“Unknown Gem”

Ranked #1 of 3 Montgomery B&B and Inns
Cypress, Texas, United States
“Unknown Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hodge Podge for a anniversary getaway and could not have been happier. The house is beautiful tucked away off the street, complete attention to detail inside. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. The house had snacks, water, juice available to us in the kitchen.
The breakfast was absolutely wonderful and filling. Sitting in the breakfast area overlooking the beautiful outside made it perfect.
We would definitely recommend to others and WIll be returning in the future ourselves.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Robin S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Montgomery, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband & I live in this quaint & historical town of Montgomery. I wanted to experience this B & B before I send friends or family there when we have an overflow at our own home. I must say we were extremely pleased with the entire stay. From the warm welcome upon arrival,a restful night sleep, to our scrumptious breakfast! Everything exceeded our expectations!It was clear Nicola & John went out of their way to make us feel like we were home, only a bit more on the spoiled side! The property is almost fairytale like in appearance, especially in the court yard area. It would be a wedding venue a princess would appreciate. Hopefully my grand daughter can be married there.What a true treasure & beauty that has graced our town.Job well done you guys! The history & hospitality begs you to stay & rest awhile!So while your there(HPL) enjoy the shops,restaurants & local wineries all within strolling distance,who knows you may want to stay & become a part of this charming little gem known as Montgomery, birth place of the Texas flag! You just may sense you have traveled back in time, to a time of ease,quite & simplicity. I believe you won't be disappointed in the Hodge Podge Lodge, "It's simply captivating" See you around town maybe :-) Enjoy!

Room Tip: All the bedrooms are a good choice! Oh & the fitness center there is none, but a walk to the par...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Missouri City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I were fortunate to find Hodge Podge Lodge quite by accident. What a true gem for Montgomery County and surrounding areas. The owners took a spacious Historic home and revitalized it as not just a B&B, but also the most picturesque property for any special event you could imagine. As I walked around I could picture the perfect baby or bridal shower, book club luncheon, etc. The house and grounds are ideal for a romantic wedding or anniversary reception.

The owners have considered every detail in providing comfort and quiet solitude. The house is walking distance from restaurants, shops, and wineries. This is the perfect "weekend getaway" from Houston. My husband particularly appreciated that every room comes with a private bath. :) Both the King and Queen room in the main house are bright and sunny with windows on three of the four sides. The furniture is a "hodge podge" that ably compliments the house and each room.

As someone who loves history, I was particularly enthralled with the story of the home and it's previous owners.

Book your reception or event now. Call them for availability if you need a quiet relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I had the opportunity to stay at the Hodge Podge Lodge for just one night on Saturday, March 3, 2013. The house and property grounds are beautiful and it is easy to see just how much loving care went into all the details. The owners, John and Nikola, are very friendly and helpful. We stayed in the Shirley room which is the biggest of the three (so far) and we had the luck of being the only ones in the house for the night. There are seating areas outside that are very beautiful and that we would have loved to use but it was a little chilly at the time. The house is in a wonderful area with many places within walking distance, including a couple of wineries. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The Shirley room is very spacious and away from the other bedrooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carmen724
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
BEST WESTERN Lake Conroe Inn
Super 8 Montgomery/ Lake Conroe
Hampton Inn & Suites Conroe - I-45 North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe
Days Inn & Suites Conroe North

Been to Hodge Podge Lodge? Share your experiences!