“Deer Lake a lodge and Spa that jump started my organic eating transformation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montgomery
Deer Lake Lodge Resort & Spa
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Deer Lake a lodge and Spa that jump started my organic eating transformation”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I arrived at Deer Lake Lodge and Spa, not exactly sure what my personal expectation was,but knew I was ready for a lifestyle change. I was fed up with chasing the wheel of sugar ,caffeine, fast food ,and easy processed junk that was no longer a sensible quick fix. I found it easy to have A daily schedule of detox drinks ,juices,teas , water, and a delicious vegetable soup that were easy to make and we're available whenever I wanted to get them . The lovely April (Sweet Mama) a passionate raw organic food specialist was at the Lodge during my stay she provided classes which was very educational . She introduced me to essential oils, and easy ways to prepare delicious food for my future of Organic eating and healthy living. I was very pleased with the staff, the grounds ,and the whole concept behind a detox program. I feel you really have to put in 100% commitment to really grasp the benefit of detoxing. I really wanted to stay longer at the Lodge, the energy and environment made it easy to stay on track and forget about the crazy world around you ,I enjoyed the spa services ,Yoga and could sleep in peace without interruption. Upon leaving the Lodge I was in a state of Euphoria,I left all my negative energy and was filled with happiness and a clear outlook on life free of the garbage had stored in my body. I still try to grasp that feeling i experienced at Deer Lake Lodge,I will make the Spa an annual trip to just reboot my mind body and. spirit .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mariana B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! This is a hard core detox facility. It is a grueling program that makes every juice fast I've ever done or heard of look like a walk in the park. They call the program "semi-fasting juicing." In fact, it is not a juice fast. It is am organic detox program with a little juice added in. I'm not upset with the program. I'm upset with the lack of disclosure. Here's the daily intake schedule:
Breakfast - Detox Drink (olive oil based sludge that is hard to get down) and some supplements.
Lunch - Detox Drink, 8 ounces of either veggie or carrot juice, and some supplements. Three kinds of tea (one that is challenging to get down).
Dinner - Raw veggie soup and some supplements.
The detox drink was more than I could bear. The taste was so bad that by the end of the first day, I felt nauseated by the smell of the ingredients just walking into the fasting lounge. The idea of drinking that twice a day for multiple days was more than I could bear and I left the spa after the first day.
I was appalled by both the lack of juice and the lack of variety. Hello?!?! I am paying for a juice fast and I can get more variety at a hotel than I can at this juice spa.
There were more mundane problems like the fact that everything was completely self-service and the education was not the most refined (talented people but not talented educators). Oh, and lots and lots of bees and wasps by the pool. I could have gotten past all of that but I could not get past the fact that I had signed on for a juice fast and the reality was I was expected to have very little juice and a lot of sludge. This is not a spa for relaxation or renewal. It is an ordeal to be endured. It may be right for some people (I can't think of anyone I know) but it was beyond wrong for me.
BTW, I asked the resort to do more disclosure on their website and they said they would consider it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
15 Thank Chele32789
Bedford, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2014

When travelling to Houston it is worth taking a 40 minute drive to Montgomery and visiting Deer Lake Lodge. It is truly world class. A totally relaxing, refreshing and renewing experience. The facials and massages are second to none.

It is an eco friendly and charming spa to visit.

Leave your cares behind and be sure to put Deer Lake Lodge on your itinerary.

Marg Fisher
Bedford, Nova Scotia

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Margaret F
Spring, Texas
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was thrilled when this spa opened so close to home and have now gone twice this year for a detox. The spa staff is so friendly and accommodating. The yoga classes are a great way to start each day-loved the chakra yoga class Erin gave. The educational classes they offer are very informative. The rooms are charming and comfortable. The services are all awesome. I give it an A+++! Looking forward to my next weekend there in April already and I just got home!
Victoria Rice- Spring, TX

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank vfrice
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was amazed by my entire experience at Deer Lake Lodge . The property was so beautiful, rustic, and charming. The staff was truly caring and passionate about the work. All my worries disappeared as soon as I made it out there. I especially enjoyed the woodsy scenic views. I was impressed with how well Deer Lake Lodge was able to marry elegance, sustainability, and world class service in such wonderful package neatly tucked away from the hectic city life. While I was there I was able to take full advantage of their detox program and lost 7 pounds. Never did it feel like I was on a diet, I just enjoyed the company of great people and the amenities offered. I also booked their Signature Facial, which was fantastic, Carolyn did an amazing job my face looks and feels so much better....dare I say glowing. Overall superb, I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to get away, reboot there system, or learn more about healthy living.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank hien s
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 1, 2013

What an amazing place! We have travelled to many spas but I was so thrilled to see a world class spa here in Texas. Definitely one of the best. You can't beat the natural smell of fresh cedar and fresh herbs. I normally find pools too cold, but this one was blissfully heated. The staff is very professional, but very down to earth. This is a great getaway with lots to do like detoxing,, yoga, hiking, and swimming. I love that it is a short drive away and will be back.

Room Tip: Some roms face the pool, which is nice, and some face the woods, which is more private. I like facin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SPDmom25
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I just got back from a quick retreat at Deer Lake Lodge, and it was fantastic! Within minutes of arriving, I was lounging by the salt water pool and felt all the stress and tension just melt away. I've worked in spa operations before (several years ago), and I had forgotten how rejuvenating a trip to a place like this can be. The lodge is especially nice - every little detail in the design of the property, the treatment menu, and the caring staff make it a unique and lovely experience.
I'm going back for another stay as soon as possible!

Room Tip: They all look nice, but the cabins are especially neato.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SuGibson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Best Western Lake Conroe Inn
Hyatt Centric The Woodlands
Hyatt Centric The Woodlands
#5 of 18 in The Woodlands
Super 8 Montgomery/ Lake Conroe
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe
La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center

Been to Deer Lake Lodge Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!