLE attempts to get electronic key to work - and IMMEDIATELY turned around and walked back out! Went to manager and told him room was unacceptable & they charged my account ANYWAY!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at Super 8!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank J16Hefner

Travelers are raving about these Nacogdoches hotels

Denton, Texas
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Extremely rude manager and employees. Tried to check in at 11 pm, night person was extremely irritated that he had been awakened. Parking lot had maybe 5 cars in lot, when I ask for a room, he rudely just said NO !.and walked away.

Room Tip: Go to the next available hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Jimmy C
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I travel to Nacogdoches weekly for school and I am always looking for a great deal. The motel offered a 46.00 nightly rate, one I couldnt pass up. The exterior does look dated but that doesnt really bother me. What did frustrate me was the front desk worker who was very rude and disrespectful. He should definately not be in the hospitality busines because he showed none whatsoever! The rooms were updated but the mattress was quite uncomfortable. Also, when I took a shower, there was a clump of hair on the shower wall-ugh! Needless to say, will not be going back again no matter how cheap the room is!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have traveled to many cities and have stayed at countless amount of hotels and I have never been treated as poorly as I was at this hotel on Sunday October 14th. The manager was very rude. I asked if we can check out an hour later and he screamed NO! I then offered to pay money to stay an hour later explaining to him that my boyfriend took ill and he screamed "you people kept me up all night ringing this door bell". Perhaps some other African American guests did ring his bell all night but not me or my guests. So 5 minutes before check out time, he started to come around to our room to ensure we were checking out on time. He was very very rude and I will never ever stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DionnaH
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was originally supposed to be staying for 2 nights but only stayed here for one night. The room was small and dirty, they had one bedside table, the TV was crappy, and over all the room looked as if it was built overnight. The hotel had no lobby, no breakfast, no coffee, or drinks station, no ice machine,no customer service whatsoever. I tried to cancel but he refused and indignantly stated that I was not the boss of him.He was going to make me pay for one night regardless if I stayed or not. The clerk was rude, spoke very poor english and acted as if i was disturbing him when I arrived late (even though I called ahead). The entire hotel reeked of rotten curry and the clerk was a ridiculous idiot. I would NEVER ever EVER stay at this hotel ever again or another ABV because of this one visit. Do not ever stay here, ever.

Room Tip: all the rooms suck, esp room 3
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Charlie S
Vidor, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I didn't even get checked in.
We booked a room, their Jacuzzi Suite through Hotwire previously. On arrival (at 11:00pm) I woke the night clerk and asked for our room. The clerk behaved like he was doing me a favor just by talking to me. I was told the room was already rented out and he acted like he wanted me to beg for a different room.
I left before a serious scene could develop.

Stay anywhere else but this place. It isn't worth the aggravation.

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mark_Opelousas
Vinubhai P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Nacogdoches, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Management