“Great Food And Service”

The Big Sombrero
Ranked #12 of 84 Restaurants in Montgomery
“Great Food And Service”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

From the Dirty Donkey to the Super Appetizer you just can't go wrong with this restaurant. Menu is large but not overwhelming like in most Mexican restaurants. The plate dishes are served with the standard rice and beans and substations are handled with ease.
Appetizer cheese sauces can be ordered with ground beef or even fajita meat for $1-1.50 extra and we'll worth it. Chicken and Shrimp Diablo are out of this world.
Everything is prepared fresh and made to order and one of the cleanest restaurants I have been in. Clean restaurant means a clean kitchen to me and the quality of the food shows it.
They are located on 105 West just pass the Walden Road intersection about 12 miles west of Conroe and about 3 miles before you get into Montgomery.

1 Thank tm100

Houston, TX
“Good food - will be back”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Tried the place on a whim while in Conroe. Glad that we did. It is rather dark inside. We started with queso with ground meat. Very good. Their salsa is served warm which I really like. I had the tacos al carbon - the meat was very flavorful. My husband had chucked flautas which he said were also very good. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the rice - I can deal with corn in Mexican rice, but theirs has grab beans and Lima beans... Odd... Definitely will be back.

1 Thank TexasTravelerLover
Montgomery, Texas
“Guacamole”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Best guacamole made table side. Food is your normal tex mex. Went there one day after church hoping to have a mexican breakfast but it's not on the menu. Settled for the super appetizer which hubby and I split and it was plenty of food. Their salsa is served warm and very tasty.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Margie B
“Best Tex-Mex in Montgomery, Texas!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Authentic Tex-Mex food served in a festive Mexican atmosphere. Great Margaritas and fabulous fajitas! We love this place!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Flyingphyl
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Mexican Food, HUGE Restaurant!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have been here several times and have each time tried something different from their menu. They make a great white queso! We order it every time we go. I have had the Dirty Donkey [one of their main/publicized dishes], Spinach Enchiladas, and Enchiladas Verdes. All were exceptionally delicious! The atmosphere is welcoming, we were always there for lunch. They have very bright and festive décor. From what I gathered, they are a HUGE hit at night, although I have never experience it.

Of all of the times I have been here, we have only received unsatisfactory service once. I was with four other friends and all of us had empty drinks, and after delivering our food, the waiter never came by again. This was actually at our first visit. But, the food was so good, we had to come back!

• Visited August 2013