We have been going to Del Lago, now La Torretta, for years. Anyone who went to the old hotel/conference center will really appreciate and experience the "WOW" factor regarding the renovations to the hotel. The property has really been transformed from a lake lodge feel into a first class retreat. While the propery and staff still need some refining, the hotel and ammenties are great. The standard room conists of a bedroom and a living area. The rooms have been completely transformed. They are now high end rooms and I was very impressed. The living area had a sofa, four chairs, a desk, bar area -frige, minibar, etc., and a large flat screen tv. The bedroom had built in closets with his/her sides with drawers, places to hang ties/belts, and shelves for belongings. The bedroom also had a large flat screen,nice linens, and a comfortable bed. The bathroom was very impressive. It was huge. On one end was a large shower with a seat, great water pressure, and great bath products. The other end had a large soaking tub. The vanity was large with a lot of room to place items. Again, all high end material was used for the remodel. A small but impressive feature was the do not disturb or please clean my room light. Instead of the door hang tags that always fall off, each room has a light to indicate if you want privacy or your room cleaned. The food at the hotel was okay. I would say the Prime restaurant that is only open for Breakfast right now was over priced. I would not pay to eat there again. The desserts and quick service food at the Coffee bar were great and a good value. I have no complaints about the coffee. I don't like the valet only option for the hotel. I personally like to park my own car. Right now if you stay in the tower valet is the only option and of course there is a charge. I would like to see a self park lot. Also, a hang tag should be given to guest for their car so they can come and go without having to stop for the security guard. Everytime I came and left, I felt like I had to explain the reason I left the hotel and was coming back. The pool area was really incredible. They had a kids water park area, another smaller water area for toddlers, a lazy river with interactive features, two large water slides, and another large family pool. The pool area also has a beach front on the lake. They have an area roped off for swimming and they have added a Rave Agua Trampoline with a slide, water log, and bouncer to this area. What fun! I would recommend that they rake the sand they have now and then add fresh sand ( there are rocks and bits of construction debris in the sand, my son found pvc piping).
Overall, I was very impressed with the hotel, ammenities, and lake front location. The price is right and they offer specials which make up for some of the current areas that need a little more refining. The "younger staff" were really helpful and attentive. They did a great job handing out sand toys to the kids and ensuring the Easter events were fun. We will frequent this hotel. We only tried two restaurants and will give the ones we didn't try a chance. The piano bar/sushi bar was very nice. For breakfast and dinner we would likely go to some of the restaurants in Montgomery - Heritage House, Magnolia Diner, Fajita Jacks, Pizza Shack, Walden-Caddy Shack and Yaht Club. There are also several restaurants on Lake Conroe that are accessible by water. Have FUN! It is great for kids and a relaxing getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed as the perfect retreat for a team building experience or a family getaway, La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa is an escape destination located on beautiful Lake Conroe an easy hour north of downtown Houston that provides the ideal setting for highly productive business functions, extraordinary social gatherings, rejuvenating family vacations, and romantic couples getaways. La Torretta is an easy getaway – a place to go for a great meal, a workout, a round of golf, or for some pampering at the Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas Hotel Montgomery
- La Torretta Lake Resort And Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas
- La Torretta Del Lago Hotel
- La Torretta Del Lago Resort