“old german town” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kloesel's Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Moulton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Austin, Texas
“old german town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

its not fancy, but they cook like grandpa did 60 years ago,, probably. you cant go wrong. good food, great price, and nostalgic on all levels.

Visited July 2013

“The Best in Lavaca County - Consistently!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in this area for 12 years and have dined at every Restaraunt that has popped up from here to Victoria. Kloesel's continues to be consistently great in steaks, seafood, soups, etc., and the only place I am happy to recommend to my customers! I could not survive without a weekly infusion of one of their delicious filet mignons! Beverly Sanders, Owner - Antiques, Art & Beer

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hallettsville, Texas
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

The steaks, particularly the prime rib is some of the best I've ever had, and I've had it all over the states. Sides, especially the haricot verts (green beans) are fresh and super tasty. The service is prompt and friendly. Yes, you will pay about $25.00 for a 12oz. cut of prime rib, but it's worth every cent and beats big city prices by a long shot!

Visited May 2013
Gonzales, Texas
“Consistently Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

It's impossible I think to get bad food at Kloesels. And if you get there on the nights that Harvey Kloesel cooks, you are bound for a meal to remember. He's just a great grill cook. I love the fact that you get BOTH soup (homemade I might add) and salad. And with that they deliver great toasted bread! No need to order appetizers, but they have great ones! For the last several years I have ordered a rib eye. That's my favorite cut and Harvey cooks it just like I like it. Recently I have gone back to ordering the grilled chicken breast with Provolone cheese and grilled mushrooms. I ask him to "lightly" grill it. It is juicy and mouthwatering. My the time I have eaten my soup and salad I might have a little left to take home...which I love to do. They have tasty desserts too if you leave room. During the week they have a lunch special. It's a real middle of the day treat so stop by if your in their neighborhood. They do have a bar and some seating outside for that. They do take reservations. They have a pretty big menu with other grilled items, fish, pasta, oysters, etc. They are $$-$$$ priced depending on what you order. They consistently have good wait staff also. That's important. You can sign up and get $10 off your meal during your birthday month! They are easy to find in a big yellow house like building next to the railroad tracks. I do not think you will be disappointed!

• Visited May 2013
Hunt, Texas
“Good but not a Destination”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you find yourself driving through Central Texas and in the small farming community of Moulton then Kloesel's is a nice place to stop. Daily lunch specials and open direct from 11:00 til 9. The plate lunch we had of Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, gravy, salad, dessert and bread at $8.99 was a bargain. This is not a restaurant to drive hours to have a gourmet country meal, but it was certainly good.

• Visited May 2013