“Mmmm. Mmmm. Good”

McKenzie's Barbeque & Burgers Montgomery
Ranked #7 of 84 Restaurants in Montgomery
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Mmmm. Mmmm. Good”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have been to this restaurant several times before and knew we had to go again on this trip. Even the grand kids loved their BBQ, beans, and fried pickles! Yummmm!

Visited July 2014

“Ribs were sawsome! ”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The ribs were great. One of the best I have had. I got the four meat plate. Ribs, pulled pork, brisket, and Turkey. It was all good except my portion for four meat was about the same as two meats. I expected allot more. The sides were ok nothing special. I really must say they do know how to throw down on the grill though. Will visit again.

Montgomery, Texas
“good barbecue”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We eat here often especially at noon. They offer free beans with every meal. The turkey is excellent. Their French fries and onion rings are homemade and excellent.

• Visited May 2014
“Bad Brisket”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

So the billboard on 105 West just as your leaving Conroe, and be glad you are, touts to "Start Your BBQ" adventure here.....or something like that.
Well let me tell you I'd drive to my next location and start there!
I ordered a sliced beef sandwich and a 1lb. sliced beef brisket bulk on the side to go. Had my order with 5 minutes and out the door.
Sandwich was chopped upon opening and real wet. That was a new one for me. I did order sos so that was not the issue. It was just fatty gooo. Yuck. Opened up my 1lb container and sliced brisket! Yeah! But not much in it for 1lb. As I examined closer my suspicions were correct. The speed in which my order was delivered was that the bulk brisket had been cut very thick. Reason just plain fatty brisket.
If I hadn't been on the go I would have returned it!
Do yourself a favor and just drive on by this joint!

2 Thank tm100
Montgomery, Texas
“bbq”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Good solid food and service. nice location in Montgomery. A new place named Kicking Ash just across from the cowboy church has better food but not open every day only Friday-Sunday.

• Visited May 2014