Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Friendswood, Texas
“Robert D”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express is conveniently located and the staff friendly and helpful as needed. I travel to Nacogdoches for river trips and visits with son so will stay there usually every trip. Staff was helpful, rooms were as ordered and you can't beat the location for proximity to all there is to do in the area. Overall a good experience for all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We get consistent quality when staying with Holiday Inn from Texas to South Carolina, and Nacogdoches was no exception. Always a friendly greeting and filling breakfast.

We always look forward to our next HI cinnamon roll at HI Express.

We've used this location before and always choose it when in their area.

Room Tip: Earn Platinum status with Priority Club and enjoy the automatic room upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis B
HIE_Nacogdoches, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Dennis B,
I want to thank you for your review of our property. We are truly grateful for your comments for they help my staff members feel like we have accomplished our goal of providing great service time and time again. Please come by and introduce yourself next time you are in town!

Best Wishes,

Nallely Briones-Mejia
Assitant General Manger, DOS
South Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel everytime I go to see my son and have never been disappointed. They have comfortable clean rooms and a full breakfast included with the room. It's not gourment food but it's a great start to a college visit. The rooms are large, roomy and worth well priced for the area. I have stayed at other Holiday Inn Express Hotels and this is the nicest of them all.

Room Tip: Make your reservations EARLY
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveling Feet Duo,

We want to thank you for your kind comments about our property. We really do appreciate you taking the time to post a review. With your help we have been able to update to our staff that their work is important and that we should keep striving for excellence in order to keep customers like you coming back. Again thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Nallely Briones-Mejia
Assistant General Manger, DOS
Holiday Inn Express Nacogdoches
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I had the best time there! The hottub is relaxing, the beds are great and the rooms are spacious. The tvs are great, and the breakfast are delicious! I love the holiday inn! The pool is nice there wide and clean! Fun environment I would definetly go there many times over and over again!

• Stayed June 2012
Nallely B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so excited that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We delight ourselves in making sure every guest feels happy and enjoys themselves while in our property. I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day in order to review us for this makes it easier for us to spread the word about how much we care about our guests.
Thank your for your time and I hope to hear from you again.

Houston, TX
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We only stayed one night on Friday 8/17. I was a little concerned when I realized the hotel was under construction for upgrades. Our room was clean, smelled fresh and the beds were so comfortable. The staff were very nice & helpful. We loved having fresh hot cookies & milk at 8 pm. Hotel is convenient to multiple eating places too. We've stayed here before a couple of years ago....this hotel is always consistent with high standards.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nallely B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear dgzeke,

We, at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Nacogdoches, want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to rate us on this website. I truly appreciate your wonderful comments and am elated at the level of service we were able to provide for you at our property.It is always our goal to make everyone feel welcome, yet we are dilligent in trying to make every unique guest feel like they are individually special to us. I am so glad that we were able to meet our goal with you and hope that we can continue this tradition on your next visit to Nacogdoches. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely ,

General Manger
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I should have stayed at the Hampton Inn next door. The cost per night was the same as Hampton Inn, but the value was far less. We found ants in the room within 5 minutes of arriving and fought to keep them out of our food for the entire weekend. Our toilet ran every time it was flushed until I jiggled the float in the tank. They are in the middle of a cheap and crappy remodel; the elevator was past due for inspection (and seemed dodgy), new tiles in the bathroom are chipped and cracked, paint smudges on the walls, sloppy tacking of carpet, etc. On the bright side, our room was quiet and the breakfast was good, staff was polite.
I would have preferred the Hampton Inn next door; they are always clean, well-kept and price always matches the value. I wouldn't stay here again. This is another Holiday Inn I'm disappointed with.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Fattaire7,

We at the Holiday Inn Express truly care and appreciate every customer that comes in through our doors. We know that without you and your patronage our business would quickly fizzle out of existence. I truly am disappointed that you did not feel like your accommodations were more than satisfactory. It is a shame that we were not able to resolve any of the issues you encountered during your recent visit with us. It is my goal to always make every guest feel like they are a part of our family and that we will always be their top choice when they travel to Nacogdoches. Please let me know how we can get a second chance to truly impress you and make you come back to us again and again.
I have provided my email so that we can have an open line of communication. I look forward to hearing from you.

General Manger
Grand Saline, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn in Nacogdoches quite often for the past 2 years. Last week when I checked out I left some clothes in the room by mistake. When I noticed it later that evening I called the hotel but they could not find any clothes that were turned in. I was asked to call back the next day and so I did. Still nothing. I was asked to call back one more time the next day and speak to the head of housekeeping. I was told that all of the lost and found bins had been cleaned out and there were no clothes turned in. She took my phone number and said she would sort it all out but 5 days later I still have not heard a word from them. I am very disappointed to the fact that housekeeping cannot be trusted. I am talking about staff members that come in to our rooms while we are out to clean everyday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Nallely B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Ms. Rosemary,
I want to deeply apologize from the bottom of my heart for the distrust you must have felt towards us this past weekend. As you are aware of, we at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Nacogdoches try our best to treat our long term guests with a more casual attitude being that we understand that you are always on the road and want to stay in a place you call a "home away from home".
We are happy to know that your items were indeed unlabeled in one of our storage closets.
Our property has a Left Items policy in place that requires anything found in the rooms to be turned in to the executive housekeeper, labeled, and logged in the Lost and Found Book.
We had a discussion about proper left items procedures and during this discussion we talked about the importance of following the rules set in place so that this type miscommunication never happens again. I want to stress that we did not mention any specific names or guest room numbers so that your anonimity will always be kept and that you hopefully will feel as comforatble as you always have felt every time you stay with us.
Please let me know what we can do to compensate you for this.