This property is obviously overdue for some remodeling. One critical item that needs replacing are the mattresses. We were unable to get a good night's sleep due to their being hard and uncomfortable (despite their label stating they are '05 Simmons Beautyrest Pillowtops). Guess they are just worn out from so much use. The sofa in our suite badly needed reupholstering also, as it had numerous tears and stains. Fluorescent lights were buzzing in the bathroom, indicating they needed new ballasts (according to my husband). There is no exhaust fan or A/C vent in the bathroom, and the windows do not open, so there is no way to let fresh air into the room. This is probably the source of the musty smell other reviewers have mentioned.
On the positive side, we found all the staff to be friendly and helpful, they upgraded us to a two-room king/queen suite at no extra charge (probably because we're Priority Club members), breakfast was good and well stocked, TVs were newer LCDs, and A/C worked well. We enjoyed watching nine deer in the open meadow behind the hotel, and the swimming pool area with waterfall was very pretty and clean. We were able to bring our cat along also, since they permit small pets. That was the main reason we chose this particular hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nacogdoches' Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites offers outstanding service and the finest accommodations in the Nacogdoches area. Voted Best in Nac 2016, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites provide large comfortable rooms and suites that are designed with today s traveler in mind. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, we offer a bountiful complimentary breakfast including our signature Express Smart cinnamon rolls and Smart Roast coffee. Relax to the soothing sound of water cascading over the pool's beautiful rock fountain or settle into the comfy great room while you may be treated to the sight of native whitetail deer feeding and playing in the meadow behind the hotel! We provide a 24 hour business center tailored to your corporate and/or leisure needs. Centrally located in East Texas, Nacogdoches is 120 miles NE of Houston, 90 miles SW of Shreveport, LA, 160 miles SE of Dallas and 70 miles SE of Tyler. Nacogdoches is the home of Stephen F. Austin State University, located 5 miles N of the hotel. Being the oldest town in Texas would suggest that there are historical museums and sights to see, walking tours, and shops available to guest who want to spend a little time in the area. Let Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nacogdoches be your home away from home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites - Nacogdoches
- Holiday Inn Nacogdoches
- Nacogdoches Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Nacogdoches