La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
Best Western Lake Conroe Inn(Montgomery)(Great Value!)
$100
$80
$85
  • Breakfast included
$95
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe(Conroe)(Great Value!)
$95
Hotels.com
1,442 results
All reviewslazy riverwater parkpiano barlakeside restaurantlake conroeputt putt golfsplash padconference centertennis courtsadult poolclose to homepool sideliving areanice resortlake resortbreakfast buffetself parking
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed only one night and found it was a very nice hotel, clean, friendly staff and interesting view.
Just one complaint, and you know I tell you everything.. I rented a great room and requested a pull out sofa or roll away bed, since we took our grand daughter with us.
When we got to the room, which was really lovely, nicely furnished and super clean, we found no pul out sofa and no roll away bed.
When I called the concierge and asked wher she should sleep, they told me that we would have to move to another room.
I don't mind moving to another room if the other room is nicer, but in this case, it was not. That upset me.

Room Tip: My suggestion for any hotel. If at all possible, arrive early. It seems to me that the hotel does not really reserve a specific room, what ever is left over, you will get.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kate P
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here the weekend of November 3rd for the Oil Man event that my husband participated in. The hotel rooms are very spacious, modern, and clean. Love having the suite set up which included a mini bar area. We ate at the restaurant which was very unappealing. No atmosphere, food was terrible, service so so. There are not any good restaurant choices on the property although they do have a nightclub (which is in one of the ballroom rooms) and a piano bar that looks very nice. This is a very nice resort for this area and we would return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a very great venue. The staff was very helpful staff. The room was very clean, spacious and well laid out. Realy enjoyed having the balcony access from the room with a very pretty view. The food was good but nothing out of the normal. We will be going back in the summer to try out the many swimming pools they have available.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in. If I didnt have to give it a star to write a review, I would give it zero stars.

Checked into my room, an upgraded "marina view room' which consisted of a buggy patio on the second floor that I could barely see any water from. The room was dirty, when we check in, there were boogers all over the walls, a used Q tip in the bed, bugs on the ceiling, and a toilet that would not stop running.

We went to get something to eat and there were no restaurants on the property open. It was lunchtime and there was one cafe open, with prepackaged sandwiches that looked like they have been there for 3 days. Went down to the pool, no staff working at the pool, the bar and snack bar at the pool were closed, and you had to walk half a mile to get a towel! There were no lake activities as described on the website. No kayaking or fishing. It appeared that there was a fire on one of the docks, and it looked like they cut away some of the wood to try and rebuild,without replacing all of the burnt wood.

No conceirge to help direct with offsite food, or even onsite food for that matter.

The Valet was by far the worst part. After using this service for $15 a day, waiting in long lines to get my car parked, then finally getting my car by when checking out, I discovered they had DROVE MY CARE INTO A CURB!!!! My rim was all bent up, and there was a chunk missing out of my tire. They asked who had my car and of course there were 10 teenagers driving the cars around, so I had no idea who drove my car back. The security manager looked at the car and assessed the damage. Then took my information and told ME TO CALL THEM!!!! Of course I was going to follow up anyways, however I think that since they were the ones that damaged my car they should be the ones to initiate the process. Now I have to deal with them and try to get my car fixed through their insurance. Based upon the rest of the resort I am sure it will be a nightmare.

I DO NOT recommend this place to anyone. If you are looking for a nice night up around lake conroe I would recommend a Motel 8, or possibley popping a tent near the water. Either would be more luxurious than LA TORRETTA!!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Unhappy_Traveler177
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

It's about 50 miles from us... ASAP you get there you get the feeling that you're far away. Hotel is very quiet, not much going on... It's catered more for conferences... But if you have enough budget to do everything and stay longer then it's a very nice getaway. Service is pretty excellent.. Prime steakhouse is a good dine area and breakfast is waaaaaay all the way better than any hotels we've been, with fruits, pastries, build your own omelet & meat..

• Stayed: October 2012