“I can't believe this place gets business”

Pine Creek Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Nacogdoches B&B and Inns
Houston, TX
“I can't believe this place gets business”
Reviewed September 27, 2007

We were going to be staying at the lodge for a wedding. When we first arrived the grounds were beautiful. The lodge was lovely, secluded from "the big city" life we're used to. We checked in and the girl was very pleasant, younger. At the time of check in we were told that the bridal party would be using our room to change and get ready for the wedding and once they were finished our room would be cleaned for us. I knew all of this in advance as I was good friends with the bride, we obliged and went about exploring the property while waiting for the bridal party to finish.

Once the girls finished, we went back to the room to shower and change for the wedding. We found the room in complete disarray, the bed a mess and towels all over the floor. I called the front desk to arrange for the room to be cleaned and to get some fresh towels so that we could at least begin to change to get ready for the wedding and no one answered. My husband went down to the front desk and no one was there, it was like a ghost town. It was getting close to the wedding and I desperately needed a shower so I took one and used a hand towel-the only towel that hadn't been used and thrown on the floor. My husband had to use the same hand towel.

After showering I called the front desk again, no answer. I called the owners home, still no answer. I left messages at all of these places because I was beginning to fear that they expected us to sleep in a bed that was a mess and had been slept in by someone else and filthy, trash all over the place.

Eventually I found the owner, she tried to put the blame on the bride saying that she knew that the room wouldn't be cleaned after their use and that the bride should have told us that. Who wants to sleep in someone elses dirty bed? Thats completely unreasonable. After I told her about how I had tried to get in contact with them coming down to the front desk and calling several times she had the audacity to say "Well, honey if you would have looked for me, you would have found me." The owner later said she would take care of the charge for the room. Ha, that was a joke!!!

On checkout we were so fortunate to encounter the biggest jerk I have ever seen in a customer service field. We asked him to print us a reciept showing us that she had in fact taken the room off of our credit card. He was verbally attacking and made us feel like criminals.

I have never seen such poor service in my life and sure enough, that hotel charge showed up on our credit card a few days later. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, which is so unfortunate because of its serene location. The management is incompetent and you would be much better served elsewhere.

• Liked — Absolutly nothing
  • Disliked — The service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank BuckInurse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2007

My husband and i wanted to do something special for our anniversary, without travelling far from home. Pine Creek fit the bill, although I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone outside the East Texas area, as it's certainly worth the trip. The owners went out of their way to make our stay pleasant....even the lodge's resident dog was a gentle, friendly fellow, who accompanied us on a stroll through the grounds. The grounds themselves are beautiful, showcasing some of the best of the area's native plants and trees. There is also a large number of birds and butterflies to enjoy, as well as the occasional small animal.

We stayed in the #17 Honeymoon Cottage, which was completely charming. There were lovely, serene views from both the front porch and the back deck. The cabin itself was very modern inside and utterly spotless. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the Lodge even provides fresh-baked muffins, bottled water, and fluffy his-and-hers robes. Another plus was that the air conditioner had been turned on before our arrival...if you've ever been to East Texas in August, you'll know how much that was appreciated!

The dinner and breakfast served at the main lodge were both delicious, and cooked to perfection. The lodge does not have a license to sell alcohol, but guests may bring their own bottle of wine and they will serve it with your meal.

My only advice to other guests would be to bring a flashlight if you intend to walk about any after sunset, and do NOT trust mapquest directions, but call the lodge directly.
-Anne K.

• Liked — views and food
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
texas
Reviewed August 14, 2007

We were look just for a place to relax and man we found it breakfast, lunch , dinner all at your request .Hot tubs ,swimming pool, and quitness. The managment what can i say grate i felt like a little kid like mom and dad was their for my every need. This place was perfict. Lisa ,Jean, Andew, Fancisco, Mary the cleaning crew also grate. If a getaway is what this is then i found the grates place on earth.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank lafonzo
AnnArbor, Michigan
Reviewed August 9, 2007

I stayed in room #1 and found it to be absolutely wondeful. The owners were so nice. They told me about their experiences in Scotland, and their times of running the Hotel Jerome in Aspen. I was excited to find people with such culture in such a small town. Another great thing was that the place was only about 2 mins from Lake Nacogdoches, where I spent most of my weekend catching up with my college buddies. All in all I got more than I expected from my stay, and i will definately be back then next time I'm in this town.

~Erick

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank INTLSURFER80
oklahoma city
Reviewed July 9, 2007

I was familiar with the lodge under the previous owners and wanted to spend my wedding night somewhere nice but still close to home. We planned to stay at the lodge for two nights in the one of the honeymoon cottages. Much to our dismay, the bathroom was filthy and we could not go on the patio because of the number of spiders. Further, when we checked in, we were told that they offered breakfast, lunch and dinner, but when we when to the main building for lunch, we were told they were closed and there would be no food today. After all this, we decided to go back into town and spend the second night in another motel. We lodged our complaints with the management and requested our money back, only to have the door slammed in our faces. Sadly, what once was a beautiful country lodge has turned into an unfriendly, unsanitary place. We will never return.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank lurvstotravel
Austin, TX
Reviewed April 18, 2007

We were contact three days prior to our stay to let us know that our room which was reserved several months in advance was no longer available. Not only was our room given away but the staff member acted like it was our fault that they had overbooked. To "compensate" our party of five they offered a room with only one bed as opposed to the 3 bed room which was reserved so several of us had to stay at a corporate motel over 10 miles away. Upon arrival we found their staff to be extremely rude and unapologetic and their facilities to be average and poorly managed.

• Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank mkiser
dallas
Reviewed October 26, 2006

If you are looking for a pampering, relaxing experience look elsewhere. Apparently this place has switched mgmt recently so keep in mind that some of the reviews from the past are about the previous owners. The manager at this lodge was rude from the moment we checked in. He refused to give us the rate quoted on the phone and wanted to charge extra on top of that. We went to pay for the room with an American Express card that the room was reserved with and were told they didn't take it and wouldn't have reserved a room with that card. It was like talking to one of my students. His other staff was wonderful so maybe they need to train him. I was with a convention so I really didn't have a choice in staying there. I would have left immediately if it had been my choice.
The grounds are beautiful but I can't imagine booking a wedding or convention there and having to deal with him.

Stayed September 2006