Went for a quick getaway with family. Live in Houston so like the convenience. When we arrived I was not aware they were remodeling the lobby so wasn't sure where to check in. Arrived a little early but we were allowed to utilize the pool until our room was ready. They were nice enough to call us to let us know when our room was ready and it did not take that long.
We were really there for the pool activities because that is what my kids like. Pools are nice. Slides fun but no lifeguards or monitors so you need to make sure you are watching out for your kids. Lazy river small but heated so that is a nice treat. Nice poolside menu so able to enjoy standard pool menu and drinks. They did not have any small tables near pool chairs which would have been nice. There are not a lot of shaded areas or umbrellas available and they should really reconsider this in the summer Texas heat. I have to agree with other reviews that they really need to work on the landscape and lawn manicure. When you are in the lazy river you are looking at a lot of weeds! The beach area did not look like other artificial hotel beaches. Not really kept up and no chairs or anything in that part if you wanted to sit down and let kids play in sand. They do s'mores in the evening which kids always enjoy.
Rooms are nice and the suite set up is ideal for families. The room had a balcony but no chairs to sit out and enjoy the view. If I am going to pay extra for a lake view room then I would like to have the option to sit outside on the balcony and enjoy. Other little things about the room that keep me from rating higher are there were only 2 sets of towels yet we booked the room stating there were going to be 4.
Family Dining options (not including Coco bay by the pool) are not that great in my opinion. The main dining room only had a buffet option for dinner and we really did not want BBQ. They recommended we try Energie which is the sushi restaurant and told us we could order off the menu there. We went there and even though the place was empty we had hard time getting seated and when we did we were seated at a wobbly table that was dirty. We decided the fact that both the restaurants were pretty empty on a Saturday night that there were probably better options outside the hotel. We ended up going to Five Guys and had great burgers. There are lots of chains and dining options on HWY105. We did eat the breakfast buffet prior to leaving. Food was good but had to find someone to take our drink order. The carpet was extremely dirty with food and hard for me to imagine that was all from breakfast that morning. It is also strange that the restaurants are in the conference center area and not in the main hotel.
The one thing I will say is even though the staff seemed stretched thin they were all extremely friendly and helpful. I would come back again but I think there are a few things management needs to work on to make this a top notch resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed as the perfect retreat for a team building experience or a family getaway, La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa is a resort destination located on beautiful Lake Conroe an easy hour north of downtown Houston that provides the ideal setting for highly productive business functions, extraordinary social gatherings, rejuvenating family vacations, and romantic couples getaways. La Torretta is an easy getaway – a place to go for a great meal, a workout, a round of golf, or for some pampering at the Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Groupon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas Hotel Montgomery
- La Torretta Lake Resort And Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas
- La Torretta Del Lago Hotel
- La Torretta Del Lago Resort