“Not worth the money!”

Continental Inn & Suites Nacogdoches
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Nacogdoches
“Not worth the money!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My family and I stayed there because my sister made the reservations. Carpet were extremely dirty. Made all our feet really dirty like we were walking outside with no shoes on. Saw cockroaches in our bathroom and the room itself had a sour smell to it everytime we walked in. Bed was not comfortable and the pillows were flat as heck. I have like bug bites on my legs and I think it came from this room. I cannot get over how dirty the carpet in all 3 rooms were. Black dirty feet is what you get if you don't have sandals. I will never stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My mother and I drove in from Houston to surprise my cousin for her graduation. We choose this hotel because other family members were staying here and we just needed a place to lay our heads and change for the graduation.

We checked in late at night and the man at the front desk was extremely rude and talked down to us. The room looked as though it was once 2 rooms and they just put a hole in the wall and made it a suite. We had to pay extra than we originally thought because they were out of non smoking regular rooms so we had to get the suite. The room had a more than obvious smoke smell.

I constantly felt as though something was crawling on me. This was the nastiest room I've ever stayed in. From the blood stained comforter to the horrible condition of the bathroom. I considered checking out and going to the Days Inn next door but my mom was too tired to deal with that. The renovations that were talked about consists of a painting over old mildew and putting holes in the walls. under no circumstances should you stay at this hotel. If necessary Lufkin is not far away and they have more hotels if they after no more near campus.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank deltBou

Travelers are raving about these Nacogdoches hotels

Jacksonville, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have been staying on my call days which can be three to four times a month at the Continental Inn and Suites of Nacogdoches since 2009. And wanted to say if you every make a trip to the Oldest Town in Texas that this place to stay.

The rooms are clean and if you run into any problems the manager, Jay Petal and his staff will do their very best to get any problem solved. And last but not least is that the rates are great.

For me this is the place to stay so come on down and stay a while at the Continental Inn and Suites of Nacogdoches, Texas.

Phillip Vargas

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ashabapu, General Manager at Continental Inn & Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
We really appreciate you been loyal guest for so long its been a great pleasure haveing you as a regular costomer. You are always welcome back in the future and we will do our best possible to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 14, 2012

First of all, I made reservations in January 2012 for SFA graduation weekend (May, 2012). I ended up here because it was all that was available in my price range. I was reserving 3 rooms (1 room with two queen beds for one night, 1 king for one night and 1 king for two nights). I was quoted $64.95 for each of the king rooms and $69.95 for the room with 2 queens.

On March 31, 2012 (definitely after there was ANY chance of finding other available hotel rooms) the Manager "Nita" called to verify my reservations and said the prices I was quoted were incorrect, and were quoted by an employee that is no longer there. The new prices were $69.95 for the king room (for 1 night), $64.95 for the king room (for 2 nights) and $79.04 for the room with two queen beds. I asked why the change, when I was quoted lower prices. She said that I was quoted regular rates - not rates for graduation weekend. I complained that it is now too late to get another hotel and she just said, "this is our rate - if you don't want the rooms, you can cancel the reservation." After complaining for awhile, she finally lowered the king room (for one night) to the same rate as the king room for two nights, but that's all she would do. Having no other option, I kept my reservation.

Upon check-in, the front desk person was very courteous. But, upon getting to our room, I was very disappointed. The room had the smell of urine - stronger in the bathroom, but also in the room. The carpet was so dirty that after my shower, my feet were so dirty before I went to bed that I had to go and re-wash them (yes, I forgot to bring any flip flops to wear in the room). The shower was broken and came on as soon as you turned on the water, plus the warm/cold was broken and the knob would just turn completely around and around. The bathroom door did not close properly AND the knob was attached so that the door locked from the outside!!

We tolerated it just because this was our only option, but I would never stay here again unless this was the ONLY hotel available.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ashabapu, General Manager at Continental Inn & Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for contacting continental inn & suites.I would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time in advising us of your dissatisfaction.we pride in the providing good service and quality accommodations.we will make sure to correct any necessary changes.I hope you will give us another opportunity to correct the problem with your stay.
TN
Reviewed October 19, 2010

i have staid at continental inn & suites about 2 years ago. i had experience decent stay. it was great according to the price of the room. Recently i have just staid here past month and it was totally different .. room was nice, roomy, clean and well decor. we loved the bed, it was round & comfortable. hot-tub was clean and in good working condition. didn't had to go anywhere for the dinner. restaurant was right there in the hotel parking lot. employee were friendly.. great customer service... over all we enjoyed our stay... we will recommend this place to our friends and family. we will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank ump83
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I advise you to stay anywhere else but here, it was horrible and several towels had pubic hair & Manager would do nothing when I told him; not even a sorry... Sheets had holes & room had a bad odor; remodeled is a lie!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Benbrook, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2009

I am a student that had to go to SFA for an interview, i stayed at the continental inn and suites for a night. I liked the location of the property as it is centrally located to the university and all the food places. The front desk were great, they recommended several places where i could go to kill some time.

The rate is good comparing to other motel in the area, with a restaurant in the same parking lot. The rooms are nice, very cozy, clean, safe. They had the free internet, and a free breakfast.

It is a great value for the money, if i have to go back that is where i will be staying. I would recommend u to check it out.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business