“It is now La Torretta Golf Club”

Del Lago Golf Course
Ranked #13 of 19 things to do in Montgomery
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by player/architects Jay Riviere and Dave Marr, this 18-hole championship golf course stretches 6,794 yards and features scenic tree-lined fairways, cascading waterfalls, bubbling fountains, eleven lakes and more than 50 bunkers.
Houston, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“It is now La Torretta Golf Club”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Well I guess it is still winter golf!
Nice layout though. As tough as you can handle from the tips! At least today in the extremely stiff "breeze" - probably at least 25-30 mph. Sometimes as much as a 3-4 club wind. Most likely a little more fair from the other boxes.
The greens were in pretty rough shape. So, not much opportunity to save some strokes with the flat stick!
We got a deal on the greens fees, otherwise I would have been a lot more disappointed. $75 would have been over the top for the current conditions.
I would give them another chance and play again when the greens are back.
The pro and staff were very friendly. And pace of play was great. We waited on no one and played in about three hours and forty five minutes.

Recommend waiting until the course has come back from the winter.

Visited March 2012

Bartlesville, Ok
“Crumbling Apart”
Reviewed March 13, 2006

My company held a sales meeting at this resort recently and I was embarrassed that we had customers in attendance. The golf course was referred to as "the browns". Folks conducting seminars would stomp the roaches that ran across the room during presentations. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off and the carpet and upholstery in my room was old, stained and nasty. One person mentioned that they had to take the toilet tank lid off to flush the toilet in their room. Every time I took a shower I was up to my shins in tubwater before I got out. I felt sorry for the few young families I saw that had actually paid money to be there. I would have been furious. You can tell this was a great place once upon a time. I hope they invest something in it before it crumbles apart.

Houston, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wouldn't go again”
Reviewed August 18, 2003

Stayed there last Memorial Day weekend. The whole place needs an overhaul. The carpet was so yucky I kept my sandles on the whole time.
Behind the blinds on the windows were dead bugs, filth and grime. The kitchenette was filthy, didn't have anything stocked to use, so be sure to bring your own stuff. I was leary of sitting on the furniture. The deck was gross - it was dirty and had dead bugs everywhere. On a trip down to the marina area, the walkway fencing had cobwebs and dead bugs that looked like they had been there for years. The pool was so green, I thought I would loose my children in there if they went under water.
It was supposedly from the pollen. yeah right. It is not worth the money, but unfortunately, it is the only hotel on Lake Conroe. Proceed with caution.