“Great place for dinner.”
Review of The Barn Bar and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Barn Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We visit the Barn often. I've never had a bad meal. Currently it's only open Friday and Saturday night. Service is excellent and atmosphere is fun. Visit on a live music night and see a concert next door. Definitely worth a visit when you are in Nacogdoches.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went to The Barn last Saturday night for dinner and was so pleased that my sister-in-law had suggested it. I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised with the food and the atmosphere. We both had a martini which the bartender mixed well.

I ordered the Grilled Salmon Salad with Blue Cheese dressing and it was delicious. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the dressing is made in house and it was great. Ray Wiley Hubbard was scheduled to play on the patio but we were unable to stay around for the show. Hopefully on the next trip to Nac we can arrange to stay for the entertainment.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Had the pleasure of dining at The Barn when passing through Nacogdoches. I had the Juicy Jack burger, which I would highly recommend. Another in our party had the beef tips, which the waitress had highly recommend. My companion agreed that they were an excellent choice for lunch.

We really enjoyed our waitress. She is a student at Stephen F. Austin who is PASSIONATE about music. She raved about recent and upcoming acts at The Barn’s patio stage. She listed off the bands, where they were from and who they sounded like. It was fun listening to her talk about something she was so interested in.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

There aren't many places to eat in this town and the places that exist aren't very good. This is better than most. Some of the food I've had here is very good and some is not. I had a steak that was tough and very greasy. I had some fish that wasn't too bad. The service is typical of a college town. The waiters don't care much for their jobs and would rather be somewhere else. Overall, it's one of the better places to eat, but that's not saying much. It's more like a bar with food. The atmosphere isn't much more than what would be expected in a barn.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here on a Saturday. He had steak and I had the lobster po'boy. They were both very good and came out fast. They have a HUGE selection of beers and a neat bar. The menu also has a great selection of food they don't have anywhere else in town that I know of. I would go back.