TripAdvisor
Montgomery
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews guest house both mornings perfect weekend the main house breakfast was delicious girls weekend bed and breakfast antique shops other guests walking distance down the road mary acre accommodations suite texas noise
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Mary runs an excellent B&B--she treated us like family--and her breakfasts were fabulous.

One of our sons got married at Bernhardt Winery which is about 12 minutes away from Montgomery. We rented the entire Caroline House property so that our family (15 people, ages 1 to 91) could stay together on Friday and Saturday nights. Everyone throughly enjoyed the lodging, public spaces, and breakfast.

I liked the rooms in the main house itself--my wife and I stayed upstairs, but the entire property was fun. The living/kitchen area in the house in the rear was perfect for getting everyone together.

Thanks Mary for a stay that made a memorable time of our lives even better.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Steve K
Reviewed March 2, 2018

What a gorgeous home, beautifully decorated, yet very cozy! Every room is designed to compliment this historic home. Mary, the innkeeper, is so personable and accommodating! She goes above and beyond southern hospitalty. Every breakfast meal was exceptionally delicious! Every evening of our stay, she offered yummy snacks. Mary made us feel like a part of her family. Wonderful experience! I highly recommend you book a stay at this "exceptional" bed and breakfast!

Room tip: Every room at this bed and breakfast is beautiful and comfortable.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank AnneMyrick
Reviewed February 27, 2018

This beautifully appointed historic home provided a blissful night of quiet sleep in a bed made cozy with a down comforter, quilts, and lots of pillows. I had a private en suite bath and a vase of fresh flowers to enjoy. There was no noise from other guests and I woke up to the sound of birds. In the evening the owner Mary offered complimentary wine and brownies and in the morning I was served an opulent breakfast at her formal dining table. The Caroline House is walking distance from Montgomery's shops , restaurants and churches. Although I stayed in the main house there were two other out-buildings I could have chosen. The owner was very gracious and eager to meet my expectations.

Room tip: Each room is different and special in its own way
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Cynthia R
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous weekend! Best B&B around. Historic House is absolutely beautifully restored and decorated! Hospitality and food was also amazing. Highly recommend staying here!
Close / walking distance to Historic downtown Montgomery and driving distance to Conroe. Loved it here!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank keathab2017
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed with Ms Mary for two nights. It was the best experience we have ever had at a bed and breakfast!

We stayed in the large cabin which Mary has converted into an amazing retreat!
Both mornings Mary fixed an outstanding breakfast and we were served like royalty.

That means a lot to this momma of 7.
I didn’t know what to do with myself and kept asking if I could help. Clear the table, do dishes, anything! Mary wouldn’t hear of it but served, cleared and washed cheerfully.
We will be coming back!