“Absolutely Wonderful......”
Review of Elm Creek Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Muenster
Elm Creek Manor
Ranked #1 of 2 Muenster B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“Absolutely Wonderful......”
Reviewed October 29, 2007

We received a stay at Elm Creek as a wedding gift. We haven't stayed at a B&B before and were a little apprehensive - all for not!
Due to the arrival of my husband's grand-daughter we made it to Elm Creek quite late. Brad was right there to greet us! The room was perfect - chilled champagne, chocolate-dipped strawberries, scattered rose petals beautiful furniture and a fantastic view.
The rest of the house is just as lovely and welcoming! Brad and Marsha have anticipated a guest's every need - robes, DVDs, games, jacuzzi tub, and on and on.
The food was excellent! We had breakfast every morning on the porch off our room. The last night we dined in the main dining room having the five-course dinner. Very, very good.
By the time we left we were talking about our next trip to Elm Creek Manor - truly a jewel of a place.

• Liked — Relaxing and very comfortable
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Antonio
Reviewed July 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed at ECM in early July, and were pleased with the surroundings. We figured it would look more rural that it really does. The grounds had lavish plants and flowers. The house was very clean and extremely well decorated. You really dont feel like your in the middle of the country, but you do get the feeling of privacy and the escape from everyday life. The hosts were very nice and all the staff was more than willing to help you, and cater to your needs.
I loved that pool, I don't normally see that at too many B&Bs. It was
nice to cool off there as well. The food was great, they grow their own vegtables so your always eating fresh. There is always something to nibble on, fresh baked cookies during the day, cheese platters in the ealry evening, and I would highly recommend the dinners there. There to die for! Breakfast was no disapointment either, there was an array of fresh fruit, strudell from the local German bakery, with great scrambled eggs and orange juice.

If your looking to be catered to, this is your place....

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2007

My husband was given a gift certificate from his employees for a stay at Elm Creek for his birthday. We have stayed at many B & B's, but never at one of this caliber. We never wanted for anything, the food was incredible, the owners Marcia and Brad were the best hosts ever. We felt like we were one of the family and felt very relaxed with them and the whole staff. If we could have brought them home with us it would have been heavenly. We couldn't believe how clean and inviting the whole manor was. We stayed in the Austrian Room and was greeted with rose petals on the floor, chocolate dipped strawberries, champagne and fresh baked cookies. The furnishings were remarkable and very much our taste. We love antiques and we also travel abroad and recognized many pieces that we had seen on our many travels. We wish Marcia and Brad great success and happiness. They sure know how to make others happy, they deserve the same. We hope to return in the near future and enjoy the same type of visit we just recently had. We will definitely recommend ECM to our friends and family.
Absolutely pleased,
Nancy and Bob Taylor

• Liked — It's hard to pick one thing. The whole experiience was wonderful
  • Disliked — We drove from Houston area, would like it if they would open another B&B closer to Houston
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Austin
Reviewed July 14, 2007

I wish I knew about this place long ago. I would have utilized their service for sure. This is the type of place to take a woman to not only impress, but purchase enough brownie points to last a long time. (I hve not seen my fiancee in a bad mood since we left two weeks ago). For ladies, the whole spa/massage area won her over, along with the little town antique stores. thankfully I had plenty of mean-time to play 18 which I did not expect to find. (the hills of the area give the turtle (creek, hill?) club a roller coaster golf round). In the afterglow of A long massage I found my love to be quite easily plied for my outing as she anticipated the next round of pampering.
Everything was great, expecially the food, (the wine selection was lacking in variety, but the house choices along with local cheeses and sausages were more than adequate).
Thankyou, we will be coming back.

Stayed July 2007
Dallas
Reviewed July 6, 2007

My husband and I were traveling through Muenster, Texas and decided to stop by this B & B and check it out. We had looked at the website and thought this might be worth the money. We drove up to the gate and called the number on the keypad to access the property. Basically, we were told to go away. They were booked and did not provide tours of their facilities without an appointment. The hotel host was quite abrupt, firm and unwelcoming. We simply wanted to drive onto the property and see if it was worth the cost --- it certainly did not look intruiging from the road. As we were turning to drive away, the entrance gate opened and a hotel worker drove up beside us. She asked if we were there to check in. We replied, "No, we just wanted to take a look around." She said, "There are people walking around in robes right now and we are booked." "Sorry, we don't do tours without an appointment."

My husband and I concluded that any property that denies you access and does not allow you to preview their amenities is probably not worth the money.

First impressions are everything!

Stayed July 2007
muensterinnkeeper, Owner at Elm Creek Manor, responded to this review, July 12, 2007
We do not appologize for not letting individuals in to "look around"

We are an exclusive establishment that caters to prominent individuals along with very discerning guests. We will protect their privacy and their safety.

It is our mission to pamper our guests and exceed their needs, not to be giving tours while we should be attending to our guests.

Our spa reort is not open to the general public. The reason we have a gate is to keep "drive-bys" off the property.

Thank you for confirming to our future guests that we do not just let anyone in to "just take a look around"
mckinney
Reviewed July 4, 2007

OMG! I booked a few weeks in advance. When I checked the website again before I left the house to go there, they had all these new photos about a spa I didn't even know they had.

I was really excided to get there. The place was fab and the people were so friendly. I thought the place and owners were going to be stuffy and uptight but everyone was so down to earth and kind.

I had spa treatments in the new facility and honestly thought I was in a private villa in Italy.

The food was to die for and the service was endless.

I have already booked for NEW YEARS!!!! The party never stops I hear!

You'll love this place I was shocked how great it was.

It is so LUX !!!! :)

• Liked — luxury & frinedliness
  • Disliked — I had to leave
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank tarababy
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 9, 2007

The property was nice, the food was incredible and the room was comfortable. However, we were in one of the three suites in the main house and the couple in the room above us began arguing at 2 am. This continued, off and on, till after 4:00 AM. Loud voices, stomping across the floor and things thrown against the wall. The next morning, my husband told the owner and he said, "Yeah, they woke us up too." No apology, no offer to give us a free upgrade if we returned, nothing. I understand that the owners weren't responsible for the noise, but they could have intervened anytime between 2 and 4 am, apologized to us for the inconvenience, something. We won't be returning.

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — management's response to problem
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
muensterinnkeeper, owner at Elm Creek Manor, responded to this review, April 24, 2007
We had a guest call and tell us that we had a bad review on trip advisor. When we pulled it up we were quite shocked.

We spend a lot of our time and money
trying to maintain excellent service.

We do remember vividly that
particular weekend.

Brad came into the kitchen and told me there had been a quarrel in the
Elm Creek Suite and that the couple out in the herb garden were in the
room below them and had been upset by the overheard argument.

I had briefly heard some noise during the night. However, from our apartment we were not aware of the extent of it.

I filled a gift card with a credit toward a future stay and gave it to the couple that was standing in the hall, who stayed in a room also below the Suite where the quarrel occured.

They went into detail about the fight. I thought maybe it had not disturbed the other guests in the building the next morning as it had not disturbed us.

We only heard the guests come in at 2:30 from the door alarm in our apartment. I figured they were drunk and I was not aware of the apparent fight until Brad
informed me the next morning

I can assure you that had we heard them, we would have put an immediate halt to
it and would have asked them to leave.

Let's not forget that it is highly likely that the stuff being thrown around belongs to us. We would have a vested interest in not having
our property destroyed.

We are known to overcompensate our guests for inconveniences.

We are a place of peace and harmony. Our guests should only take away a feeling of renewal.

Obviously, we can not control out of control guests but we can put a stop to it
when we are made aware of the situation.

Given the fact that this quarrel occured over a two hour period- it seems odd that no one bothered to call us -yet we are often called when a remote contriol does not work properly at 3 in the morning.

Thank you for your understanding.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Muenster
Lindsay Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
Red River Inn & Suites
Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Thackerville

Been to Elm Creek Manor? Share your experiences!