“A Wonderful and Relaxing Pampering”
Review of Elm Creek Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Muenster
Elm Creek Manor
Ranked #1 of 2 Muenster B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 7, 2008

My husband and I booked the Ultimate Package for one night at Elm Creek Manor. We had an incredible time! We were so spoiled and pampered, we hated having to leave.

When we arrived at the property, we immediately knew that we were in for a wonderful stay. The property is beautiful, secluded, and exhudes a sense of peace as you drive through the gate. We were greeted by Joan when we walked into the main house. She welcomed us by name, offered us drinks (we took glasses of red wine), gave us our itinerary, and showed us around the property.

When we got to our room, we were greated by a beautiful basket overflowing with snacks and goodies, a plate of fresh-baked cookies, chocolate dipped strawberries, a bottle of champagne, and a carafe of red wine. The room (the Austrian) is beautifully decorated and has a huge balcony where opted to enjoy all of our meals.

We opted for early check in with our package, so the first item on our itinerary was a spa lunch. They had asked about any food preferences when we booked our stay, and I indicated that I do not eat beef or pork. Because of this, Joan prepared a lovely dish of crabcakes and salad for our lunch. These crabcakes rivaled any we have had in Baltimore!

Next, we had our spa treatments. I had a deep tissue massage. My husband napped on one of the chaises in the spa while I got my massage. When my massage was completed, he went in for his Swedish massage and I had a pedicure. It was all fantastic.

We decided to have a dip in the pool before happy hour, then we showered and headed over to the library for some wine, a game of cards, and some appetizers. Next, we headed to our room where we were served a lovely five course dinner on our balcony. Each course was better than the next! We had feaux escargot and an onion tartlet to begin, followed by a fresh and delicious Capri salad. Before the main course, we were served a palet clensing melon and vodka sorbet. For the main course, my husband had the filet, which he could have cut with his fork, it was so tender. I had the crusted chicken, which was absolutely devine. Dessert was bananas in rum sauce with vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmmm...

In the morning, we were served breakfast in bed - also wonderful. We packed up and headed on our way with promises that we will return. Marcia and Brad were out of town, so we did not have the pleasure of meeting them this time. Hopefully on our next visit to the Manor! We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 7, 2008

5 course dinner was average. Poor cut of tenderlion. WIne selection was very, very bad. They overcharged me $100.00 and when confronted where very rude. I'd have went camping.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tagray72
muensterinnkeeper, Manager at Elm Creek Manor, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2008

Guest caused damge in room. Penalty was asessed. She threatened this retaliation. Our 52% return guest rate speaks for itself.

Reviewed May 15, 2008

My husband gave me this getaway as a birthday gift. I knew that I was going to a spa but knew not where. Each year he tries to be unique.

When we arrived we were both thrilled with how lush the landscaping and grounds were. We were greeted by a staff member and immediately offered a glass of rum punch. When we checked in we were given an envelope with the full itinereary for our 3 day holiday. I was amazed with how much my husband had included in the stay. I WAS going to be pampered. I did sneak a peak at the invoice and saw that it was expensive.

Ok, now I put on my "i want it now attitude" . We have traveled all over the world and have spent small fortunes at exclusive spas. I have often left them feeling like I emptied my pocket book without receiving the expectation I had perhaps placed too high.

My husband and I had two perfect days of spa treatments where we had a special spa attendant that stayed there inconspicuously to bring me a cup of hot tea, glass of water, deliver my lunch and give me an extra towel for my wet hair. When I got up to go back to our suite for my medication and sun glasses during my lunch, she phoned up to the Inn and had someone bring it down to me. WOW!

We had 9 treatments each and found all the spa therapists to be warm, genuine and very experienced .

We were given hot moist towels upon completion of treatments. We were offered an additonal robe after a body scrub. Then yet another robe once we had showered off from the scrubs. Most spas assign one robe to you whether they become soiled or not.

I understand they recently hired a spa manager in March who runs the spa flawlessly.

After days of spa treatments, fantastic meals, special surprises hidden around the property on our treasure hunt. Plus, looking up to always see a staff member with either a plate of fruit, decanter of chilled water or my sunglasses that I left down by the creek, I realized that there are still small resorts that have the ability to serve and still want to serve it's guests with service normally reserved for the super rich.

As I bottom line this:
Worth every cent! You are what you say you are!
We will be back!
Thank you for your beautiful place!
Carol & Tom

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2008

We celebrated our one-year anniversary here, and it was a really great experience. We stayed in a cabin next to the manor, which had a private hot tub. It was a very high quality B&B, and very memorable. The food was excellent, the room we picked was very private, clean, and adorable, and the hot tub was amazing. I am really glad we decided to stay here, and will likely try to stay again in the future.

I think my only complaint would be that we felt like we were treated like children at times. My husband and I are in our mid and upper 20s, but we both have always looked a lot younger. When we arrived, we were late because of terrible traffic, and were glanced at when we walked into the manor, but not really welcomed into the cocktail time. The next morning, someone came to our door and asked if we were coming to breakfast or not. It almost felt like being scolded, even though it was literally five minutes past the established breakfast time. Don't get me wrong - nobody was unfriendly or unaccommodating, but I just felt that vibe, and it was a little uncomfortable, but something we're used to.

Otherwise, our stay was great. We were left alone for the most part, had a fabulous dinner with sparkling grape juice (we could have had champagne, but my husband doesn't drink), and the breakfast was superb. I would highly recommend Elm Creek Manor.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2008

My husband made this reservation for my birthday as a surprise! It was an amazing property and we hope to go back in the warmer months as we were not able to fully enjoy everything Elm Creek Manor had to offer. The owner Marcia nd Brad are amazingly friendly and accomodating. The staff was young, but well taught. My husband purchased a "package" that included a private 5 course dinner in our room, but after meeting fellow guests in the library for drinks we decided to join them in the main dining room for dinner. There is really no need to go into town for dinner because there is no way that you could get anything of this caliber anywhere around there! It was truly a treat.
They have thought of pretty much everything. Champagne, a fireplace, robes and chocolate covered strawberries in the room. Fresh baked treats in the foyer and coffee and scones before breakfast outside our room .....it was the best B&B we have ever been too. The breakfast was large and filling. We chose to have it in our rooms prior to finding out the the mimosas apparently flow freely in the dining room (note for next time :))
The only downside I would say is the spa. It was a relaxing atmosphere and the girls were nice, but if you are used to the spa experience this isn't the best. The massage was OK, and we were dripping with oil after they left and there were no towels to be found. They had some in the warmer, but we about burned our skin off trying to get them out so we abandoned that idea and wiped off with the sheet! We wanted to use the steam room, but there were no robes out there and we didn't want to get dressed and then walk down 3 rooms and get undressed again, so we didn't go. Marcia and Brad asked how our experience was and, not wanting to offend them, we said good. They were disappointed that the therapists did not introduce themselves and said they would address it promptly. I would have not even mentioned the spa experience if the 3 others at dinner had not all had poor experiences there and with the manicurist. We all agreed to mention it the next day to the owners, but we missed them since they had left for Italy.
I highly recommend this property and the spa is not enough to keep me from going back!
There was a pretty penny spent here, but overall a great experience!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2007

We received a stay at Elm Creek as a wedding gift. We haven't stayed at a B&B before and were a little apprehensive - all for not!
Due to the arrival of my husband's grand-daughter we made it to Elm Creek quite late. Brad was right there to greet us! The room was perfect - chilled champagne, chocolate-dipped strawberries, scattered rose petals beautiful furniture and a fantastic view.
The rest of the house is just as lovely and welcoming! Brad and Marsha have anticipated a guest's every need - robes, DVDs, games, jacuzzi tub, and on and on.
The food was excellent! We had breakfast every morning on the porch off our room. The last night we dined in the main dining room having the five-course dinner. Very, very good.
By the time we left we were talking about our next trip to Elm Creek Manor - truly a jewel of a place.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed at ECM in early July, and were pleased with the surroundings. We figured it would look more rural that it really does. The grounds had lavish plants and flowers. The house was very clean and extremely well decorated. You really dont feel like your in the middle of the country, but you do get the feeling of privacy and the escape from everyday life. The hosts were very nice and all the staff was more than willing to help you, and cater to your needs.
I loved that pool, I don't normally see that at too many B&Bs. It was
nice to cool off there as well. The food was great, they grow their own vegtables so your always eating fresh. There is always something to nibble on, fresh baked cookies during the day, cheese platters in the ealry evening, and I would highly recommend the dinners there. There to die for! Breakfast was no disapointment either, there was an array of fresh fruit, strudell from the local German bakery, with great scrambled eggs and orange juice.

If your looking to be catered to, this is your place....

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Elm Creek Manor? Share your experiences!