“Very nice and comfortable Best Western”

Best Western Lake Conroe Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Montgomery
Bonita
“Very nice and comfortable Best Western”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Priced right with all the nice accommodations you expect from a motel, great lake view and courteous staff. Quiet motel with plenty of parking. No complaints at all. Look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed two nights in this Best Western the weekend we attended the Texas Renaissance Festival. Although it is not terribly close to the festival itself, it's not too long a drive and is off of I-45. We notified them ahead of time checked in late and the receptionist quickly checked us in with no problem. The room was comfortable and clean. There were a few problems, however.

First, they are skimpy on amenities. For example, we had one tiny soap for the bath and one for the sink on the first night. But on the second day, they removed the soap by the sink and forgot to replace it. Needless to say, when you return from the festival at 10pm and start stripping off your costume only to discover there's only 1 soap to share between the tub and the sink, you're not really in the mood to call the front desk for a replacement. Also, there were three "large towels" in our room, but we had two adults and two kids, and 3 of us had long hair. We could have used a few more towels.

Secondly, due to the fact that rooms connect directly to an exterior staircase rather than an internal hallway, there is a lot of noise from late revelers and early risers who congregate in the parking lot or along the stairwell.

Overall, I would rate this hotel "acceptable" or maybe even "good for the price" but certainly not "very good" or "excellent." If you're going to the Texas Renaissance Festival and can't find anything closer, it'll do. But I've been happier with the other hotels I've stayed in in the past, so I can't really recommend this one too highly for the reasons given above.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Texas, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed one night. We, meaning 2 adults and one child, stayed in a double bed room. It was very clean and smelled fresh. The bathroom was sparkling! I would have liked a more comfortable bed, though. I woke up with sore spots from the bed.
The breakfast was not very tasty at all. I would recommend visiting one of the many local restaurants nearby instead. It was a great value for the money, plus a fantastic view of the lake! There is a small lakeside park across 105 that is a great place for families. ($2 per person fee)
It was super close to the wedding venue we were going to that night (Amber Springs)-less than 2 miles.

Room Tip: I was worried about hearing highway noises, but the elevation of the hotel kept that from being a pr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sonja C
Waco, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

A very good hotel. It has a great view of the lake. Would stay there again. The room was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location. Easy to find. Near several restaurants and stores. I have nothing else to say about this hotel but trip advisor is having me write a minimum of 200 characters.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 4, 2013

1) I prepaid via the internet, upon arriving at the hotel, the desk clerk attempted to charge my credit card again. I re-stated I had already been charged and wasn't going to allow her to charge my card again. She finally found something that said my room was prepaid and checked me in; 2) Upon arriving at the room, I turned on the AC and it blew straight up into the curtains, I took 4 coat hangers to rig the curtains closed while the AC was on; 3) I pulled back the bed spread and 2 small black roaches scampered away, I took the bed spread, turned it upside down and used it as a sleeping bag; 4) The pillow case had stains, thank God I travel with my own pillow; 5) Around midnight I was awakened by the pneumatic toilet making a loud humming noise, the only way to stop the noise was to flush the toilet, this happened every two hours all night long; 6) The next morning, I pulled a towel off the rack and the whole towel rack came off the wall with the towel; 7) I tried using the iron only to find it leaked water all over my shirt. I am a Diamond member with Best Western and surprised this hotel carries the Best Western name.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jcoxlandman
Carencro, Louisiana
Reviewed September 3, 2013

we had extra guests at our Vacation House, So We UseD the Best Western as it overflow hotel room... the gUests that stayed there always haD the best breakfast.

we have the room for a week I stay there 3 nights... the room was clean large and the bathroom was great.

we will definitely use this place again

• Stayed July 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very clean, prompt response to needs, convenient to Lake, east-west access. Lots of shopping and food close by. Even the parking lot was clean! Pool was nice. Internet was easy to access and worked perfectly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Super 8 Montgomery/ Lake Conroe
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe
Hampton Inn & Suites Conroe - I-45 North
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR
Days Inn & Suites Conroe North
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 14 in Conroe

Been to Best Western Lake Conroe Inn? Share your experiences!