“Historic Tour”

Millard's Crossing Historic Village, Inc.
Ranked #4 of 36 things to do in Nacogdoches
More attraction details
Owner description: Millard's Crossing Historic Village, Inc. is a locally-managed non-profit 501(c)3 historic site that portrays the spirit and ingenuity of pioneer settlement in East Texas. Open seven days a week, we strive to create a greater awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the region's pioneer and agricultural heritage for East Texans as well as others beyond the region. We welcome individuals, families, schools, and large tour groups. Come have fun in the past!
Huffman, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Historic Tour”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and interesting! This tour gave our group a very good introduction into the history associated with Nacogdoches. Millard's Crossing was first on our list of places to visit and proved to be a good starting point. Several of us plan to return to the city in the future!

Visited May 2014
4 Thank JoanRichardSmith

Nacogdoches, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Lots of fun a Christmas time”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is an old historic village that has special events through the year. I like to bring my children here during Christmas time when they have animals, games, rides, singing, shops open in the village. Great place during the holidays.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank STEPHEN H
Nacogdoches, Texas
“Great For The Kids”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I think the kids enjoyed it most on there school trip. They had a blast. Putting on the hats to them and sitting and learning school basically was just amazing to me. Love how educational it is.

Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Worth a stop”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I give it four stars because I don't think I'd drive hundreds of miles for the express purpose of visiting this place, but it's nice. We were free to wander around, and some buildings were open while others were not. Roz (sp?) was out of pocket when we arrived but she returned from an errand and welcomed us. All in all Nacogdoches was a nifty area and if you're going, add this to your list of places to stop by. "Is there a fee for this attraction?" Kind of, because they ask you donate a few bucks in one of the boxes. IIRC it's run by a non-profit so it isn't like you're going to be gouged. I know there's a gift shop so maybe you can pick up food; I can't speak to some of the other items on the checklist at bottom.

Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“lovely”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

You really get a feel of nacogdoches being the oldest town in Texas when visiting this little village. It is very historic and can be visited w/out a guide. I recommend that everyone go and visit...it's a quiet, relaxed place.

Visited March 2013