“Very Nice”

La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just got back from our church marriage retreat at La Torretta Lake Resort, and must say it is really a nice facility with beautiful pools, excellent food and service. My husband and I enjoyed our room. It was modern but cozy, clean, and spacious, the bathroom was super nice. The balcony offer a beautiful view of the lake and the pool areas. Nice lit up closets. Really recommend anyone to visit La Torretta for a get away.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
LaTorrettaResort, Director of Sales at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and appreciate your time to write it. We look forward to your return and, as always, let us know if we can accommodate any request you may have.

There are newer reviews for La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had a girls' weekend at the Texas Renaissance Festival and stayed here. What a delight, I wish I had learned of the place sooner. The cottage we stayed in was quiet and comfortable, with two separate bedrooms. It would have been great with kids. The waterpark looks inviting, the staff are friendly, the Spa is amazing, and gofers seemed happy as well. Thirty minutes' drive to the festival, it made it much more fun and relaxing than past years when I drove up and back in one day.

Room Tip: Stay in a cottage. They a very close walking distance to everything else, very quiet and each has th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments from your girls weekend. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the Texas Renaissance Festival experience. We look forward to your return to enjoy the Spa, Golf, and Aqua Park

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at La Torretta for a night for a cousin's wedding. We enjoyed the stay in one of the rooms in the Tower - the room was large, separated with a living room and a bedroom, clean, and comfortable. We didn't get to enjoy the pool or the courts but everything looked nice and well maintained. The valet staff was nice... on the day of the check in, there was a long waiting line for parking. They allowed us to park the car near the check-in so we can drop off our bags into our room and then go to self-parking. The food from the wedding was great - I'm sure it was catered on-site! Overall, it was a pleasant stay and we plan to go back to enjoy the hotel and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear TravelerfrMoCity,
I enjoyed reading about your relaxing visit with us while attending a friend's wedding and thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to read that you thought our valet staff was so accommodating and kind as our service is very important to us. I do hope that you will have the chance to come back and enjoy the Aqua Park and other amenities that you were not able to experience on this visit.

Looking forward to your return,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were looking for a place near the Texas Renaissance Festival and this place was IDEAL. Less than 30 minuets away from the festival and a great place to kick back and relax. The Valet service is top notch and the baggage service was very useful. Though the gentleman whom checked us in at the front desk seemed not interested at all in answering my questions about the resort but told me to visit the website.

We had breakfast both in the room and in '157' Meal options were the same and would have rather stayed in the room.

When booking our reservation, we mentioned it was for our Anniversary, and received champagne and strawberries in our room on check in.

Overall a Very nice and Relaxing Visit.

Room Tip: Choose the bay side for a better view!!!

Dear ViceZorb,
I am so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful Anniversary weekend! I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary champagne and strawberries upon arrival. I hope that next time you will try our brand new Lakeside Restaurant, as it would of been ideal for your Anniversary meal. The Double Pork Chop is my personal favorite but everything is absolutely delicious there. We would love the pleasure of hosting you again and thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Staff was not friendly. My daughter and I stayed in two Lakeside suites for one night and then transferred to 2 units in the Tower for another night to visit Family. Requests from Housekeeping took several calls and 3 hours to deliver. Definitey not impressed...coulding use room phones..they didn't ring...couldn't pick up messages...and couldn't call out!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Donna P,
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not what you expected. We take our service very seriously and I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not match these high standards. I have shared your feedback with our management team and we will follow up with our team on the service issues. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention so that we may address them. I apologize again for your experience and hope that we will have a chance to win back your service.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked our trip to La Torretta for my husband's birthday. I wanted to stay somewhere close to home to be close to our kids since my mother is getting older and watching them is harder for her. I booked the room then something made me check the reviews. Why I didn't do that before I booked the room, I don't know. After reading several reviews on different sites my heart sank. All I could think was I just booked ourselves into a nightmare and I can't get our money back soooooo, we kept our reservations. We were booked for the spa package which came with the complimentary valet parking, spa value of $150 and a suite in the tower. Upon arrival the valet service was quick and accommodating. Jon did our check in and he was very professional and friendly. My husband was scheduled for a massage so I went on to the room. The suite was clean, spacious and had a nice view of the pool and lake. The balcony would have been more accommodating with a small table and chairs to enjoy the view but well, something to consider. I decided to go to the pool which honestly, was the most disappointing part of the trip. Entering the gate to the pool area was a water cooler and towel station. There was trash, used towels thrown about. The adult pool looked inviting with plenty of lounge chairs but once again, dirty towels and trash everywhere. I found a place to sit but could not find any clean towels. No one every came to take my drink order and I have a foot injury so did not want to walk way to the other side to the bar so I just went without anything to drink. When I went to get in the pool it was very dirty! Hair, bugs, trash and some other things I won't mention quickly made me get my stuff and leave. My husband returned from the spa and said it was one of the best massages he has ever had. For dinner we ate at The Lake Restaurant on the property and it was very nice! The staff was friendly,our waiter Ian was fantastic, food was hot and delicious! Bedtime was a little rough. There was a wedding party above our floor ( 11th) and they were extremely loud. Luckily the problem was handled quickly and we were able to go back to bed. We had breakfast at 157 on the property. The buffet was huge with a good selection but the food was cold and our waitress was not very accommodating. Overall we were pleased with the stay and would consider returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Sbucks05,
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful time at Lakeside and your husband enjoyed his time at the spa. I apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered at the aqua park and I have made sure that the issues you brought to our attention have been addressed with our senior leadership team. I am happy to read that you are returning so that we may impress you upon your return and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My fiance and I got married, We stayed at La Torretta on our wedding night and the night after that. The lady who checked us in (sorry, don't remember her name) was extremely friendly & informed us that we would be in a suite on their 19th floor!! Upon entering the room we were surprised to see rose petals, champagne and strawberries as well, not sure if this was a gift from one of our wedding party guests, the hotel I work at, or on behalf of the La Torreta, but it was a nice surprise!!

We were pretty tired from the wedding and crashed soon after, though we did stop by their bar Energie lounge which was pretty cool, they put a congratulations message on their TV, allowed us to have a first dance and let my now wife sing a couple songs!!. The room accommodations were very nice & clean, the bed was extremely comfortable & the view from the balcony was very nice.

We had lunch at the restaurant 157 before our couples massage, but I will go into more detail about 157 a bit later in the review...

The Spa was easily the highlight of the whole trip. I can not say enough great things about their operation and the wonderful people who work there. Shawn Carson is an absolute rock star and deserves to be recognized for his tremendous guest service skills. I forgot to mention this, but I work at a high end boutique hotel for quite a number of years, have much insider knowledge of the industry in general, & a love for exceptional customer service. For me to say Shawn was truly exceptional is saying a lot. He would easily fit into our culture, our level of guest satisfaction and excel there. Words cannot describe what an absolute delight he is to interact with and I highly recommend if you stay there to seek him out, because he will truly do all that he can to make you feel like the most important people on the property (which I later found out is over 400 acres and has over 500+ rooms) I'd also like to commend Lakita Saher, Guiselle Maroquin as well. Our massage was so relaxing!!!

Debbie and Neil who worked overnight were excellent as well, I used to work the 11pm-6:30am shift for a while & my heart goes out to them. I'm sure they've dealt with their fair share of trouble on that shift, but once again they shined and really helped me out so I hope they get commended for their efforts as well in making our stay so great..

Sadly, the heated pool was not up and running (but the hot tub was) and the slide was out of service to (these things happen so not much you can do), They were also undergoing renovations so sadly we were not able to try out their Yoi Sushi bar or Sonata piano bar like we had hoped to when checking out the website before our stay We were really looking forward to eating at Lakeside, but they are closed on Sunday's.

Lastly, while not a big deal, I was a bit disappointed while waiting in line at Mokka Cafe because they have pictures of yummy looking smoothies on the wall only to find out they do not actually offer Smoothies, what's up with that!?

While my overall stay was absolutely phenomenal, Being in the industry so long I do have to mention a few things that could use improvement and that made me unhappy.

First, I was a bit disappointed in the misinformation given to me by the operator (I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and hope she may just be new) but I called using the phone by the elevator asking where the ice machine was on my floor and she said I'd have to call in-room dining to get ice. There are ice machines on all floors first door on the left of the hall when leaving the elevators.

Second: I don't blame the housekeeper or anything because I can see how easily the mistake she made was, but we had brought a robe from home given to me by my hotel some years back and a lot of hotels use the same distributor for things like robes and linens. She took our robe thinking it was a dirty one of theirs and replaced it with one of their own (They look extremely similar) I am still hoping they find it and are willing to ship it back to me.

Third: Restaurant 157...very poor experience and I think of your entire property this one needs the most work. We had both lunch and dinner there Sunday (We wanted to go to Lakeside for dinner, but had to go back to 157 for dinner as Lakeside was closed on Sunday's
Lunch: Lunch took FOREVER, add to that the restaurant was completely dead, maybe three tops total. we ordered two small salads and split a turkey club. We had expected to get the salads first & then get the club afterwards. They waited and brought them at the same time and worse actually forgot to order one of the salads in the kitchen when I very much remember placing the order correctly. They did make up for it and get it out pretty quick once our waiter (Gary) realized the mistake.

Dinner: Abysmal is all i can say, the hostess that sat us gave us dirty wet menu's, mine had pink and blue marker all over it and my wife's had dirty food stuck to hers. There was only one other table in the entire restaurant so I felt this was pretty unacceptable. I ordered the steak which I felt it was very dry and bland. The chocolate Sunday ordered was not moist at all like I was hoping (I can let that slide because the bakeshop probably made them way earlier in the day as they tend to do) The only saving grace was our waitress Stephanie who was filling in. She typically works room service. She was absolutely excellent, very attentive, & all around extremely pleasant to talk to.

I will cut 157 SOME slack in the taking forever department, because I believe there kitchen is also in charge of room service (that's a lot of rooms to service and the distance is isn't as close as some think), but if I have to wait forever to get my entree it should at least be enjoyable.

A very special thank you to Gladys in housekeeping too, she was working on cleaning a room four rooms down and gladly stopped for a moment to come take our picture out on the balcony.

Beware of snakes apparently if out strolling late at night, a security guard came by while we were out on a stroll by the piers and mentioned he had seen a couple copperhead snakes about.

Overall, a fantastic property & they will go out of their way to make your stay amazing. I will definitely go back.

One suggestion, hammocks around the property near the water would be quite popular, especially in the summer!!

2  Thank Justin S

Dear Justin S,
I am delighted that we were able to impress a seasoned hotel professional like yourself on such an important occasion as your wedding night. I enjoyed reading about your surprise of the champagne, strawberries and rose petals, along with the spa treatment and the fun you had at the karaoke bar. Thank you for the feedback you provided on the ice machines, Mokka's smoothies and the other nuances that you identified during your stay as it helps us to get better. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again and thank you again for your delightful review.

In Hospitality,
Jaimi Fore, Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Best Western Lake Conroe Inn
Super 8 Montgomery/ Lake Conroe
Embassy Suites by Hilton The Woodlands at Hughes Landing
SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR

Been to La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!