Upon arrival, couldn't quite figure out where to park or check in. Signage not good during some renovations of the lobby. Met the rest of my group at the pool area while waiting for the room (zero chance of it being ready early).
Te check in area is at the conference center. There were three people at the desk and there was a line up. I appeared to be working while the others watched. Took a little while but the others finally decided to get to work. The staff didn't seem very professional or well trained but nice enough. Just had trouble answering some basic questions about activities.
Booked the $99 special rooms. This is a great price and why we booked to check the place out. Te rooms were cabins over by the golf course. Not a far walking distance but with small children we opted to drive back and forth to the pool and main hotel area.
The cabins were nice and recently updated and spacious. Since it was far from the main hotel, it would have been nice for them to include a fridge. The cabins are right on the golf course SI the scenery is nice but the grit if them needs work. It is all dirt and weeds around the front.
The watermark is nice. The kids loved the pools and lazy river and there are a couple water slides. Te pools could use some more cleaning though and more weeding. The bar was nice at the pool although again the service was painfully slow.
We ate at the hotel bar/sushi/pizza restaurant. The restaurants are moved around during renovations. The sushi was ok. My daughter didn't want sushi so we ordered a pizza. That came way after the sushi and the waitress asked how it was because no one ever ordered it. It came delivered in a box to our table. There were menus for it on every table.
Overall was a decent place to stay but needs more work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed as the perfect retreat for a team building experience or a family getaway, La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa is an escape destination located on beautiful Lake Conroe an easy hour north of downtown Houston that provides the ideal setting for highly productive business functions, extraordinary social gatherings, rejuvenating family vacations, and romantic couples getaways. La Torretta is an easy getaway – a place to go for a great meal, a workout, a round of golf, or for some pampering at the Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Torretta Lake Resort And Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas
- La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas Hotel Montgomery
- La Torretta Del Lago Hotel
- La Torretta Del Lago Resort