“Already planning our next girls weekend here!”

La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed January 17, 2011

We booked this hotel after getting a special package that included the room, 25% off at the spa, breakfast, and dinner. They allowed us to check in early because our room was ready. First impression was how quiet it was. It was very obvious this was not their busy time of year. This did not bother us because we were there for a nice quiet weekend.

We got up to our room and were very impressed with the room. The decor was inviting, the room was clean, everything was perfect. We had a view of the harbor. It was a rainy day, but I still really enjoyed the view!

We were feeling a little hungry and decided to eat before heading over to the spa. We went down to the Mokka Cafe'. This was the only thing I really wasn't impressed with. We got 3 waters, a mozzarella & tomato plate, and a turkey sandwich. $30 for just that! We now wish we would have ordered lunch while at the spa.

We get to the spa and are instantly greated with friendly staff. We are brought back to change into our robes. While getting ready we are brought wine. We proceed to head out to the relaxing areas and wait to be called. I was first. My first treatment was the Signature Facial. My face felt cleaned and refreshed when it was done. It was very relaxing too (I fell asleep!). I then head out to wait for my next treatment. Soon I am back getting the 50 minute Butter Body Massage. The used a combination of mango, pineapple, and coconut oils. I had told the therapist that my back had been bothering me. She must have worked on my back for at least 30 minutes. When it was over my back was, and still is, no longer bothering me! Then it was time for a Tropical Mani/ Pedi. Yet another wonderful experience. When it was all over we took showers at the spa. You HAVE to use their showers. That is an experience it itself! Also there are massage chairs and a steam room available for while you wait for your treatments. My sister for a package called Essence of Thailand and said it was wonderful.

We then went back to our room and cleaned up. We had a few hours until out reservation for dinner so we decided to go to the sushi bar. My sister is a sushi expert, I am still a beginner. We told the chef we wanted him to recommend some things. What he gave us got better with every plate. First he gave us asparagus with a sauce and eel on it. WONDERFUL. Next we for a Dynamite Roll. FANTASTIC. Finally we tried the Pork Belly. FABULOUS! I am so glad I decided to go outside my comfort zone. The food was AMAZING! And the chef rocked. He was good at what he did, he knew he was good at what he did, and he wanted to make sure we knew it.

Once it was time for our reservations we went to Prime for dinner. There were all of 5 tables with people at them. The place was dead! I ordered the NY Steak and potatoes. The steak was a little tough, but I enjoyed it all the same. I will say all 3 of us kept saying we would have preferred to go back and have sushi for dinner. We had already paid to eat at Prime though.

We went back to our room and relaxed after that. When it was time for bed I fell asleep very quickly. The bed was very comfortable.

The next morning we went to have breakfast at Prime for the buffet. I have no complaints. There was a man making omelets and waffles. There was also eggs, sausage, bacon, oatmeal, quiche, yogurt, grits, fruit, and more.

I was very sad to go. We had a wonderful experience. We started planning to come back before we had left!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 11, 2011

I purchased the Living Social package, which included a spa credit of $150. However, it was not a good deal at all because the spa prices that were shown online were $90 for a 50 minute massage. However, when we got there they charged us $130 per massage + a 21% required gratuity. The male manager of the spa was rude and told us that they needed the massage room immediately after the massage was over in a rude manner. The massage was not a good massage at all. It was a very lazy massage where they barely use any pressure on your body even after I requested more pressure. This overcharging by the spa negated any savings that we received from the Living Social package. The resort seemed understaffed and unkept with cob webs and dirty windows all over the exterior of the property. The rooms were fine and well decorated.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
SEdwards32, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2011

Dear Reviewer68 ,
We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences and misconceptions regarding the package you purchased through Living Social. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and will look into addressing these issues right away. We hope to see you again at La Torretta so we may offer you a better experience.

Reviewed January 10, 2011

Great Social Living package made this getaway very affordable for our anniversary celebration. The Spa was our favorite part of the hotel...really nice, clean, and professional. The main hotel is attractive, but needs some deep cleaning ( windows and entry way ceiling) that kind of take away from the lovely exterior views. This is definitely the "off season", so the plus was that we got a lot of personal attention from the polite staff. The minus being that Chez Roux was closed, and the Piano Bar player did not perform...both I'm told are great! Guess we'll have to plan another getaway soon to enjoy those amenities!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
SEdwards32, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

Dear MaryL515,
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at La Torretta, and Happy Anniversary! We are very disappointed that you were not able to experience Chez Roux, however it closes from January 2nd - 24th so that the chefs and employees from overseas can go home for a holiday. The pianist will also return with the busy season. We look forward to your return so you can experience everything this beautiful resort has to offer.

Reviewed December 28, 2010

Great service, friendly staff. "The Prime" restaurant serves one of the best steaks I have had in years. However , of the several restaurants that were advised, it was the only one that was open. The suite was great. The golf course was ok and probably best played in the spring, fall or summer....sandy greens and bunkers were full of leaves. Be prepared to either pay $10+tax to park or park in a dirt lot, away from hotel. Also, prepare to pay 33% more than quoted for suite in resort fees and taxes. Add 21 % more for spa service charges as well.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear MCPOUSNRET,
We greatly appreciate the feedback regarding your recent stay at La Torretta, and are happy to hear you were pleased with the service. In addition to providing top-notch service and comfortable guest suites, we pride ourselves on offering amenities you won't find anywhere else on Lake Conroe. The $15 resort fee (per day, per room) allows guests to enjoy the many amenities the resort has to offer such as the 3.5 acre aqua park, miniature golf, tennis courts, 24 hour fitness facility and more. We are always working to improve our guests' experiences and your feedback helps us to do so. We look forward to seeing you again at La Torretta!

Reviewed November 29, 2010

While we did not take advantage of any of the amenities beyond the fitness center, heated outdoor pool, and miniature golf, we were pleasantly surprised by the accomodations and atmosphere. We definately plan to return with the kids in warmer weather. While not the Hyatt Lost Pines, the property is close to Houston at a reasonable price. Great weekend getaway.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
SEdwards32, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2010

Dear Houston2011,
Thank you for visiting La Torretta and sharing your experience! We take great pride in offering four diamond accomodations, and are so happy to hear you were pleased with your stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family again when the weather warms up.

Reviewed November 27, 2010

We loved it!!!! It was peaceful and quiet! Great romantic getaway for this time of year. Saw or heard no kids. Heated pool and spas were empty!! Would bring kids in summer because it does appear to be a place they would enjoy.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear tyj61,
We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay! If you are looking for peace and quiet and a romantic getaway, now is the perfect time of year to visit La Torretta, as it is our off season. If you are looking for fun in the sun with plenty of activities for kids and adults alike, make your reservations at La Torretta for the summer time! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 27, 2010

Booked a weekend with another family with 3 children for the Texas Renaissance Festival. They had a decent package deal which included Festival tickets for 3 days and shuttle service to the Festival, which we did not use.
My first impression was favorable. It's located lake side, beautiful views, and seemed very quiet and relaxing. Then I got out of the truck and went inside. There was one clerk at the desk and one person ahead of me. After being on the road for 4 hours with two screaming babies, I was ready to get to my room. So I waited...and waited. When I finally got to the desk, I discovered we were 2 floors away from the family we booked the weekend with, and I have not seen another soul on our floor all weekend. Then I was told that valet parking was mandatory. Well, not really mandatory, but it was made to sound so inconvenient to self park that I elected to valet park at $10 per day. So my family and I get to our room, put the kids to bed and order room service. About 50 minutes and $60 later our pizza and club sandwich and soup arrive. The pizza dough was raw and missing the anchovies which they didn't tell me they were out of. We were refunded the price of the pizza and given a complimentary dessert. Now we can finally relax. The room itself was great. Modern decor, two rooms seperated by a door. A large bathroom with a seperate tub and shower. Two large, flat screen TVs. The bed was very comfortable and to my surprise, they had placed two cribs in the room as requested.
The next morning we met our friends at the breakfast buffet in the conference center. Pretty much your standard breakfast buffet. We get the ticket, $46 for two breakfasts and two juices. I've had better breakfast at Homewood Suites, and that was free!
Later that night after returning from the Festival, my wife wanted cookies and milk. We decided to try room service one more time. Forty five minutes later our cookies arrive. My wife ordered skim milk. It literally tasted like they added water to whole milk to make it skim. Are you kidding me? We check out in the morning. I'm interested to see what happens when I go to pay my bill.
Nice room and facilities overall and great package deal, but the room service was absolutely the worst i've seen, and the place was dead.
If valet parking is mandatory because you don't have the proper parking lot, don't make the customers pay for it.
If this is truly a fine "resort", make the food and ammenities match the price.
One final comment. If you have small children, please keep them off the balconies. I took my 19 month old son on our 12th floor balcony and he could have easily slipped through the railing and fallen if he was unsupervised.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
SEdwards32, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2010

Dear maginvester,
We at La Torretta sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We would like to assure you that the proper steps are being taken to correct these service issues and to ensure our guests' stays are above and beyond expectations. We hope you will return to La Torretta and enjoy a better experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Best Western Lake Conroe Inn
Super 8 Montgomery/ Lake Conroe
Embassy Suites by Hilton The Woodlands at Hughes Landing
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe
SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR

Been to La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!