“Good for a Super 8”

Super 8 Nacogdoches
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was booked to stay here on a business trip, and I gotta say, I was pretty nervous about staying here. I was pleasantly surprised by the checkin area when we arrived. Looks like it was recently renovated; two story ceiling, big breakfast room to your left, and friendly checkin people.

Main complaint would be that our air conditioning was not running when we arrived in our room. It took at least 8 hours to cool our room down to a comfortable temperature; there's also a ceiling fan and that helped speed the process up. Overall the rooms were clean and decorated nicely. Didn't bother staying for breakfast (not a lot of choices) but there was a nice Starbucks with a drivethru right down the street.

Stayed for 3 nights...it was fine by Nacogdoches standards.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
GM-Super8-Nac, Manager at Super 8 Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Hello Courtney F, and thank you for your recent comments about our Super 8 in Nacogdoches!

Thank you for expressing you successful stay to the TripAdvisor community about the Super 8 in Nacogdoches! It gives my staff and I so much pleasure to know that we made our guests happy with their stay. This is the newest hotel in town.
I also discussed the room temperature issue with my housekeeping dept and will make sure with that.
We look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you to Nacogdoches.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Nacogdoches

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The property is much better than what I expected from a Super 8 and made me more likely to consider staying at another Super 8. The room was clean and spacious. The tile in the public areas reminded me of higher star rated hotels. The breakfast was more than pastry and juice. It included waffles, bacon and sausage, biscuits and gravy, scrabbled egg in patty form, 4 different types of cereal, toast, pastry, and instant oatmeal. We were more than pleased with the breakfast choices.

There was even a Saturday night happy hour, which was another pleasant surprise. I wish there were other occasions that took me to Nacogdoches so I could stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hello TheDomingiFamily, and thank you for your recent comments about our Super 8 in Nacogdoches!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Mostly typical for a Super 8 property. The room was MUCH better than the Super 8 I stayed at in Brunswick GA. Very clean and well maintained property. The room almost looked new or completely remodeled. The check-in staff was courteous and helpful. The check-out staff not so much - and she was the property manager! Breakfast was the standard dry pastries and lousy waffles that are unfortunately standard for any place that offers a continental breakfast. My suggestions: improve the breakfast, and offer an alternative to the bar soaps currently provided.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Room and bath were clean Breakfast could have been better-oj was watery, coffee machine was out of coffee need more variety hot items-no bacon

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Very satisfied with the exception of having a shower problem. The staff was very helpful with that.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Overall stay was great, but the parking sucks after having a family reunion in San Augustine TX we arrive back at hotel @ 1 am we had to park in the Burger King parking lot which the night clerk inform us that they share the lot with them, but told us to park in the front in which we did. On Sunday morning July 14, 2013 someone stole our tool box and a cooler wirh drinks for kids on our road trip back to Wharton TX, clerk call manager but as of today we haven't hear from him or a staff person.