“The Perfect Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Montgomery
jch7175
“The Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I was not sure what to expect after reading the previous reviews. While the hotel is not 100% done with the renovation, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the overall resort. The suite was spacious and beautifully appointed with tranquil view of the Lake. The amenities were the best I've seen (and I've stayed at many 5 star hotels). The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The variety of activities that the resort offers is amazing. The moment we arrived, we regret not bringing our two year old son who would love the kiddie pool. mini golf and children's center. The dinner at Chez Roux was out of this world! You can catch the most romantic sunset from the restaurant. The new Spa where I got a Green Tea Cold Stone facial which was a real treat. The staff at the spa was extremely nice and the facility is top notch. I just wish I had gotten a few more treatments but our stay was just too short. Overall, the entire weekend experience exceeded my expectation. I already look forward to coming back.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jch7175
LaTorrettaDelLago1, Management at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2009
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at La Torretta Del Lago Resort & Spa.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay at the property and hope that you will return soon to enjoy our family friendly-facility. In addition to our 3.5-acre Aqua Park—which boasts six pools and a beach—the resort has a lighted miniature golf course, which is perfect for after-dinner games. As you know, we also offer Kids Camps, which give parents the opportunity to take in our new Internationally-inspired spa, 18-Hole Golf Course or a romantic dinner at Chez Roux.

Thank you again for allowing us to serve you. We hope to welcome you and your family back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Spring, Texas
Reviewed March 4, 2009

The hotel staff was very friendly and professional. The grounds are still under construction. There was a mix-up with our message which was quickly handled. Our only concern was our Dinner at The Prime which took over an hour to recieve our main course, our ticket was finally comped! After the property is through with the rennovations we will be back!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
LaTorrettaDelLago1, Management Representative at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 10, 2009
On behalf of the team at La Torretta Del Lago Resort & Spa™, we would like to thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at our property. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our hospitality team was able to take good care of you and your guest, during your visit. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

That said, we are disappointed to hear that not all of your time at La Torretta Del Lago and in Prime was a perfect one. Since your visit, we are happy to report that additional food and beverage outlets are now open. Additionally, we are now fully staffed and trained after the opening and in early March, our premiere French fine dining restaurant, Chez Roux, along with our tropical poolside restaurant CoCoCove Grill have both opened. Additionally, The Spa at La Torretta Del Lago has also opened. The contemporary eco-chic space features 23 treatment rooms offering internationally-inspired signature services and amenities including floatation tubs, Turkish Hammams and a watsu pool, as well as a men’s barber shop, women’s salon and a board certified doctor to perform non-invasive cosmetic procedures.

Thank you, again. We look forward to welcoming you back to the property very soon and assure you an experience in Prime that is sure to exceed your expectations. Should you have any additional concerns, our executive team is always accessible and happy to have your feedback.
Conroe
Reviewed December 14, 2008

We went to Del Lago for a Christmas party. I have stayed at the resort in the past, before the buy out and renovation. I too thought that the food was substandard. The mixed drink prices were $13.00, the beer was $5. Towards the end of the evening when our party was the only one left my wallet was stolen. I got the same treatment as the other people that complained of theft. The staff was very ho hum, like maybe I didn't check my pocket. I called the police out to file a report and the officer was great. I have a distinct feeling that my wallet was picked up when the drinks were getting picked up. At the end of the night I found my wallet in the trash of the bathroom right next to the service door. I have a feeling if someone other than an employee was to have stolen my wallet they wouldn't have gone through the trouble to walk all the way down the hall to the restroom. I have not even mentioned that the restroom did not have paper towels all night until closing. My wallet was under about 80 fancy del lago paper towels. Quite a disappointment. I live close to here and can tell you I do not believe that this place is worth the money or the risk of theft. This hotel has not been open that long to already have 2 thefts. Maybe something should be done about the security, possibly background checks and hiring someone under 80 to head it up. Save your $10 for parking, $13 for a drink and $200+ for a room. There are other hotels in the area.

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank weekender29
LaTorrettaDelLago1, Management at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 23, 2009
On behalf of La Torretta Del Lago Resort & Spa®, we would like to thank you for taking time to review our property. We value each of our guests and always appreciate hearing their feedback.

That said, we are disappointed and shocked about your less-than-perfect experience at La Torretta Del Lago. Please know that our Number One concern at the resort is the safety and security of our guests.
Please know that we have strict security standards in place. For one, our Security Department is registered by the State of Texas Private Security Bureau, which is regulated by the Department of Public Safety, unlike a loss prevention department, which is unregulated.

The resort’s Security Department is made up of retired police officers and fire fighters, including our Director of Security who has 25 years as a former detective of the Maryland Police Department. Our team oversees the resort’s more than 30 security cameras, which monitor all activities 24 hours a day. As a preventative measure, La Torretta Del Lago pays additional off duty sworn police officers to roam the property and, as part of Hotel 101 Security Training, all employees are trained to immediately contact the Security Department if ever a report of theft is made.

Despite your previous experience, we sincerely hope you will give La Torretta Del Lago another chance to serve you in the future. Should you have any additional concerns, our executive team is always accessible and happy to hear your feedback.
Houston
Reviewed November 25, 2008

My company held a conference here and many of us had terrible experiences. Several people had no hot water and had to wait hours to get new rooms, two people had construction workers walk into their rooms while they were in them (they had keys and were obviously there to steal, there was no work needing to be done), and one had her laptop stolen from her suitcase. When she reported it to the front desk they acted like they didn't believe it and accused her of misplacing it. Many of us were scared to sleep in our rooms that night. But the worst was that the ongoing construction which was so loud you could not carry on conversation outside, could also be heard inside and continued into the night. I called around 9:40 to ask when it was going to end (they had assured me earlier in the day it would stop at night), and was told 10:00. Then at 10:20 I called back to see why it hadn't stopped (as many of us described, it sounded like a jackhammer in the room next to you and sleep was impossible), I was told it would go at least two more hours. This was a weeknight and we had to be up early for our conference. I asked to speak to the manager and was given the night manager Bruce Nichols who sounded about 16, was extremely rude and sarcastic and seemed a bit psychotic, who told me it would not stop. I called back to the front desk yelling and threatening and only then was told they would call the real manager and let me know - anyway about 2 hours later it finally stopped but I was so frazzled and angry I was not able to sleep well. Although they treated me like I was the only one complaining, I found out the next day many others had called as well. One day the construction may be done here, but the staff's poor treatment of its guests is the main problem with this hotel, and that most likely will live on.

• Liked — pretty views if you can ignore construction work
  • Disliked — rude staff
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank houstonmom40

We are very disappointed to hear that your experience at La Torretta Del Lago was not a perfect one.
During our $130-million renovation and expansion, we’ve done our best to contain the construction and prevent interruptions to our guests. We would never want to prevent you from having an enjoyable experience at the resort and apologize that your visit was interrupted by our fine-tuning. That said, we are excited to unveil La Torretta Del Lago’s European-style standalone spa and world-class Chez Roux restaurant, in late February, when our final phase of construction will be completed.

Additionally, we would like you to know how seriously we take the safety and security of our guests. For one, our Security Department is registered by the State of Texas Private Security Bureau, which is regulated by the Department of Public Safety, unlike a loss prevention department, which is unregulated. Additionally, La Torretta Del Lago’s security staff must qualify for level one and two security exams and undergo strict background checks that are approved by the Federal Bureau of Investigations.
The resort’s Security Department is made up of retired police officers and fire fighters, including our Director of Security who has 25 years as a former detective of the Maryland Police Department. Our team oversees the resort’s more than 30 security cameras, which monitor all activities 24 hours a day. As a preventative measure, La Torretta Del Lago also pays additional off duty sworn police officers to roam the property and, as part of Hotel 101 Security, all employees are trained to immediately contact the Security Department if ever a report of theft is made.

AZ
Reviewed November 3, 2008

This hotel won't be ready for another few months. The staff were friendly, but they even told us that they weren't fully open but would do their best to make us comfortable.
They have construction crews going 24/7 outside near the golf cottages and when we arrived had no real dining facility ready. They did however manage to serve us dinner (which was good) in the golf club house area.
This is a remodeled Del Lago resort. If they can ever really open, it may be nice, but they have a lot of work to do.
The room was OK, but housekeeping never vaccumed because they have laminate wood floors. The floors in the bathroom needed cleaning. It was noisy and during the day, the construction workers were driving up and down the street yelling at one another. Mind you we were the only people there, so the workers probably didn't know that guests were staying there. I would wait a few months because they will not tell how how unprepared they are for your visit. Don't go unless you have to be in the area. Again, staff were very sweet but did not give a complete picture to us on arrival.

• Disliked — They said they were open with restaurants and were not.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank NotReadyforYou
On behalf of La Torretta Del Lago Resort & Spa®, we would like to thank you for taking time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased that you enjoyed the meal created by our world-renowned culinary team and also the helpfulness of our hospitality team.

However, we are very disappointed to hear that not all of your experience at La Torretta Del Lago was a perfect one. Since your visit, we are happy to report that additional food and beverage outlets—Prime, Yoi Sushi Bar, Mokka Café, Sonata Piano Bar and Énergie—are now open, as well as the 18-hole golf course, clubhouse, fitness center, 70,000-square-foot conference center and AquaPark. And in late February, the final portion of La Torretta Del Lago’s $130-million ground-up renovation and expansion will be complete with the debut of our European-style spa and internationally-acclaimed Chez Roux restaurant.

Should you have any additional concerns, we welcome the opportunity to talk with you. Our executive team is always accessible and happy to hear your feedback.
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed October 29, 2008

This hotel is under a complete renovation, including the spa and golf course. The plans are very intriguing, but will have to wait and see.

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank MDFreqTvlr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Best Western Lake Conroe Inn
Super 8 Montgomery/ Lake Conroe
Embassy Suites by Hilton The Woodlands at Hughes Landing
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR
SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands

Been to La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!