“Luxurious, comfortable, relaxing and it feels like home, the management is great!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I had the best time there! The hottub is relaxing, the beds are great and the rooms are spacious. The tvs are great, and the breakfast are delicious! I love the holiday inn! The pool is nice there wide and clean! Fun environment I would definetly go there many times over and over again!

• Stayed: June 2012
Nallely B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so excited that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We delight ourselves in making sure every guest feels happy and enjoys themselves while in our property. I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day in order to review us for this makes it easier for us to spread the word about how much we care about our guests.
Thank your for your time and I hope to hear from you again.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We only stayed one night on Friday 8/17. I was a little concerned when I realized the hotel was under construction for upgrades. Our room was clean, smelled fresh and the beds were so comfortable. The staff were very nice & helpful. We loved having fresh hot cookies & milk at 8 pm. Hotel is convenient to multiple eating places too. We've stayed here before a couple of years ago....this hotel is always consistent with high standards.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Nallely B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear dgzeke,

We, at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Nacogdoches, want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to rate us on this website. I truly appreciate your wonderful comments and am elated at the level of service we were able to provide for you at our property.It is always our goal to make everyone feel welcome, yet we are dilligent in trying to make every unique guest feel like they are individually special to us. I am so glad that we were able to meet our goal with you and hope that we can continue this tradition on your next visit to Nacogdoches. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely ,

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I should have stayed at the Hampton Inn next door. The cost per night was the same as Hampton Inn, but the value was far less. We found ants in the room within 5 minutes of arriving and fought to keep them out of our food for the entire weekend. Our toilet ran every time it was flushed until I jiggled the float in the tank. They are in the middle of a cheap and crappy remodel; the elevator was past due for inspection (and seemed dodgy), new tiles in the bathroom are chipped and cracked, paint smudges on the walls, sloppy tacking of carpet, etc. On the bright side, our room was quiet and the breakfast was good, staff was polite.
I would have preferred the Hampton Inn next door; they are always clean, well-kept and price always matches the value. I wouldn't stay here again. This is another Holiday Inn I'm disappointed with.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Fattaire7,

We at the Holiday Inn Express truly care and appreciate every customer that comes in through our doors. We know that without you and your patronage our business would quickly fizzle out of existence. I truly am disappointed that you did not feel like your accommodations were more than satisfactory. It is a shame that we were not able to resolve any of the issues you encountered during your recent visit with us. It is my goal to always make every guest feel like they are a part of our family and that we will always be their top choice when they travel to Nacogdoches. Please let me know how we can get a second chance to truly impress you and make you come back to us again and again.
I have provided my email so that we can have an open line of communication. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn in Nacogdoches quite often for the past 2 years. Last week when I checked out I left some clothes in the room by mistake. When I noticed it later that evening I called the hotel but they could not find any clothes that were turned in. I was asked to call back the next day and so I did. Still nothing. I was asked to call back one more time the next day and speak to the head of housekeeping. I was told that all of the lost and found bins had been cleaned out and there were no clothes turned in. She took my phone number and said she would sort it all out but 5 days later I still have not heard a word from them. I am very disappointed to the fact that housekeeping cannot be trusted. I am talking about staff members that come in to our rooms while we are out to clean everyday.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Nallely B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Ms. Rosemary,
I want to deeply apologize from the bottom of my heart for the distrust you must have felt towards us this past weekend. As you are aware of, we at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Nacogdoches try our best to treat our long term guests with a more casual attitude being that we understand that you are always on the road and want to stay in a place you call a "home away from home".
We are happy to know that your items were indeed unlabeled in one of our storage closets.
Our property has a Left Items policy in place that requires anything found in the rooms to be turned in to the executive housekeeper, labeled, and logged in the Lost and Found Book.
We had a discussion about proper left items procedures and during this discussion we talked about the importance of following the rules set in place so that this type miscommunication never happens again. I want to stress that we did not mention any specific names or guest room numbers so that your anonimity will always be kept and that you hopefully will feel as comforatble as you always have felt every time you stay with us.
Please let me know what we can do to compensate you for this.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

While on a recent business trip I discovered this hotel. Wow what a great find! The rooms were super clean, pool very cleans, new patio furniture. The beds words can't describe, lets say I slept very very good! No outside noise from the hall or outside! Lots of places to eat very close, two right at the hotel. Morning breakfast was good had a large variety. Can't say enough about the staff, they were very friendly and helpful. I will stay there the next time I an in the area! Very close to Stephen F. Austin State University!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear txGirl,

We want to thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Nacogdoches!!! We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that we made you feel welcomed. It is our goal to always make every guest feel like they are one of our family members. I am truly greatful to hear that our guests are respoding well to our remodel of over $1,000,000.00. As you may have noticed there is plenty of criticism when it comes to this remodel but we always try to put ourselves in someone else's shoes and make their stay as memorable and comforatble as it can possibly be aside from the minor inconveniences. I will forward your coments to all my staff so that they can continue to provide this type of service to everyone of our guests.
Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Let me preface this review by saying we have stayed at numerous Holiday Inn express that were very nice. Im sure our experience would have been different here if it wasnt being renovated. Unfortunately- our experience was not a good one. The staff was awesome- no complaints there at all. When we arrived there were pallets of furniture and construction supplies all in the front of the hotel. Entering the registartion area the "breakfast room" was filled with furniture piled high on top of each other. We were given a room on the 3rd floor (the floor currently being renovated. Other than the cosmetic mess - wallpaper stripped off walls, electrical wires hanging out of ceiling and walls, furniture piled up and blocking ice machine - there were a couple of issues that really bothered us. My husband is an electrical engineer and he was horrified that some of the exposed "hot" wires did not have caps on them. The smell of either paint or paint thiner ( not sure which) was so bad I had a headache for hours. Unfortunately the hotel was full so there was no room to transfer to. We paid full price for this room ($155) which actually is expensive for a property like this. I would have assumed if you were put in an area being renovated with all the smell, inconveniences, etc they might discount your room rate. I could have staryed in a very nice hotel for 155 per night. I was very dissappointed in this property and likely will not return - at least until all the renovations are complete. The only reason I might consider returning is that the staff were all very nice and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Nallely B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Suzieq2texas,

Thank you for honest remarks regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Nacogdoches, TX. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to fill out a survey and bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the state of our property remodel may have caused you.
It is our goal at the Holiday Inn Express to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
I want to assure you that the key points of your review have been addressed and we have made the necessary changes in our remodel strategy in order to be more in sync with our guests’ needs and wants.
Once again, thank you for your time. We value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose us for your future travel needs. I have attached my email address in hopes that we can open up a line of communication in order to get this situation resolved.

Nallely Briones-Mejia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Nacogdoches

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel should not even be considered a holiday inn express! I have stayed at many holiday inns before but this one was in really bad shape. This hotel is due for renovations. I could have got the same quality room else where in town for far less the price! This holiday inn is way over priced for it charging $139.00 and not worth even half that. There are many other hotels in town to choose from, stay away from this one!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Steve H,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel once the renovations will be completed by September.

Janice A