“Improvement needed!!!”

Posados Cafe
Ranked #22 of 105 Restaurants in Nacogdoches
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice building and staff. My wife had chicken fajitas and I got a chicken fajita salad. Food made my wife sick and I was unable to eat the food because it was pretty bad. I hope they can bring there standard and quality of food up. Hostess needs to seat folks according to there taste. Meaning we look like church folks and they sit us close to the bar. We had to ask to be moved away from the bar area.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The fajitas are excellent. The cup of warm fajita butter delicious. Fish tacos pretty good; they are on corn tortillas, so they fall apart but can be finished with a fork. They taste good. I got cheese enchiladas once & that was good, too. We tried it many times when it first opened, usually for early dinner just after work. They'd want to seat us in the bar, or under the loud music speakers, or just across from the prep/tortilla area, while we wanted a quiet nook where we could maybe hear each other talk, to catch up on each others' day. Was that too much to ask? Apparently. The last straw was when Sparkle arrived before me, as I had an afterwork meeting. He was taken to the bar; he asked for a quieter place. Taken to the table under the blaring speaker, he asked politely he thought, for a different table. Shown to the booth across from the kitchen prep area, he mistakenly thought there might be a quieter area (at 4:45 p.m.!) and said so. That was a mistake. The hostess asked him in a loud sarcastic tone, "Well, where WOULD you like to sit?" He said politely, "Nowhere," and walked out. We won't go back again. Ever. Unless I start reading some "much improved service" reviews. Maybe we just are not seeing something here... maybe it's us. We'll go to Casa Tomas or Clear Springs, or Butcher Boy's, or Auntie Pasta's. Or Sonic on South Street. They have excellent service!

2  Thank SUSIEandSPARKLE
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hotel I stayed at reccomended this place for dinner and it was excelent. Had their fajitas and they were some of the best fajitas I've ever had. Would come back for sure.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Really, you might get better Mexican Food on the value menu at Taco Bell. The food was bland. The service was bland. My dinner looked like they failed in their attempt. I sensed it was going to suck when I walked in and the waitress said they "was having trouble with the big oven." Go next door.

1  Thank TexanAbroad
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I've been here for an early dinner and for lunch. Service was better in the late afternoon when they were nearly empty. Lunch was not impressive. The waiter was not good. I ordered the lunch special which comes with 2 sides. I said I wanted ranchero beans. Instead of asking if I wanted a different item for the second side, the waiter just rushed off with that as both sides. Who orders what I like bean soup for both sides with 2 enchiladas? Not most people if you use common sense. I asked for a small side of guacamole which he didn't ask if I wanted out first or with the entree. The bus boy brought the warm chips and salsa which was the best part of the meal.

My iced tea was watery and for $2.35 I could have gotten some great tea in a huge cup from Sonic. The cheese sauce on the chicken enchiladas was bland and thin. The chicken was chunked like out of a can and not well-seasoned. The beans were just OK, and I know because I had 2 cups of them to be very certain. The guacamole was simply mashed avocado with a tiny bit of tomato and no salt or other flavor at all. The most I can say for it was they didn't squeeze it out of a bag.

The sign upon entering says ice cream and sopapillas are included with the meal. Well, my waiter didn't even ask if I wanted either upon dumping the check and running. He zoomed past again to look at it after running my card to ensure I had signed. I was still sitting there when he brought food to the next table. He had at least 4 chances to offer me dessert and he never did. Nor did I get a chance to ask once I realized he wasn't going to offer as he kept zooming past me. I stared at the other waitress and a manager as they passed through the room, but neither gave me a chance to ask anything. I was irritated when I finally gave up and left after sitting with my kindle at the table for nearly 10 minutes after my plate was bare and pushed to one side in an obvious signal that my entree was gone.

I won't be back. Taco Bell tastes better and their lunch special doesn't end up costing $12 without dessert. BTW, the tip dropped from $3 to $2 as I sat getting irritated while others got served all around me.

3  Thank Peri C