“Casa Tomas has improved, still a few issues”
Review of Casa Tomas

Casa Tomas
Ranked #23 of 104 Restaurants in Nacogdoches
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our last visit to Casa Tomas was not a happy event (see my earlier review), but we stopped in recently, and found the food and service much improved. Consistency seems to be a problem, it depends on who is cooking, and who you get as a waiter. The drinks ( 3 margaritas on the rocks) were so strong that my wife had to drive us home. Food (Fiesta Platter) was fresh and hot, good enchililadas and tamales. Salsa was OK, but needed some "kick".

Bathrooms still need work, they were in need of attention just like the last visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place was recommended to us by some locals as the best place for margaritas in town. We went on a slow night and sat in the bar area. Service was ok, I think just one guy was working in our area. Margaritas were strong, just the way I like them. The shrimp tacos were overflowing with shrimp! Usually I expect restaurants to skimp, but they didn't. Fully and happy by the end of the night. Fine mexican food for Nacogdoches, but by Texas standards, it was sub par.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Always a lot of cars, so we tried it. Tacos sucked! Enchiladas were just okay. Salsa tasted like ketchup. Tortillas were not homemade. They only get 2 stars because the people were so so nice. This gringa's Mexican cookin blows this place away.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

It took over 10 minutes after being seated for our waiter to come to our table. The food was not that great (maybe it tastes better if you have been drinking, but was pretty bad when sober). Waiter took our IDs to bar to scan and NEVER returned them. I was visiting from out of town and have been without a license because of this now since April 28th, even though the restaurant has told me three times they would mail it to me. Bad service + bad food + shady management= STAY AWAY.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Ate here with the parents recently as I had always been intrigued by the place. The interior is well appointed and the Mexican theme is clearly emphasized. Great looking bar area as well. Our server was great! Attentive without being intrusive. Now the food...different story. I ordered the mixed fajitas...bland, semi tough all in all utter mediocrity.