“decent hotel, bad customer service”

La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Montgomery
Houston, Texas
“decent hotel, bad customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was charged for my room when I booked it in Feb, stayed one night this past weekend, and have (2) $110 charges from the hotel on my card. Call the hotel, they put me through to accounting, and I got a voicemail. Additionally, the line to express check out on my room phone went to a voicemail. I called the front desk and they checked me out. I did not get an emailed receipt, and now looking at my credit card statement find these erroneous charges. Not cool

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank MLM4555
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you would like to call (936) 448-4400. We’ll make sure a customer service representative will walk through the charges with you to correct any mistakes that might be found. Again, we apologize for our shortcoming in following up as it is not reflective of our normal service standards. Thank you again and we hope to earn your business back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Liberty, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Property offers many things to do for the kids as well as adults. Dining was good. Water park was awesome (as the kids put it). Fitness Center was better than I expected. It was nice and relaxing and would recommend it to all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are very happy to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We hope that you will make time to visit La Torretta again during the summer months.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I took the opportunity to take my two granddaughters to the resort for the weekend. They live in Houston and I live nearby in Waller. I wasn't sure if the weather would cooperate...luckily it did. When we arrived Saturday the girls immediately hit the waterpark area (lazy river and water slides) then enjoyed S'mores on the beach compliments of the hotel. Later in the evening the hotel even showed a movie by the pool for the kids. We had a wonderful dinner in Restaurant 157 followed by a good nights rest in our room on the 13th floor facing the lake. The next day breakfast in Restaurant 157 followed by miniature golf. It was a bit chilly but the girls had a great time. Many thanks to the wonderful staff.

1 Thank Alicia T
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our customers and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Conroe, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Our semi annual girl trip had other options to stay, but we chose LaToretta because it was close by. We rented one of the villas.....WOW...has that place gone to seed! We stayed there years ago and they were spacious and lovely. Now they have been split in half and were awful. The grounds looked horrible and the actual "room" didn't have a wet bar sink, refridgerator or even a decent size garbage can. It was cheaply decorated and the furniture was uncomfortable. We were promised a roll-away but when we went to check on it (the phones were "out" so we were unable to call the desk) we were told that we could have a blow up mattress. We were all sorry that we paid $500 for a really shoddy stay. We did get a lot of good laughs out of it though!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Candyjive5
Thank you so much for your feedback. Its detailed accounts like yours that help us improve the guest experience at La Torretta. Your comments have been shared with each department to ensure your experience is not repeated. We clearly missed the mark during your stay and want you to know that is not normal of La Torretta standards. We are working on several projects throughout the resort, some of which include adding refrigerators to each guest room. We do hope you’ll consider La Torretta again, in the future, and allow us a second opportunity to showcase why we recently received the 2013 Smart Star Bronze Award for “Best Family Friendly Meeting Hotel/Resort.”

Travelers are raving about these Montgomery hotels

Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a wonderful time during our stay. Other than the weather, it was fantastic. The entire Aqua Park staff was wonderful ... Diane, Sierra, Dustin, Starr, Megan, Tyler, Taylor, Amanda, Hannah, Chris .. I'm sorry if I'm leaving anyone off. They were really great. Had a wonderful time getting to know them and laughing with them, especially after I got an innertube stuck around my waist (thanks Chris!). We had big laughs over that. They treated my wife and young girls with great respect and were a pleasure to be around. If I get a chance to come back this summer, it will be because I want to come hang out with them again. They were truly a pleasure to be around and were all fantastic at there jobs. I plan to blog about my experience and share with everyone because I want them to visit and have as much fun as we did.

Food was really great at all the places we visited. Don't have anything bad to say at all. Really great experience and will likely go back again this summer.

Room Tip: Lakeside view rooms are nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for you detailed feedback. We are most pleased that you enjoyed your time with us at La Torretta Lake Resort. We our sorry that the weather hasn’t quite decided whether it’s winter or spring this year, hopefully the latter will come some. We do hope you’ll make plans to return with the family this summer.
college station, tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Went in with modest expectations of this resort - and have traveled a lot. Live in Tx - so this was a quick spring break getaway with the kids. Check in was fine - room was nice. First bad experience was with pool service for food. Took 45 mins to get drinks and then another 30 to get food. Chalked it up to overworked staff. Reservations at Lakeside - $100 bucks later and 2 hrs later with cold food that had to be sent back. Next day wanted to play tennis. It's included as an activity they offer. Waited literally 1 hr for a 'rec manager' to come unlock the pro shop to get racquets. They get there, there are no racquets. Was going to book myself and 2 daughters at spa today - won't be doing that since I don't trust the service at this place. Not worth the almost $500 shelled out for their 'spring break' experience.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank diane w
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your detailed account of your stay. We have clearly missed the mark with service all around and sincerely apologize. This is not representative of our normal service standards at La Torretta. We have shared your concerns with our food and beverage team and are taking steps to improve service at both the pool and Lakeside. Additionally, we will work with our recreations supervisor to ensure guests have access to equipment upon request.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

The concept sound it perfect on their website, but when you get there is a Different story!
My experience at the Resort in a scale from 1 to 5, ONE meaning Bad and 5 meaning Excellent!
It was a 2 meaning, it was Poor. We had fun, but for the price is not worth it. It was way too expensive for what it is. We stayed at the main building and the hallways and the rooms are in bad condition and they are in great need for some TLC!
At the spa the service was good and the people were nice and courteous.
The verdict overall- we had fun but to expensive!!
p.s. It was my anniversary and no one from the staff said anything and I told them before hand.
C Vazquez

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carlos V
We are very sorry to hear that your visit with us at La Torretta did not meet your expectations. We have shared your comments with each department so that we can better the overall resort experience. Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences us. We were glad to hear that your spa visit was relaxing and pleasant.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
BEST WESTERN Lake Conroe Inn
Super 8 Montgomery/ Lake Conroe
Embassy Suites by Hilton The Woodlands at Hughes Landing
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe
Days Inn & Suites Conroe North

Been to La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!