“Family owned and run ”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
“Family owned and run ”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The food here is pretty good (when they don't run out of it). I've ordered to go orders and both times they've messed up the order. So take your chances.

Bryan, Texas
“Gotta Get The Pulled Pork!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you stop in here you must try the pulled pork sandwich on grilled toast. To. Die. For! I've been here several times and always get this so I can't recommend other items on the menu - yet. Good hometown folks own the restaurant.

Visited January 2014
Houston, Texas
“Best Bar-B-Que”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have not had bar-b-que this good in a while. The meat was so tender and lean in my sliced beef sandwich. I also had the macaroni and cheese, spicy beans, and banana pudding. They were all great! If I know anybody will be traveling through Montgomery I will make sure they stop at Kickin Ash!

I would gave this place 4 stars instead of 5 because of the service. Our waitress was very attentive but it took her forever to take our orders and then get stuff out. There seemed to be no urgency at all. Everyone usually moves slow in small towns, so maybe that is just the way they work.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ella-Berella
fredericksburg,va
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We got there at 7:15pm and it became apparent once the waitress came over that they were out of almost everything. Had ribs(just ok, probably had been sitting there for awhile) and brisket(tasty but dry). But there were very few sides.Our fault for just not leaving. Won't be back. Disappointed because I had read on this site all the good reviews. If you run out of food, just shut down early. Nothing special about this Montgomery instution at all.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank saledmonds
Houston, Texas
“Great Montgomery BBQ”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This little family run business was a great discovery for us. About a dozen motorcyclists on a day ride converted, and we got seated and served efficiently. The BBQ was above average. My wife and I tired the beef brisket sandwich and pulled pork sandwich. Flavorful, moist, tender. The spicy pinto beans were great. Only open Fri-sun, but definitely a good place to end an outing.

• Visited October 2013