“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Zuni, Virginia, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Hampton Inn & Suites at Mount Pleasant is a very clean and comfortable hotel. The staff was super friendly and went out of their way to assist with everything we need. The pool and exercise room were both clean and well kept. The hot breakfast was very well stocked. Overall outstanding experience and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hello Jay H!

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! It's always nice to hear that our hard work is appreciated. I will definitely pass this wonderful news on to our staff.

While we recognize that you have a choice of lodging establishments in the area, we are very grateful that your choice was us! Please stop by next time you're in town. We are looking forward being your hotel destination!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Iowa Park
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great stay while I was away on business! Love that Hampton Inns have stepped it up on what they have to offer for breakfast. Rooms were very spacious and clean!! Lots of options to watch on the nice size tv. Love the large showers! Room was completely clean everyday after coming back in from a long day at work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello Robin G!

Jennifer here, with Hampton Inn and Suites in Mount Pleasant. I'm glad that you had such a wonderful stay with us! We are very excited to offer our guests the best amenities such as a deluxe hot breakfast and large guest rooms and are even more excited to hear that our hard work is appreciated!

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn and Suites! We look forward to being your lodging destination in the future!

Little Elm, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is the cleanest, best run hotel in the Mt. Pleasant/Mt. Vernon area. I have tried several hotels in the area while on fishing trips this is the best for me. Well lit parking lot to park the boat. Friendly staff. Early breakfast (one time they even made us hot breakfast sandwiches to go for our fishing tournament). The staff is always friendly and accomodating. This most recent trip, my wife joined me for a fishing/sight seeing trip (and she's pretty picky about hotels). She was very pleased to.

Room Tip: I like a room with a view of the west parking lot so I can see my boat.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Hello JeffD!

I am beaming with pride while reading your response, and so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! Give us a call and let us know that you'd like an early breakfast and we'd be more than happy to prepare something for you during your next fishing trip!

Thanks again for choosing Hampton Inn and Suites! We love having you here!

Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stopped in Mount Pleasant to spend Sunday night before heading home Monday. As most of our stays at Hampton I&S have been, nice room, easy check in etc. We usually ask for a room on the first floor and this time were able to get one, so as far as the hotel itself, no one should be concerned about a stay here.

But we did find that with our IPhones, unless you stood on the bed near the top of the window, there was no AT&T phone reception, which in todays world is a little annoying. The WIFI seemed to work fine once we logged in as guests and not HH members. The other thing is to never get assigned a room on the south end of the hotel. In our case we had two issues. The first had nothing to do with the hotel, but a family of 6 decided to stay here and use the pool as their Labor Day vacation and were constantly going inside and out until the pool closed. Now although not this weekend, but at times, I have a big traveling family too, so their is nothing wrong with that, the next time I will just ask to be moved. they did nothing wrong. But the biggest problem I had was with the doors on the stairwells. The did not close slowly, but slammed shut, so any time someone went in or out, (which on the end of the hotel, most people just use the stairs) it sounded like a shotgun going off. This went until around 11 when most people had either checked in or were in for the night. then it started again around 6 as guests began leaving or heading down for breakfast.

So the hotel was good, but lesson learned by me as far as future location to ask for and check the phone reception.

Room Tip: Get away from the stairs and check for cell phone reception
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon GolfGod1956!

Jennifer here, with the Hampton Inn and Suites in Mount Pleasant. I'm sorry to hear that your experience at our hotel was less than perfect! While you are certainly gracious in saying that the noise wasn't our fault, I'd still like to take responsibility for it. I have spoken with my staff and instructed them to keep a closer eye on the pool area. Now that the weather is starting to cool off, more and more guests will take advantage of our indoor pool. So thank you for your insight! In addition, I have had our AT&T signal boosters serviced and they are now operating at optimal perfomance levels. Your next trip out should be comfortable and productive. Please give us a call next time you're in town so that we can take care of your lodging accomodations!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stay in Hampton Inns several times a month. This one exceeded my expectations. The staff was very kind, courteous, and helpful. I normally have good luck at the many Hampton Inns that I stay at, but this one was a cut above. Great accommodations and great staff! I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Tim L.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated! It's so nice to hear that we're doing a good job and that you enjoyed your stay. Please be sure and stop by for a visit next time you're in town!

Hampton Inn and Suites
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel was located in Mount Pleasant, Texas. I have been through Mount Pleasant many times but this is a fairly new hotel and my first stay here. The price was very reasonable and I was pleasantly surprised when we got to the room. The room was huge compared to most hotel rooms where I have stayed. There was a wet bar with sink, refrigerator and coffee maker.
King sized bed with very comfortable mattress. The pillows could be a little more supportive. A large flat screen tv with excellent picture, large closet and very nice bathroom made this a very pleasant stay. I don't know if it was lack of soundproofing or the people in the room above us were sumo wrestlers but their constant tromping back and forth at 5:30 am was irritating. On the whole it was a very good hotel and I would recommend it to anyone. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: A room not too far from the elevators is a good idea. A room on top floor will cut noise from other...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Pleasant, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Good day, DavidLFrazier!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I'm so glad that you enjoyed several of our amenities! The beds really are wonderful, aren't they? And for future visits, please stop by the front desk and we'll be more than happy to give you firmer pillows! We keep a few extras on hand for our guests with different preferences.

Have a wonderful day Mr. Frazier! Come back and see us!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The "greeting" is always a good indicator of how the experiance will be at your stay at any hotel. Hampton Inn at Mount Pleasant is always a great greeting you get when you stay the. The rooms greet you with fresh clean smells. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfast is great with many choices of items to get you going in the morning and the staff, well, the staff is what makes this hotel a great experiance!

• Stayed August 2012
Hello Lbrevard!

This is Jennifer with the Hampton Inn and Suites, Mount Pleasant. Thank you for such a great review! We pride our selves on having the best staff in the area and I will be sure to pass on to them that their top notch customer service is being noticed! Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon!