“Do want to be treated rudely at the gated entrance?”
Review of Elm Creek Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Muenster
Elm Creek Manor
Ranked #1 of 2 Muenster B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2007

My husband and I were traveling through Muenster, Texas and decided to stop by this B & B and check it out. We had looked at the website and thought this might be worth the money. We drove up to the gate and called the number on the keypad to access the property. Basically, we were told to go away. They were booked and did not provide tours of their facilities without an appointment. The hotel host was quite abrupt, firm and unwelcoming. We simply wanted to drive onto the property and see if it was worth the cost --- it certainly did not look intruiging from the road. As we were turning to drive away, the entrance gate opened and a hotel worker drove up beside us. She asked if we were there to check in. We replied, "No, we just wanted to take a look around." She said, "There are people walking around in robes right now and we are booked." "Sorry, we don't do tours without an appointment."

My husband and I concluded that any property that denies you access and does not allow you to preview their amenities is probably not worth the money.

First impressions are everything!

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank Maggie011
muensterinnkeeper, Owner at Elm Creek Manor, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2007

We do not appologize for not letting individuals in to "look around"

We are an exclusive establishment that caters to prominent individuals along with very discerning guests. We will protect their privacy and their safety.

It is our mission to pamper our guests and exceed their needs, not to be giving tours while we should be attending to our guests.

Our spa reort is not open to the general public. The reason we have a gate is to keep "drive-bys" off the property.

Thank you for confirming to our future guests that we do not just let anyone in to "just take a look around"

Reviewed July 4, 2007

OMG! I booked a few weeks in advance. When I checked the website again before I left the house to go there, they had all these new photos about a spa I didn't even know they had.

I was really excided to get there. The place was fab and the people were so friendly. I thought the place and owners were going to be stuffy and uptight but everyone was so down to earth and kind.

I had spa treatments in the new facility and honestly thought I was in a private villa in Italy.

The food was to die for and the service was endless.

I have already booked for NEW YEARS!!!! The party never stops I hear!

You'll love this place I was shocked how great it was.

It is so LUX !!!! :)

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank tarababy
Reviewed April 9, 2007

The property was nice, the food was incredible and the room was comfortable. However, we were in one of the three suites in the main house and the couple in the room above us began arguing at 2 am. This continued, off and on, till after 4:00 AM. Loud voices, stomping across the floor and things thrown against the wall. The next morning, my husband told the owner and he said, "Yeah, they woke us up too." No apology, no offer to give us a free upgrade if we returned, nothing. I understand that the owners weren't responsible for the noise, but they could have intervened anytime between 2 and 4 am, apologized to us for the inconvenience, something. We won't be returning.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
muensterinnkeeper, owner at Elm Creek Manor, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2007

We had a guest call and tell us that we had a bad review on trip advisor. When we pulled it up we were quite shocked.

We spend a lot of our time and money
trying to maintain excellent service.

We do remember vividly that
particular weekend.

Brad came into the kitchen and told me there had been a quarrel in the
Elm Creek Suite and that the couple out in the herb garden were in the
room below them and had been upset by the overheard argument.

I had briefly heard some noise during the night. However, from our apartment we were not aware of the extent of it.

I filled a gift card with a credit toward a future stay and gave it to the couple that was standing in the hall, who stayed in a room also below the Suite where the quarrel occured.

They went into detail about the fight. I thought maybe it had not disturbed the other guests in the building the next morning as it had not disturbed us.

We only heard the guests come in at 2:30 from the door alarm in our apartment. I figured they were drunk and I was not aware of the apparent fight until Brad
informed me the next morning

I can assure you that had we heard them, we would have put an immediate halt to
it and would have asked them to leave.

Let's not forget that it is highly likely that the stuff being thrown around belongs to us. We would have a vested interest in not having
our property destroyed.

We are known to overcompensate our guests for inconveniences.

We are a place of peace and harmony. Our guests should only take away a feeling of renewal.

Obviously, we can not control out of control guests but we can put a stop to it
when we are made aware of the situation.

Given the fact that this quarrel occured over a two hour period- it seems odd that no one bothered to call us -yet we are often called when a remote contriol does not work properly at 3 in the morning.

Thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed October 10, 2006

At the time of our stay to celebrate our one-year anniversary (1.31.05) I don't think ECM was on Tripadvisor, but now that they are, I must plug them.

Marcia and Brad were beautiful, welcoming hosts. Brad helped us with our luggage and the four of us later sat in the comletely inviting library in front of a blazing fire sipping a delicious warm wine/cider-ish concontion created by Marcia. We nibbled on marvelous tid-bits and learned abou their life abroad and in Texas. It was like getting reacquainted with long lost friends.

The entire home is filled with wonderful mix old-world charm and modern day luxury. Our room, The Austrian, was gorgeous and we wanted to replicate all the little deocrative touches in our home. The wall color, the plush bathroom rug, the nook of windows that surrounds the bed. You name it, we loved it! Our breakfast the following morning was gourmet and so good, we wanted more. To say we cleaned our plates would be an understatement. We did not want to leave!

There are few places in the Dallas area that lured us the way Elm Creek Manor did after viewing their website, so we took a chance and boy were we ever so glad. We could not have asked for a more intimate, cozy, and relaxed setting to celebrate our first year of marriage together. We were only about an hour away from home yet felt as though we had been transported instantly to Europe. We loved ECM.

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DallasTricia
Reviewed August 20, 2006

I planned this as a surprise for my husband. They phoned us weeks in advance and asked us all of our particulars for the package and what we did and did not want. We did the "Ultimate luxury " package. WOW great experience.

We had planned on seeing the sights and doing some shopping. We got to the Inn and never left. We were pampered, fed wonderful food, indulged and made friends with the Innkeepers. They are a great couple and we have vowed to come back for the New Years Eve Bash they thow. I am so glad that we found this place. There is no place else like it except in Europe!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank misssophisticate
Reviewed March 13, 2006

I got a call from a good friend of mine that wanted to get away for a girls weekend. We needed some R&R and severe pampering. We wanted it all!!! We wanted to be picky and fussy and have people bend to our constant whims.

We checked about 6 or so B&B's and Inn's in the Dallas area and decided to take the advice of a friend and book Elm Creek Manor. We phoned and set up our "play day" and "power detox from work" weekend.

When we arrived, we were greeted with a delicious concoction of punch, rum and tequila - Viva la Elm Creek! we knew we were heading in the right direction.

We began our spa treatments immediately and lounged around the pool in our robes between treatments. Is this so posh or what? The teenage girls that work there kept circulating around the pool with chilled towels, fresh fruit, bottled water and a chilled spritzer. I once took a cruise on Seabourne and this was far more elite. The punch kept flowing and we forgot we even had another life to go back to. We were pampered pets.

That eveing we had reserved the 5 course -AMAZING- dinner in front of the firplace. I am a very picky eater and don't eat many meats or odd vegetables. Marsha (sp?) created some of the most mouth watering dishes and kept all my little dislikes in mind. My friend had the lobster thermadore and gushed on about it.

We enjoyed meeting all the fun guests at the social hour the owners host each night. Free appetizers and wine- can't go wrong there.

Everyone was asking how we each found this place. Many said they first found the Inn on the internet. But several guests had been here a time or two before and came on referrals.

Luxury does have a price and the fainthearted or tight fisted need not apply. I asked the different guests which packages they had selected and was surprised to find that most had the high end ones full of all the bells and whistels. I, however, am worth the cost. So, I treat myself to some indulgences. Elm Creek Manor IS a wonderful indulgance. Needless to say 3 days later I had to be drug to the car when it was time to leave. We did take advantge of their nice extended hours offer.

Who would even want to leave this place?? We loved it so much that we rebooked another weekend before we checked out. Brad and Masha were going to be in Europe then, so, we changed the date so we could come when they were going to be at the Manor

Did we love it? Oh YES!!!

6  Thank europetravelgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muenster
Lindsay Inn
#3 of 6 in Gainesville
No photo provided
Wagon Inn Motel
#5 of 12 in Gainesville

Been to Elm Creek Manor? Share your experiences!