We travel a lot and are big fans of Holiday Inn Express and find it reliably consistent in a good way. This hotel was recently renovated and everything was new and clean but it fell short in a few areas which makes it "average" (3 stars) for us.
*Breakfast area was well stocked with the usual HIExpress food choices (a good thing) and the friendly attendant worked hard to keep everything replenished and tidy.
*We had a maintenance issue in our room (not a good thing), but the maintenance guy fixed it promptly and had such a helpful and friendly attitude, so overall, a good thing!
*Housekeeping staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful.
Now for the not-so-good. These things might not affect another guest's stay, but for us it did ...
*From check-in to check-out and every time in between, the front desk staff bordered on rude (with the exception of Hector). We didn't need much from the front desk folks, but we stayed 3 nights and had a few inquiries and each was met with a poor attitude. I don't know if they're unhappy in their jobs or just need customer service training but a little front desk friendliness would have gone a long way in changing our impression of this property.
*The "standard wifi" that the hotel provides is TOO SLOW! We even tried the business center to print out an email and never had success. The fastest connection speed we ever saw was .75 mbps and even that was not consistent. We gave up and instead used our own bandwith (Verizon hotspot).
*The rooms are renovated but there are a couple of design flaws that affected our stay. First is the closet. It has a very very short closet rod. We were there during cold weather and had two coats plus 4 days worth of clothes. We ended up draping things over chairs. And add to that, there are only TWO drawers for clothes. So two people, 4 days, clothes plus "stuff"... that was not enough storage.
We ended up checking out a day early and next time we're in the area, we'll try one of the other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nacogdoches' Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites offers outstanding service and the finest accommodations in the Nacogdoches area. Voted Best in Nac 2016, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites provide large comfortable rooms and suites that are designed with today s traveler in mind. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, we offer a bountiful complimentary breakfast including our signature Express Smart cinnamon rolls and Smart Roast coffee. Relax to the soothing sound of water cascading over the pool's beautiful rock fountain or settle into the comfy great room while you may be treated to the sight of native whitetail deer feeding and playing in the meadow behind the hotel! We provide a 24 hour business center tailored to your corporate and/or leisure needs. Centrally located in East Texas, Nacogdoches is 120 miles NE of Houston, 90 miles SW of Shreveport, LA, 160 miles SE of Dallas and 70 miles SE of Tyler. Nacogdoches is the home of Stephen F. Austin State University, located 5 miles N of the hotel. Being the oldest town in Texas would suggest that there are historical museums and sights to see, walking tours, and shops available to guest who want to spend a little time in the area. Let Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nacogdoches be your home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Nacogdoches
- Holiday Inn Nacogdoches
- Nacogdoches Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Nacogdoches