All reviews social hour the main house other guests provence suite fresh fruit elm creek gourmet chef scavenger hunt brisket chocolate covered strawberries next morning local wineries bottle of champagne early check beautiful room munster cottage
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

I've been admiring this resort on social media for a year. And my hubby birthday was the perfect reason to give this place a try. We are both foodies and love historical Texas and B and B's.
We were not disappointed Brad, Marcie, and staff couldn't of been kinder or more accommodating . We were greeted with a table full of goodies , baskets of snacks which included items they make themselves . A unique gift of beautiful hand made coasters from Italy, a delicious gourmet platter filled with fruit from their garden, special hand prepared meats and cheeses, a bottle of champagne , chocolate covered strawberries , and refreshing brewed tea in the refrigerator . Omgosh welcome over load loved everything. The food prepared most certainly would be served in a five star restaurant. It was authentic, fresh and delicious the wine paired with the homemade cheeses, home grown figs at social hour and dinner was exquisite.
We had our breakfast and dinners at our own table in our beautiful room at a hand crafted farm table. Which was our choice we could had had in the manor but wanted the privacy.
Next day sat on the porch over looking the garden and watched the birds, and goats play In the pasture drinking coffee so peaceful there is fruit trees everywhere.
We then had a in room massage the best I've had in months. After massage a beautiful delicious lunch served in room.
I will post pictures.
I also took a sauna in our private room attached to the double open shower.
Next day we just went exploring the towns around and loved every minute .
I hope I haven't left anything out so much to tell and it's all fabulous. The suite we stayed in was originally a stable . This room has so much charm and character. We felt at home could of stayed longer.
They also have a pool which they serve cool fruit infused water and fruit while your there.
We will be returning , and recommend the wonder enchanting resort if your needing a much need rest, celebration or just get away.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
muensterinnkeeper, Owner at Elm Creek Manor, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2017

Vickie,

I am glad you decided to come and visit! I love my foodies. Making food that amazes you and also surprises you is what I seek to accomplish. Check out the new exterior! Now you have a reason to return soon. :)

Reviewed June 23, 2017

We stayed Friday and Saturday nights in June in the Provence suite. If you don't know already, this is one of the top 10 Culinary Bed and Breakfasts in the U.S. All meals were exceptional. Our favorite was the seated 3 course dinner...Each course was presented by Chef Marcia. One of those meals where you eat slowly to savor each bite. Breakfast is delivered to your room at your requested time.

The property is outside of Muenster. We thought of it as an oasis in the middle of the big windmill farm. This is a good thing for Texas summers...there was always a breeze. Suggest looking a google maps before heading out and then switching to streetview to see the gate so you don't miss it.

We enjoyed lounging around the pool. On the weekends, staff was down every 20-30 minutes to bring some sort of treat: cool towel, frozen or fresh fruit.

Each night there was a social hour with wines, rum punch, and an assortment of cheeses, sausages -- included in nightly rate.

Room was nicely decorated. We loved the scented soap. Bed was comfortable and plenty of hot water.

We recommend this place as a great weekend getaway.

Room tip: Provence is on the first floor and close to the pool -- not many guests so quiet.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
muensterinnkeeper, Owner at Elm Creek Manor, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

TexiCan,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I see your picture; I remember you two, you are a very sweet and friendly couple.

I am glad you love my food. I LOVE to cook, so I have a great time creating unusual and delicious meals for my guests, harvested from our gardens.

Summer is a fun time. Every once in a while Brad and I kick back and enjoy the pool staff service ourselves. We stayed at a beautiful estate near Prague, and their staff served around the pool, and I knew we had to do this for our guests!

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

This charming Elm Creek Manor is a treat you will love. My husband & I spent our first weekend there and can't wait to go back. Cozy private cottages, superb meals prepared by Master Chef Marcia. A+++. The owners, Marcia and Brad are genuinely hospitable, kind and generous. This is truly an excellent get away for any occasion.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
muensterinnkeeper, Owner at Elm Creek Manor, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2017

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review!! We loved meeting you both. We thought you were very fascinating and engaging. Loved the stories. We look forward to your return. Also, thanks for buying many of our farm goods. Hope you enjoyed them! Marcia

Reviewed February 5, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I decided to take a last minute getaway and happened on this gem. Other than the stipulation that if you stay over a Saturday night you must add on the dinner at the Inn, this place is awesome. And we were really surprised at how good the food was. The breakfast especially blew us away. You really feel relaxed and away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life here. It is close to town and several wineries that were also really good. The rooms were very clean and creatively decorated with items from Brad and Marcia's travels. We will definitely be back multiple times.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
muensterinnkeeper, Owner at Elm Creek Manor, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Thank you for your review. Glad you loved the food! Beyond just growing and raising our food, I love creating fun and delicious meals for my guests. It is my passion!

Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary last night and had such a wonderful, relaxing time! We ordered the dinner trays to be brought to the room. I had the pork loin and he and the brisket. Also came with a huge slice of carrot cake each. Sooo delicious! (As was the yummy breakfast!) Everything here is farm to table and they do all the work themselves. Very impressive place! We will be back!!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you had a nice time. The carrot cake is my favorite dessert to not only make but, to eat :). Next time you come, if you have a special request of something you particularly enjoyed, let me know, I am happy to create your favorites.