We booked this hotel after getting a special package that included the room, 25% off at the spa, breakfast, and dinner. They allowed us to check in early because our room was ready. First impression was how quiet it was. It was very obvious this was not their busy time of year. This did not bother us because we were there for a nice quiet weekend.
We got up to our room and were very impressed with the room. The decor was inviting, the room was clean, everything was perfect. We had a view of the harbor. It was a rainy day, but I still really enjoyed the view!
We were feeling a little hungry and decided to eat before heading over to the spa. We went down to the Mokka Cafe'. This was the only thing I really wasn't impressed with. We got 3 waters, a mozzarella & tomato plate, and a turkey sandwich. $30 for just that! We now wish we would have ordered lunch while at the spa.
We get to the spa and are instantly greated with friendly staff. We are brought back to change into our robes. While getting ready we are brought wine. We proceed to head out to the relaxing areas and wait to be called. I was first. My first treatment was the Signature Facial. My face felt cleaned and refreshed when it was done. It was very relaxing too (I fell asleep!). I then head out to wait for my next treatment. Soon I am back getting the 50 minute Butter Body Massage. The used a combination of mango, pineapple, and coconut oils. I had told the therapist that my back had been bothering me. She must have worked on my back for at least 30 minutes. When it was over my back was, and still is, no longer bothering me! Then it was time for a Tropical Mani/ Pedi. Yet another wonderful experience. When it was all over we took showers at the spa. You HAVE to use their showers. That is an experience it itself! Also there are massage chairs and a steam room available for while you wait for your treatments. My sister for a package called Essence of Thailand and said it was wonderful.
We then went back to our room and cleaned up. We had a few hours until out reservation for dinner so we decided to go to the sushi bar. My sister is a sushi expert, I am still a beginner. We told the chef we wanted him to recommend some things. What he gave us got better with every plate. First he gave us asparagus with a sauce and eel on it. WONDERFUL. Next we for a Dynamite Roll. FANTASTIC. Finally we tried the Pork Belly. FABULOUS! I am so glad I decided to go outside my comfort zone. The food was AMAZING! And the chef rocked. He was good at what he did, he knew he was good at what he did, and he wanted to make sure we knew it.
Once it was time for our reservations we went to Prime for dinner. There were all of 5 tables with people at them. The place was dead! I ordered the NY Steak and potatoes. The steak was a little tough, but I enjoyed it all the same. I will say all 3 of us kept saying we would have preferred to go back and have sushi for dinner. We had already paid to eat at Prime though.
We went back to our room and relaxed after that. When it was time for bed I fell asleep very quickly. The bed was very comfortable.
The next morning we went to have breakfast at Prime for the buffet. I have no complaints. There was a man making omelets and waffles. There was also eggs, sausage, bacon, oatmeal, quiche, yogurt, grits, fruit, and more.
I was very sad to go. We had a wonderful experience. We started planning to come back before we had left!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed as the perfect retreat for a team building experience or a family getaway, La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa is an escape destination located on beautiful Lake Conroe an easy hour north of downtown Houston that provides the ideal setting for highly productive business functions, extraordinary social gatherings, rejuvenating family vacations, and romantic couples getaways. La Torretta is an easy getaway – a place to go for a great meal, a workout, a round of golf, or for some pampering at the Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Torretta Lake Resort And Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas
- La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas Hotel Montgomery
- La Torretta Del Lago Hotel
- La Torretta Del Lago Resort